IT.COM

question Branding domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Diogobc

Impact
Hello everyone,
A few time ago I created a fitness brand with the name Venge, since the domain was already taken, I bought the domain vengebrand.com, according to your knowledge, do you think there is any chance to make it famous, since the name as nothing about health and fitness?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello everyone,
A few time ago I created a fitness brand with the name Venge, since the domain was already taken, I bought the domain vengebrand.com, according to your knowledge, do you think there is any chance to make it famous, since the name as nothing about health and fitness?

This is a common misconception I see when it comes to branding & digital identities in general. Though, it will be harder as it does not carry any keywords that are associated with fitness - you are still absolutely able to make it famous.

For a fitness brand, or any brand not targeting a 'digital' or 'online' world - domains are definitely not something that should be at the top of your priority. Venge is easy to pronounce & has the sort of 'revenge' / 'avenge' connotations associated with it which could be either seen as A) Negative as 'revenge' is usually considered as negative B) Positives. Shows power, and confidence - great for brand morals.

•••
Thank you so much for your answer! I also thought the same, I guess I really need to study more seo to put that domain in the top of search visits!

•••
Greetings,

Great name for a fitness brand! Lots of options with connotations for a tagline/slogan.

The best solution: name = domain, since domain is also a part of branding. Since "brand" doesn't work greatly here as an addition (compare Nike vs. Nikebrand, for example), please try to enquire about venge[.]com or venge[.]me. Undeveloped so far.

Feel free to DM any time, if you need help with more ideas.

Best of luck with your biz!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back