IT.COM

domain Buildweb.com, appraise please.

NameSilo
Watch

andypatros

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

I first registered/purchased buildweb.com in 1997. I've never developed it or submitted it to search engines, so usage for it is open. Hosting, website building, real estate are some uses I see.

What do you think the value is?

I had originally thought I would use it for a regional/local "homes/real estate portal" back then in 1997, but was busy with just making websites.

Thanks for your time and help. Any other questions about the domain are welcomed.

Andy Patros

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It could definitely make good money as its brandable.

What I would say is its beyond its peak... "web" is a word related to the the internet, but I think more people talk about "the net" rather than "the web" today (could be a regional thing, I apologise if it is), and less emphasis is on the old fashioned "www" subdomain with many newer websites having a non-www website. Webmasters used to redirect non-www to www but now more people are redirecting www to non-www.

There also is less companies in the limelight using "web" as a word referring to the internet - although freewebs is now webs.

There is also a lot of competition with the easy online website builders, something this domain would be perfect for - but this doesn't necessarily mean any lack of worth... just as many entrepreneurs gaining market share in saturated markets as there are trying to do something completely new at the risk of not knowing if its viable. I am thinking around $800-3000 range. Its brandable and you can definitely make it into a business; but as its not super brandable you wouldn't spend a significant chunk of your overall budget on the domain name.

•••
Start looking at end users,do some homework,attack them directly.It is the sort of name that is too good for Flippa,but not good enough for Sedo,in a premium auction,don't leave money on the table with it.People saying $xxx for it are not being realistic,at least 10k in my view,get to work on it yourself and see.

•••
Thanks for your input. When you say "end users", what exactly do you mean? Where would you suggest I begin to target and pinpoint?

•••
It could definitely make good money as its brandable.

What I would say is its beyond its peak... "web" is a word related to the the internet, but I think more people talk about "the net" rather than "the web" today (could be a regional thing, I apologise if it is), and less emphasis is on the old fashioned "www" subdomain with many newer websites having a non-www website. Webmasters used to redirect non-www to www but now more people are redirecting www to non-www.

There also is less companies in the limelight using "web" as a word referring to the internet - although freewebs is now webs.

There is also a lot of competition with the easy online website builders, something this domain would be perfect for - but this doesn't necessarily mean any lack of worth... just as many entrepreneurs gaining market share in saturated markets as there are trying to do something completely new at the risk of not knowing if its viable. I am thinking around $800-3000 range. Its brandable and you can definitely make it into a business; but as its not super brandable you wouldn't spend a significant chunk of your overall budget on the domain name.
>>>>
Thanks for your input.

•••
Large web companies,have alot of contacts,and web designers perhaps.There will be others,but that is why you have to work at it.Most of our sales come through hard work and research.Don't be an investor that sits on his ar$e and just waits for a sale.We had one domain that was getting looks and no other interest.I knew it was a good name,so we started chasing end users in that vertical,sold in about a month,for twice the price the "brokers" were saying.

•••
Look at Domain Sherpas and particularly Adam Dicker,HE pushes for sales,and gets results,watch a few video's there.

•••
Understood, thanks again!

•••
a great name, i really dont think a Flippa auction is the best for this name, or any auction for that matter. You need to have it listed on a strong brandable domain site.. I saw the pricetag on namerific and in truth whats to stop it selling for that amount if the right company approach them with a hefty budget? It is an epic brand name.. whats the reserve on flippa? Pm me ;)

•••
I agree with Nappy Bunch,a good name,not top notch,but not worth letting go of.You just might have to be patient to get the right buyer,but I feel an end user will come if you put it out there.Good luck.

•••
I agree with Nappy Bunch,a good name,not top notch,but not worth letting go of.You just might have to be patient to get the right buyer,but I feel an end user will come if you put it out there.Good luck.
When you say "not top notch" you mean it isnt webs.com or business.com? That is true.
But it will be a strong brand for someone who knows how money is made online.

Last edited:
•••
mid-high $xx reseller.

mid $xxx - low $x,xxx Enduser

•••
If it was webbuilder.com or even say buildasite,something like that where the grammar is better it would be worth a lot more even a few multiples more.TOMCARL if I could buy reasonable short .com's for mid-high $xx I'd be a billion dollar man now,and so would we all here I think.

•••
a great name, i really dont think a Flippa auction is the best for this name, or any auction for that matter. You need to have it listed on a strong brandable domain site.. I saw the pricetag on namerific and in truth whats to stop it selling for that amount if the right company approach them with a hefty budget? It is an epic brand name.. whats the reserve on flippa? Pm me ;)
>>>>>>>>>>

Since it's up for auction, I can't tell you the reserve for buildweb.com

The buy it now is $5,000.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back