NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

hmk

Established Member
Impact
I have 4L .com Premium Domain
4L is a Keyword of Major EU/USA Corporations. (Value of each corporation is multi Billion USD)

I have received alot of offers for domain with Top Offer of $100,000 through Godaddy & Afternic and was told offer can be raised to $150,000(+broker commission) if i agree to sell.

I think Domain could be worth far more if Engaged directly with 3 Corporations who are directly linked to this Keyword.

I want to find Broker who is capable of Engaging and making direct Negotiations with buyers.
(Domain Name will be disclosed with right Broker only, so don't ask domain name in post reply)

Suggestions are Welcome
Brokers with mention of previous biggest deal and commission.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
MediaOptions has a good reputation for this type of thing.

•••
Get in touch with the below - if it's a high value domain.....

Media Options
Grit Brokerage
Brannans

Otherwise you will have every Tom, Dick and Harry contacting you saying they are a broker.......

•••
Get in touch with the below - if it's a high value domain.....

Media Options
Grit Brokerage
Brannans

Otherwise you will have every Tom, Dick and Harry contacting you saying they are a broker.......

Domain is premium keyword and has already received multiple offers of $50,000+ and with top offer of $100,000.

So i want to sell to right buyer who value and can pay good price.

So i will check and contact brokers you mentioned in suggestion.

Thanks

•••
Domain is premium keyword and has already received multiple offers of $50,000+ and with top offer of $100,000.

So i want to sell to right buyer who value and can pay good price.

So i will check and contact brokers you mentioned in suggestion.

Thanks

You can try Saw.com they maybe able to help you.

•••
Last edited:
•••
There are a couple statements you make that are a little unclear, so I'll ask the questions:

You ask for a broker who can 'engage and make direct negotiations with buyer'.

- Does this mean you only want your broker to negotiate with sellers who have already contacted you? If so, is this because you do not speak English as a first language, or because you simply don't feel confident in your own negotiation skills for high value $$ domains, or you are unsure about the true values you may be able to sell your domain for? I guess I'm asking for the clear reason why you are really needing a broker, if you already have many buyers knocking at your door to buy this domain.

- Or, does that statement mean that you want to find a broker who can negotiate with the buyers who have already contacted you, as well as doing outbound contact, to find other potential buyers as well? If this is your intention, I'm wondering why you would want a broker to do outbound for you, when it appears you already have the largest and most motivated buyers already knocking at your door.

- Note that, when doing outbound, any (good/ethical) broker has to be very careful about contacting any company who has a business use or even trademark for your term, or a similar term. For some of the best domain names, we brokers cannot even approach the 'best buyers' for that term, since those buyers usually have strong trademarks in place and strong business use, and to approach them with a domain for sale that includes their business name etc would set up the domain seller (you) for legal action (a UDRP or worse).

So one step would be for you to check WIPO's trademark search, to see if there are any trademarks around the world for your term.

All the above questions are relevant. For example, if you want your broker to do a lot of outbound and try scrounge up new buyers for your domain, you'll need a broker who has a large network to help them research and get the word out to many large industries related to your name... and capable of doing this without incurring the threat of IDRPs or other legal action against you.

But if you just need your broker to negotiate with buyers that are already in contact with you, because you do not trust your own negotiation skills (for whatever reason), then you only need a broker who is a canny negotiator of domains, you don't need a broker with a large network and who needs to outbound for you.

If it's just the more simple broker, to negotiate with your present potential buyers, their output can be considerably less work and they can work on a much smaller margin (I broker for 10% commish, I only broker for premium domains). If you need a broker who must do a lot of networking and research to cold-call new potential buyers, this can be a lot more work and involve paying more employees and more services. Brokers who have large domain brokerage companies often charge in the 20 - 35% commission range.

You can PM me to ask more pointed questions that you may perhaps feel uncomfortable asking in a public forum. You do not need to tell me the name of your domain, I will try steer you in the right direction for free. Choosing the right kind of broker depends entirely on what exactly you need the broker to do for you, and why you cannot do it for yourself. Maybe I can save you a broker and mention something that may allow you to do your negotiations by yourself :)

•••
With existing buyers i know their offers.

I checked for trademarks 100+ companies trademarks are similar to this domain.

About 3 companies officially use my domain name as keyword as part of their company.

So i want broker to engage with these companies to have good deal.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back