IT.COM

domain Buildweb.com, appraise please.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

andypatros

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

I first registered/purchased buildweb.com in 1997. I've never developed it or submitted it to search engines, so usage for it is open. Hosting, website building, real estate are some uses I see.

What do you think the value is?

I had originally thought I would use it for a regional/local "homes/real estate portal" back then in 1997, but was busy with just making websites.

Thanks for your time and help. Any other questions about the domain are welcomed.

Andy Patros

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would say $500 resell, $1500 enduser... how about a nice website about spiders ;)

•••
You're looking at Mid XXXX to Low XX,XXX to a really motivated buyer.
It's a gem of a brandable - I would list it at BB or NR

Good luck! :)

Ruzeen

Last edited:
•••
•••
I agree with Ruzeen. Strong brandable for a service based business online. I wouldn't be shocked to see $xx, xxx to a motivated buyer.

•••
DIY web design sites are huge now.
I think BuildWeb is possibly the best unused name for this.
Its short, but still descriptive. Brandable AND a call to action.
The keywords get a few hundred searches, w/ high CPC.
BuildAWeb.com sold for $3,288. BuildYourWeb.com went for $3,488.

I value it @ high $x,xxx to mid $xx,xxx.
Check with MediaOptions.com about brokering this.
Avoid TobyClements.

Last edited:
•••
Build Web .com may be mid $ xxx

I also hate to break it to you about the search engine submission. The search engine spiders have already found and listed it a long time ago.

•••
•••
Great domain. Lots of possibilities. Hold on to it IMO
Good luck! :)

•••
I think in this case I will have to agree with banners and say something between xxx and low x.xxx

Yes it's a brandable but " BuildAWeb " and " BuildYourWeb " are better names, more contextualizing and better describing.
buildaweb is clearly related to creating websites or an online business, while buildyourweb gives you the idea of a easy WYSIWYG that users can buy or use for free to create their website.

IMO BuildWeb is missing something and when I saw it in the title of the post my first thought has been " yes..in the 90s " and that is exactly when it was registered. Something that was great years ago might not be that great nowadays.

If you consider who your potential buyers could be you will find yourself with two main categories : startups and big companies.

The first category normally doesn't have much money to spend so forget the xx.xxx while the second one perfectly knows that they will have to invest a fortune to compete with the giants that are already on the market for anything wysiwyg related and so on. That same big company will probably opt for spending money in a better name to make the branding process easier.

Either ways I think you won't get the money that some pros suggested up here.

•••
I think in this case I will have to agree with banners and say something between xxx and low x.xxx

Yes it's a brandable but " BuildAWeb " and " BuildYourWeb " are better names, more contextualizing and better describing.
buildaweb is clearly related to creating websites or an online business, while buildyourweb gives you the idea of a easy WYSIWYG that users can buy or use for free to create their website.

IMO BuildWeb is missing something and when I saw it in the title of the post my first thought has been " yes..in the 90s " and that is exactly when it was registered. Something that was great years ago might not be that great nowadays.

If you consider who your potential buyers could be you will find yourself with two main categories : startups and big companies.

The first category normally doesn't have much money to spend so forget the xx.xxx while the second one perfectly knows that they will have to invest a fortune to compete with the giants that are already on the market for anything wysiwyg related and so on. That same big company will probably opt for spending money in a better name to make the branding process easier.

Either ways I think you won't get the money that some pros suggested up here.

Some good points, but I still think mid x.xxx (many startups buy in mid x.xxx range) - Now at NR so we will son see a Price and if it sell

•••
Some good points, but I still think mid x.xxx (many startups buy in mid x.xxx range) - Now at NR so we will son see a Price and if it sell

I obviously wish him to sell it for the highest price!
That said NR is a crap : no professionalism, random at pricing and choosing domains, rip off logos. one of the slowest website in the internet etc etc.

BB...all a different story.

•••
I agree - Prefer BB for my own brandable :)

•••
Lol I actually designed your Namerific logo, so I hope you sell it :)

buildweb-400x200.png

•••
I almost feel like I'm on Punk'd.

1. I sold BuyAPhoneNumber*com for low $x,xxx. BuildWeb is in a much higher eschalon.
2. BuildYourWeb sounds a bit amateurish. Doesn't sound like a stable company, to me. In this case, 2 words is vastly better than 3.
3. BrandBucket had some of the slowest, most unresponsive service I have ever experienced. Ever. Namerific was quick and easy.

