domain BuyCheapWood.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEliteDomains

Established Member
Impact
Lumber prices are up 237% this year alone. Just google "Lumber Prices" It costs an estimated 36k more to build a home this year just because of current lumber prices.

I know the word "cheap" can be associated with low quality, but to a dad working on a weekend project or a less than reputable contractor I feel these words often get typed into google. "Cheap Wood" seems to have a rather steady and decent google trend.

I understand the end user here wouldn't be a warehouse shipping lumber to your door, but perhaps a good redirect site?

P.S. I know the domain BuyCheapLUMBER.com would be better, but it was taken.

I also promise to change my name from TheElteDomains to TheOkayDomains after this.

As always opinions welcome!
Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Honestly, I prefer "buycheapwood.com" over "buycheaplumber.com"...you could confuse this with "Buy Cheap Plumber" (lol)

I can see people Googling "Buy Cheap Wood"...getting those hits. The domain itself isn't valueless, in my view

My appraisal for buycheapwood.com is low hundreds

•••
when i saw the name i remember articles about wood prices hitting the sky
list at xxx bin and make sure you sell it before price drop because once it does it will just be another hard to sell three word domain.
good luck

•••
As you noted correctly, the word ''cheap'' subconsciously is associated with low quality. What is also associated with in this case is a cliche marketing trick - say ''cheap'' to attract attention.
Also it's 3 words...yes, low $XXX and if you are lucky. But good luck!

Just small advice - there are still lots of great 2-words combinations with ''wood'' available. I got myself recently ProperWood.com (hand-reg, liked it).

P.S. BuyCheapLumber does not sound better at all. ''lumber'' is more specific, here is almost an obligation to go two-words only...

•••
Maybe i'm wrong, but are houses still being built with that much wood? I would sell for $200-$500

Last edited:
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back