IT.COM

Buyer Requesting Name Appraisal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Potential buyer of one of my DN's (appears serious) states he doesn't want to overpay (what's new) and requested I have it appraised at GreatDomains,FastDomainNames and HollywoodDomains. Is this a normal request? In all fairness, the request was initiated because I balked on a selling price and invited him to make an offer.

Want to get this name along w/ one or two others appraised anyways. Any experience w/ these cos appraisal services? If the names are of decent value, will this help promote sales?:|

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This sounds like the AllForDomains scam - you won't get a buyer out of it. Run away, very fast.

•••
Originally posted by DuffMan
This sounds like the AllForDomains scam - you won't get a buyer out of it. Run away, very fast.

Agree... S C A M

•••
•••
Two things quickly come to mind here ... one, the obvious money that YOU will be required to spend for such an "appraisal". Two, the likely inflated "appraisal" you'll receive potentially putting you at a disadvantage going in to negotiations for the sale of your domain name, IMHO. What if it's appraised at MORE than your initial Offering price, for instance? :o
Did this person contact you intially? Is there any information you can share regarding from where it was sent? It's possible, as stated above, that the person "seemed serious" about buying your domain name, but really, all they may want is your money being spent on an "appraisal". More information could clarify here, as I'm understanding it thus far.
Thanks.

•••

Last edited:
•••
•••
Here are the emails:

Potential Buyer

Hi there,

After doing a keyword search on Google.com I have found your domain for sale.
I prefer to make all deals direct without domain brokers so I've decided to contact you via email.
(I've found your email address via WHO IS)

Is this domain still available for sale ? I'm interested in purchasing.

If it's still available for sale please email me your asking price.

If you have other good domains for sale feel free to email me the full list with asking prices.

If I can afford your domain I'll contact you. Please don't send me multiple emails if you don't receive a reply from me and keep my email address confidential.
Just email me your asking price. If I decide to buy I'll contact you as soon as possible.

I can send you money via PayPal. If you don't have a PayPal account I can send you the funds by a certified check.

Best Regards,

Anthony Griffin

http://www.Rock.com

MY RESPONSE

Thankyou for your interest. I am in the process of formalizing my domain
> name marketing and wrapping up a new website (probably named
> httpaddress.com or websitenames.ws). I haven't set prices on all of the
> names yet. If you have a figure in mind, please send me an offer. I am
> not being coy here, but I simply am not sure what the names price should
> be . I am, however, making some inquiries, checking out some comps, and
> have put the name up for sale (make offer) at a couple of sites to check
> the response and get a line on the approximate value of the name.
> I registered the name the very 1st day that .us was offered and
> NEXTPRESIDENT.US along w/ SPIRITOF76.US are the best of my .us DN's.My
> plan has been to develop approx 10 names into sites. These (and possibly
> USROUTE66.US) were the names w/.us exts I finally landed on. Am now
> seeing that my appetite for DN's far exceeds my ability to develop their
> respective sites, so that is why I'm opening a site for DN sales.
> If you have a figure in mind, please send me an offer and if it sounds
> good, the deal will be done. Otherwise, I will get back to you in next
> couple of weeks w/ a price.
>
> Here's a short list of some other DN's I own, that will probably be
> available (might keep a couple for developing).
>
BUYERS RESPONSE
I need a fair price and I don't want to overpay. Do you have an appraisal certificate for your name ? I need an independent and professional valuation. Please note that I don't trust free or unprofessional appraisals. I don't want to overpay. It can be an appraisal certificate from www.GreatDomains.com or www.FastDomainSales.com or HollywoodDomains.com. It does not matter because I trust all these companies.

After I receive your appraisal I can send you money via PayPal. If you don't have a PayPal account I can send you the funds by a certified check.

If you wish we can use escrow.com to secure the transaction.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

Anthony Griffin

http://www.Rock.com

>That's it in a nutshell.

D-: Read the string. Thx for helping me out and saving me some time and $$$:(

Last edited:
•••
Originally posted by Grrilla
D-: Read the string. Thx for helping me out and saving me some time and $$$ :(

:tu:

Got me worried there for a second with your "after" post! :D
Have a great domain weekend, and stay tuned to the Namepros Channel™.
B-)

•••
Tell him to pay the $20 for the appraisal and you'll sell it to him for one tenth the appraised value lol.

•••
you are lucky to discover this forum before being scammed :)

That Anthony Griffin just wont stop his scamming letter approach...

•••
I too just recieved an email for one of my domains (sbcglobal.info) I guess he writes the same exact letters... Does he really buy domains or is he just a scam? Also, the email convos above by Grrilla are the exact ones he sent me too, word for word...

•••
No it's a scam.. there are quite a few threads about it.. block his email address, does he actually think no one will tell his name/email?

•••
Sorry, Waldo ... I had a feeling that yours might have been this, as well. :'(
Have a great domain Sunday! :)

•••
•••
Originally posted by GCgirl4ever
No it's a scam.. there are quite a few threads about it.. block his email address, does he actually think no one will tell his name/email?

Hey, there are still some people that might not know his email.

•••
Definitely a scam! I feel sorry for you Michael, I felt very disappointed too when I found out the offers about my domains are spams as well!

•••
•••
Originally posted by Lord
Hey, there are still some people that might not know his email.

Rightio, glad this thread was revisited here recently and subsequently "bumped" for some of the newer members to the site.
This serves as an important notice to all domainers, IMHO.

Wishing the best for the New Year, folks!
B-)

Originally posted by acts837
I got one from this guy yesterday. [email protected]

Ouch, see what I mean? D-:
Welcome to Namepros, Acts.

•••
The names used like Anthony Griffin and M Stewart are fake of course. Rock.com is a just a free email service used as part of the scam. This appraisal scheme fraud is perpetrated by Eleview International, run by OLEG NAYANDIN, DMITR SHAMPAROV, and MICHAEL E PARRIS.

•••
Originally posted by Arturo
The names used like Anthony Griffin and M Stewart are fake of course. Rock.com is a just a free email service used as part of the scam. This appraisal scheme fraud is perpetrated by Eleview International, run by OLEG NAYANDIN, DMITR SHAMPAROV, and MICHAEL E PARRIS.

Here's another name for the people out there. The same letter is being circulated with the name Brian Taylor. He uses this email address:

[email protected]

WARNING: THIS IS A SCAM

MJ

•••
Oh man! D-:
Thanks for the heads-up, MJ.

Welcome to Namepros!
B-)

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Oh man! D-:
Thanks for the heads-up, MJ.

Welcome to Namepros!
B-)

Hi CoolHost,

Thanks for the Welcome. Warn everyone you know about this scam. It's easy to get caught in this trap!

MJ

•••
Thanks For The Heads Up :tu:

i think it should always be up to the buyer to pay for the apprisal . but thats just my 2 cents

•••
Thanks for the heads up guys

NamePros helps out a lot, when it comes to the Domain Business and its scams.

But Remember You Have To Go With Your Instincts!

If someone want an appraisal let them pay for it.

talk 2 u later
domaindude

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back