Maybe you guys are friends of BB's founder.

•••
" Build your web " is the kind of domain a startup would buy and the price range is adequate imo ( maybe a bit high ). This is the name a small company or a single trader would buy to begin their business NOT the one a big company would buy.

I have already stated that I wish the OP to sell the name for the highest price but that doesn't mean I have to agree with some appraisals I have seen above and I still have my opinion about it. It sounds aged and not like a good wine does; it sounds 90s in fact that is when it has been registered.

BuyAPhoneNumber is a good name for someone who wants to monetize a website and the " mobile phone / number " niche is very profitable. A website like that can be put together in 2 days by anyone. This is not the name for a company as well.

BuildWeb won't be paid the amounts some pros are saying because a company with money and that wants to brand anew product will invest money in a better name. BuildWeb is for a startup that wants his own small slice of the pie as they won't ever be able to compete with the giants in the related niche.

I have no friends at BB and I have no friends at NR but I have experienced both and there is no comparison between the service they offer and, most of all, between the " results " they provide. BB sold more than 1 million dollars in 2013 numbers that NR can only dream about. The goal of a marketplace is to sell domains and so far BB is the king.

•••
" Build your web " is the kind of domain a startup would buy and the price range is adequate imo ( maybe a bit high ). This is the name a small company or a single trader would buy to begin their business NOT the one a big company would buy.

I have already stated that I wish the OP to sell the name for the highest price but that doesn't mean I have to agree with some appraisals I have seen above and I still have my opinion about it. It sounds aged and not like a good wine does; it sounds 90s in fact that is when it has been registered.

BuyAPhoneNumber is a good name for someone who wants to monetize a website and the " mobile phone / number " niche is very profitable. A website like that can be put together in 2 days by anyone. This is not the name for a company as well.

BuildWeb won't be paid the amounts some pros are saying because a company with money and that wants to brand anew product will invest money in a better name. BuildWeb is for a startup that wants his own small slice of the pie as they won't ever be able to compete with the giants in the related niche.

I have no friends at BB and I have no friends at NR but I have experienced both and there is no comparison between the service they offer and, most of all, between the " results " they provide. BB sold more than 1 million dollars in 2013 numbers that NR can only dream about. The goal of a marketplace is to sell domains and so far BB is the king.

Yeah I definitely think it's more in the low $xxxx to mid $xxxx range.

I picked it up immediately when I came across it in the logo queue because I thought it had great potential to sell (which means I get paid), but then my enthusiasm sank a little when it went live and I saw the $28,899 price tag. Don't see it ever happening, and especially not through NR or BB.

•••
Yeah I definitely think it's more in the low $xxxx to mid $xxxx range.

I picked it up immediately when I came across it in the logo queue because I thought it had great potential to sell (which means I get paid), but then my enthusiasm sank a little when it went live and I saw the $28,899 price tag. Don't see it ever happening, and especially not through NR or BB.

Another proof of how RANDOM NR is at pricing domains...almost unbelievable

•••
Great domain name. Forget selling, turn this into a business of your own.

•••
Even if you are intent on selling it, you can set up a DIY web design site and earn while you wait. It doesnt even have to be DIY. You can offer pro designers / devs a venue for commission.
Great domain name. Forget selling, turn this into a business of your own.

•••
BuildAWeb.com sold for $3,288. BuildYourWeb.com went for $3,488.
Now hold on. Where do you see that these were sold? These are set prices by BuyDomains which own both domains.

Honestly, I wouldn't pay $4 for either name. Build your web? How many webs are there?

BuildWeb.com has legs and would certainly work as a brand.

•••
•••
Now hold on. Where do you see that these were sold? These are set prices by BuyDomains which own both domains.

Honestly, I wouldn't pay $4 for either name. Build your web? How many webs are there?

BuildWeb.com has legs and would certainly work as a brand.
My bad. I glossed over the fact that those names were only offered for sale, not sold.
Everything you said is true.

•••
Nothing to see here. Move along. D-:

Noooooo!!! I didn't want to create another post! Ofercrikeysakessssssssssssss

•••
Hi folks,

Thanks for all of your replies and comments, sorry for not getting back to this forum sooner.
I tried using NR for my buildweb.com domain, but found their service to not be very good. Lack of timely response.

I've since posted it to Flippa.com for auction.

Take a look or pass it along to those looking to buy, www.buildweb.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back