Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starsaber

Established Member
Impact
Hey,

Whats everyones thoughts on this for name quality? Id use it for data analytics/branding/advertising company.

Does it have any value?

Thanks

Dave

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't get it? Brand Squares? Is that some kind of slang? The only time I've heard something refereed to as 'square', it was meant in a negative way...meaning stale, unexciting, not keeping up, etc. Not really sure I would want to do business with an advertising agency that thought of itself as being 'square'.

•••
Brutal. But if true then thanks for the feedback.

No slang - square in my research has suggested dorky/geeky at worst.

squarespace?

•••
I guess squarespace can be an exception, it does have a nice ring to it. But checking the dictionary, it defines square as: 'conventional or conservative in taste; being unsophisticated'...not exactly what I would want to equate an advertising firm with.

•••
BrandSquare would have worked well as the name of a branding company. A square simply indicates “a plane figure with four equal straight sides and four right angles”, and many companies use this in their brand name.

Some past sales from namebio:
HomeSquare.com $81,000
BlueSquare.com $5,756
MedicalSquare.com $3,488

However, "squares" doesn’t really make sense in this context, and I don’t really see what the plural can be used for. I don't see much value in this name.

•••
Looks like the singular version of this name is already being used by a marketing agency.

•••
A square simply indicates “a plane figure with four equal straight sides and four right angles”, and many companies use this in their brand name.

That's one definition of square, but I don't think it would really make sense in this case. Another definition of square, which seems more appropriate, but unfortunately negative is: 'conventional or conservative in taste; being unsophisticated'.

•••
Ok all thanks everyone.. Looks like I'll ditch it :D

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back