Labeled as domain in Domain Appraisal, started by Starsaber, Aug 29, 2016

Replies:
Views:

Page Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starsaber

Starsaber Established Member

Hey,

Whats everyones thoughts on this for name quality? Id use it for data analytics/branding/advertising company.

Does it have any value?

Thanks

Dave

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. todaygold

todaygold Top Contributor VIP

I don't get it? Brand Squares? Is that some kind of slang? The only time I've heard something refereed to as 'square', it was meant in a negative way...meaning stale, unexciting, not keeping up, etc. Not really sure I would want to do business with an advertising agency that thought of itself as being 'square'.

3. Starsaber

Brutal. But if true then thanks for the feedback.

No slang - square in my research has suggested dorky/geeky at worst.

squarespace?

4. todaygold

I guess squarespace can be an exception, it does have a nice ring to it. But checking the dictionary, it defines square as: 'conventional or conservative in taste; being unsophisticated'...not exactly what I would want to equate an advertising firm with.

5. Arca

Arca Top Contributor VIP

BrandSquare would have worked well as the name of a branding company. A square simply indicates “a plane figure with four equal straight sides and four right angles”, and many companies use this in their brand name.

Some past sales from namebio:
    HomeSquare.com $81,000
    BlueSquare.com $5,756
    MedicalSquare.com $3,488

However, "squares" doesn’t really make sense in this context, and I don’t really see what the plural can be used for. I don't see much value in this name.

6. Arca

Arca Top Contributor VIP

Looks like the singular version of this name is already being used by a marketing agency.

7. todaygold

That's one definition of square, but I don't think it would really make sense in this case. Another definition of square, which seems more appropriate, but unfortunately negative is: 'conventional or conservative in taste; being unsophisticated'.

8. Starsaber

Ok all thanks everyone.. Looks like I'll ditch it :D

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Page Status:
Not open for further replies.
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice