NameSilo

BuyDomains.com Question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Last year, I owned a domain name which was snapped by BuyDomains.com when I forgot to reregister it, (Yes, I know, how could I forget?) It will soon be availible again to register, and I wanted to know if all names BuyDomains has are good, if most of them are worth nothing, or if only a few of them are worth nothing. I have considered placing a backorder on my old name, seeing that BuyDomains took it as a premium name, but I haven't decided yet. Thanks in advanced!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If it's a decent name, they most likely won't let it drop. You can place snaps on the name at the various backorder places, but it probably won't do you much good. Good luck with this.

Regards,
Mike

•••
I'm not sure whether or not it's a decent name... if it is, I am even more mad at myself for letting it drop :-D. Does anyone know how likely it is that BuyDomains would drop a domain name?

EDIT: The domain name is .COM, and every other TLD is availible.

Last edited:
•••
buydomains will most likely keep all domains they get. Buydomains has beat my backorders many many times.

•••
Why not just buy it from them? Very unlikely for them to let a name drop, they are in the business to sell domains. And it might be a very long time before they expense it. They first depreciate it by lowering the price untill you see it in the bargain bin, then they would let it drop which doesnt happen too much at all. Even names I see in the bargain bin are not to let expire. Very smart business or else they would not be who they are today.

•••
Odds are if it's a dot-com and all other TLD's are taken, it won't be dropped by them. My guess is the only way to get it is to make them an offer.

They beat me out on an alternate spelling of my company's generic domain last year. I had it on ALL the drop services, and still got beat by one of their contrated registrars. I don't forsee them ever dropping my desired name either, but I won't pay what they're asking since it would only be a secondary domain.

•••
Sorry about that, none of the other TLDs are taken, that would have been horrible for me if all the others were taken :-D!

•••
buydomains.com did drop domains, even one worder domains, I've snapped one word .net which dropped by buydomains.com(or they just forgot to renew it:).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back