domain Brentwood.Shop Value of this?

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kofi Tatum

Established Member
Impact
Hoping to get an appraisal from some more seasoned experts out there.
Thanks for your time!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I cant see any value in this one. .Shop will be a tough sell, most companies arent aware of these new gtld's.

•••
I cant see any value in this one. .Shop will be a tough sell, most companies arent aware of these new gtld's.
hmmm. Ok. Thanks for the info. A bit disappointing to hear.

•••
In a way it's too specific, as Brentwood is a geographical area. In another it's too general, as it could be just any old shop in Brentwood.

I suppose if there is a retail store named Brentwood it could be of some value to them.

•••
I recently dropped port-perry dot com due to the hyphen , a low population and exhausting the local business leads. Just drop it if you don't have traffic. there are better investments for your efforts. $xx-$xxx with slim chance of a sale.

•••
hmmm. Ok. Thanks for the info. A bit disappointing to hear.

Try and focus on strong extensions with a proven track record

I have spoken to a lot of end-users I have to sold to in the past and asked them about the new gtld's and most of them have no idea what I am talking about so they certainly wont be spending $$ on them. Most of the hype is domainer hype.

These are the only sales I can find.

perfume.shop 1,450 USD 2017-06-09 Sedo
idee.shop 2,000 USD 2017-05-10 Sedo
lucy.shop 130 USD 2017-03-04 Sedo
blade.shop 10,000 USD 2017-01-29 Private
galerieslafayette.shop 300 USD 2017-01-27 Sedo
420.shop 3,000 USD 2017-01-23 NamesCon
computer.shop 2,222 USD 2017-01-23 NamesCon
lollypop.shop 104 USD 2017-01-04 Sedo
textildruck.shop 835 USD 2016-12-22 Sedo
running.shop 2,607 USD 2016-12-16 Sedo
pita.shop 200 USD 2016-11-27 Private
stahl.shop 2,150 USD 2016-11-15 Sedo
jetski.shop 4,446 USD 2016-11-03 Sedo
break.shop 1,000 USD 2016-09-30 DN.Properties

•••
Try and focus on strong extensions with a proven track record

I have spoken to a lot of end-users I have to sold to in the past and asked them about the new gtld's and most of them have no idea what I am talking about so they certainly wont be spending $$ on them. Most of the hype is domainer hype.

These are the only sales I can find.

perfume.shop 1,450 USD 2017-06-09 Sedo
idee.shop 2,000 USD 2017-05-10 Sedo
lucy.shop 130 USD 2017-03-04 Sedo
blade.shop 10,000 USD 2017-01-29 Private
galerieslafayette.shop 300 USD 2017-01-27 Sedo
420.shop 3,000 USD 2017-01-23 NamesCon
computer.shop 2,222 USD 2017-01-23 NamesCon
lollypop.shop 104 USD 2017-01-04 Sedo
textildruck.shop 835 USD 2016-12-22 Sedo
running.shop 2,607 USD 2016-12-16 Sedo
pita.shop 200 USD 2016-11-27 Private
stahl.shop 2,150 USD 2016-11-15 Sedo
jetski.shop 4,446 USD 2016-11-03 Sedo
break.shop 1,000 USD 2016-09-30 DN.Properties
If these .shops are selling at times, for xxxx, I am a developer also. I have built 1 website acai.shop
What sort of value would you put on the website, if the domains are priced as such? xxx-xxxx doesn't look bad as a domain. So, shouldn't the website, with an app accompanying it, be worth more?

•••
These are the only sales though, of all the thousands of keywords you could buy/sell and this is all thats happening, its a sign to probably stay away. Less than 10 sales in the low x,xxx range is not good.

You cant just put a value on a site, especially a new site, just because other .shop names sold for low x,xxx. These were just some rare sales because somebody probably couldn't get the .com or cctld they wanted so they settled for a .shop, it has no impact on what other .shop domain or websites are worth

There are a lot of factors that come into play with a sites value

Does it make money?
Does it get any traffic?
etc
etc

•••
These are the only sales though, of all the thousands of keywords you could buy/sell and this is all thats happening, its a sign to probably stay away. Less than 10 sales in the low x,xxx range is not good.

You cant just put a value on a site, especially a new site, just because other .shop names sold for low x,xxx. These were just some rare sales because somebody probably couldn't get the .com or cctld they wanted so they settled for a .shop, it has no impact on what other .shop domain or websites are worth

There are a lot of factors that come into play with a sites value

Does it make money?
Does it get any traffic?
etc
etc
Yes. My mentor told me to basically stay away from GTLDs. But I decided I should diversify a little. Also, I got a couple on the cheap. So if I can turn them for profit, all the better. I will do my best to stick with .com right now. Thanks for the tips!

•••
Less than 10 sales in the low x,xxx range is not good.

The .shop extension is only 8 months old, a mere infant of a new gTLD, which is why there hasn't been a whole lot of reported resales as of yet. It is one of most successful new gTLD's by both new registrations (224k) and signed zones (2.8k) which is an indication of actual website development and usage, and shows rapid acceptance of this new string. Renewal prices are not outrageous and they haven't slashed new purchase prices to boost registrations like many other new strings. The word "shop" is translatable to many different languages making it attractive to many end users in many countries. Brentwood.shop is a good name that might be attractive to any number of endusers with shops in any town named Brentwood or as a directory of stores and shops for Brentwood. Dot shop is going to be a very successful new gTLD, within the next 2 years, the writing is on the wall!

•••
The .shop extension is only 8 months old, a mere infant of a new gTLD, which is why there hasn't been a whole lot of reported resales as of yet. It is one of most successful new gTLD's by both new registrations (224k) and signed zones (2.8k) which is an indication of actual website development and usage, and shows rapid acceptance of this new string. Renewal prices are not outrageous and they haven't slashed new purchase prices to boost registrations like many other new strings. The word "shop" is translatable to many different languages making it attractive to many end users in many countries. Brentwood.shop is a good name that might be attractive to any number of endusers with shops in any town named Brentwood or as a directory of stores and shops for Brentwood. Dot shop is going to be a very successful new gTLD, within the next 2 years, the writing is on the wall!

Yes that's true, but there are usually a lot more decent sales than that if the extension has potential.

•••
My sentiments are very similar. I feel that it is useful to diversify holdings. Why should everyone seek .com when there are other options out there? Like everyone wants diamonds, when gold and platinum, rubies and sapphires may become as valuable, or more so. I mean, it's good to diversify one's holdings, so as to not be stuck with something that comes up bust down the road. of course. the .com bust might be far away...

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back