Dynadot

domain btcexchange.cc

NameSilo
Watch

DomainBoxio

domainbox.ioTop Member
Impact
Looking for some advice from some industry experts on this domain? Does this .cc have potential?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Too niche,
and then .cc ruins the remaining value.

So $0

•••
Too niche,
and then .cc ruins the remaining value.

So $0

Thanks for your honest input. I have heard .cc proposed as possible short-hand for "crypto-currency"

Any chance this could be the perfect marriage of niche and coincidence?

•••
Thanks for your honest input. I have heard .cc proposed as possible short-hand for "crypto-currency"
Yeah, so was .cx , .cz , .exchange .network etc.... Till date there is no settled trend.

Assuming that .cc starts trending for all crypto niche businesses, even then btcexchange is weak domain high xxx max..

Cryptoexchange, coinexchange, decentralizedexchange make more sense than BTCexchange.
Even BitcoinExchange.cc will be less weird. Acronym+Word is just too much.

Last edited:
•••
OK let me stress I am NOT an "industry expert", but would add the following. So far in 2018 the .cc extension has sold 123 times (on Namebio) with an average price of $844. I see some potential in extension, whether we view it as crypto currency or not.

Surprisingly in Namebio the BTCexchange exactly has not sold apparently? I think the issue is that an exchange for only BTC has perhaps become too restricted, and most looking for names are looking for crypto or some more general word. I see some possibility of a sale, but not high realistically.

The domain name BTC(.)exchange sold in November 2017 for the nice figure of $12,500, and BTCxchange (without the e) in com for a bit less than half as much.

The name BTCchange is available in cc for hand register, and some might substitute that as shorter and implying perhaps equally the exchange of different types of crypto currencies for BTC.

Good luck if you own it.

•••
I would not store my money on a .cc unless it became crypto currency standard.

•••
OK let me stress I am NOT an "industry expert", but would add the following. So far in 2018 the .cc extension has sold 123 times (on Namebio) with an average price of $844. I see some potential in extension, whether we view it as crypto currency or not.

Surprisingly in Namebio the BTCexchange exactly has not sold apparently? I think the issue is that an exchange for only BTC has perhaps become too restricted, and most looking for names are looking for crypto or some more general word. I see some possibility of a sale, but not high realistically.

The domain name BTC(.)exchange sold in November 2017 for the nice figure of $12,500, and BTCxchange (without the e) in com for a bit less than half as much.

The name BTCchange is available in cc for hand register, and some might substitute that as shorter and implying perhaps equally the exchange of different types of crypto currencies for BTC.

Good luck if you own it.

Thanks for dropping some research on me! I also echo your theory of btc exchange being a limiting factor. I would gladly remove the btc from the name, but the registry said that this particular TLD does not support this type of domain update.

•••
.CC has som crypto use...a few currencies use it because it can be seen as short for crypto currency.

•••
I would not store my money on a .cc unless it became crypto currency standard.
Why .cc would make any difference with .com for scamming related websites?
What makes .com more reliable than .cc?

•••
Why .cc would make any difference with .com for scamming related websites?
What makes .com more reliable than .cc?
Oh he did not meant storing money in securitywise. He meant investing money in buying a .cc domain.

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back