NameSilo

BuyDomains sold MyBB.com to MyBB the famous open source forum software

Located in Domain Industry News started by owntype, Aug 10, 2010.

Replies:
Views:

1. owntype

owntype Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

When I visited MyBB.com last year it was listed for sale by BuyDomains.com for $20k and this domain name is being used as official MyBB website now. Perfect end user bought the perfect domain for their project.

After googling it a bit, I found the following article about the deal details. It seems BuyDomains gave MyBB around 75% off.

Here's the url, it's certainly worth the time to read.

MyBB Project Purchases MyBB.com

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Nice info, thanks :)

3. labrocca

labrocca Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Anyone want to ask questions about this I'm the guy that helped broker it for MyBB. That's my blog. And yes I know, I'm not an impressive blogger. Not really my thing.

4. bluesinjid

bluesinjid Established Member

This is sort of old news, but labrocca, you definitely have the right negotiation skills to get that domain for such a great price! I've decided to try out mybb, seeing all the similar features to vbulletin. You definitely also know how to manage huge forums too, judging by your signature ;)

5. labrocca

labrocca Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

My largest forum is more active than DP, NP, and DNF combined and it's running MyBB. :)

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!