Domain Empire

discuss Bump your posts to the top ...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Should "bumping" your posts to the top be allowed?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

• No

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

NipNicDomains

Established Member
Impact
Hello there!

I just wanted to ask a general question about this forum, especially about the domain sales corner.

Is it okay write something in your own salesthread so it bumps up to the top again? Everytime i post something 1000 other people directly come on top of me because they are "bumping" their posts to the top. I dont know if that is okay for this forum but i personally find that annoying ...

I think if you made your post once you should not be allowed to bump it to the top again. What do you think about that?

Thanks! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Life is competitive. Big bumpers get noticed. :)

Does anyone use a keyword search on the sales forum?

•••
I think it should be allowed. Np limit the number of daily bumps you can make so this is already policed to a degree. I don't see any harm...

•••
It's my understanding the policy is that you can now bump your own post every 12 hours. Most of the experienced users will use the "start date" sort to only see the new posts.

•••
I don't see that this is an issue that is out of hand here on nP...

•••
got no problem with bumping sales posts

but....i think it's silly to bump a "non-sales" post.

like some in general discussion

in those sections, the Op should be required to post some content to stir further conversation, other than "bump"

imo...

•••
•••
•••
I do understand that you may want to bump up your post to get more visibility but there should be a strict rule, like you can only bump it once a day. If the policy that @WeSell-Domains mentioned is true than it is fine with me. So i will bump in future also, otherwise i do have no chance :)

•••
@Eric Lyon I am almost positive I read a post lately where the bump policy has been changed to 12 hours. Please verify.

•••
Yes it is 12 hours as of a month or 2 ago.

•••
Thank you all very much for the information! That helped a lot.

•••
Goes without saying.....

If you have a good post it will bump up by itself as members reply.

That said.... all posts must die over time and relevant ones will naturally stay on top.
I might bump one of my posts if I posted at a very busy time and have no response in a couple of days. If I felt my post might have been overlooked I would post relevant information as opposed to just bumping.

I've seen a few people bump topics for days and days and I've meant to say something but figured I would be polite and move on instead.

Auction?.... yes bump
Topics?.... if they are not of interest then they are meant to die, bumping them up day after day does not make them more interesting or relevant.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back