NameSilo

strategy Business address

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JerryScott

Impact
Need to set up a business address other than my home.

Thinking of getting a PO or ups box as a business address. Has anyone done this? Want to use this as a domain contact rather than my home address.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am wondering the sames, but for the moment i've used the free whois guard on my new reg from namecheap and I've used my home address on other registar.

•••
•••
Depending on where you are located (local/county policies), some financial institutions and gov. agencies do not accept PO Boxes on legal documents. They want a physical address. You may want to research that in your area. I ran into that problem several years ago while setting up one of my businesses and it tossed a speed-bump into the legal documentation process.

If you're serious about your business and want to expand later a PO.Box may not be the way to go. If it's just going to be used as a secondary mailing address, that should be fine.

I believe UPS stores offer a "Physical Address" option as an alternative to a PO Box. You can also rent physical addresses from some of the shared office space businesses.

•••
Agree with Eric.

You can get a virtual address from regus.com for $3-10/month

•••
Agree with Eric.

You can get a virtual address from regus.com for $3-10/month

Wow, last quote I've got from them in canada it was 65$ month for the virtual.

•••
Wow, last quote I've got from them in canada it was 65$ month for the virtual.

this is not virtual. Just address.

Virtual also gives you right to come 1-3 times to an office and use it. So that well could be $65 or higher.

•••
some post offices offer "street addressing" with their po boxes.

so you can receive mail at 111 main street #500, as well as po box 500.

there is a USPS form to fill out to make this work.

•••
this is not virtual. Just address.

Virtual also gives you right to come 1-3 times to an office and use it. So that well could be $65 or higher.
Oh they didn't seems to offer it. The lower plan they had was that. It was the "mailbox" plan.

•••
I use a PO Box
I'm referring to domain contact. Whois info. My business info, in general, has a real address. @Eric Lyon are you referring to whois info using PO Box can be a problem? If so I want to consider the virtual address idea. Is this better? I just dont want my real address on whois info

•••
I'm referring to domain contact. Whois info. My business info, in general, has a real address. @Eric Lyon are you referring to whois info using PO Box can be a problem? If so I want to consider the virtual address idea. Is this better? I just dont want my real address on whois info
According to icann:
3.7.7.1 The Registered Name Holder shall provide to Registrar accurate and reliable contact details and promptly correct and update them during the term of the Registered Name registration, including: the full name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and fax number if available of the Registered Name Holder; name of authorized person for contact purposes in the case of an Registered Name Holder that is an organization, association, or corporation; and the data elements listed in Subsections 3.3.1.2, 3.3.1.7 and 3.3.1.8.
Their wording is "Postal Address" not "Physical Address", however, different registries have different rules/requirements dictating who can own the extension and special requirements. Some special requirements outline having a verifiable physical address within a specified country. Those cases, would probably require a physical on the actual whois record.

The only real drawback to using a PO Box on domains where registries are fine with it, would be that you may need to check it periodically for snail mail / offers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back