IT.COM

Business address needed and legal notice for ad's?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TheMerchant617

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,

If I plan to make money on my websites through the use of ad's (whether that be Google AdSense or any other form) would I need to create a company and business address for this?

Secondly do I need to put up any legal notices to visitors around this? I am unsure if this would then warrant a terms and conditions area?

In future I would like to have a page of "Recommended Purchases" where I can post about suppliers or small business I recommend visitors buy from, and would work individually with them to arrange a plan for that. I think in this case I'd definitely need to do all of the above.

Can anyone help me with some clarity on this please before I get too ahead of myself?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No need for business name, etc.
Go personal.

•••
Hi guys,

If I plan to make money on my websites through the use of ad's (whether that be Google AdSense or any other form) would I need to create a company and business address for this?

You don't have to - you can operate in your own name as a sole proprietor. You can establish a different business entity if you want to.

Secondly do I need to put up any legal notices to visitors around this? I am unsure if this would then warrant a terms and conditions area?

Adsense requires you to have a privacy policy with some specific content in it. Read their program terms. Same for any company with which you form an affiliate relationship.

If you have terms and conditions for using your site, post a T&C. Look at other sites to see what type of things are included. Ideally, you should have a lawyer draft it or at least look it over.

In future I would like to have a page of "Recommended Purchases" where I can post about suppliers or small business I recommend visitors buy from, and would work individually with them to arrange a plan for that. I think in this case I'd definitely need to do all of the above.

if you are being compensated in any way for the products or services you recommend you should disclose that relationship to make the FTC happy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back