IT.COM

BrandBucket Pre-Listing Qualification Question/Feedback

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

hostkobo

Established Member
Impact
Hello sir,
Just curious, how do you / I know that a name would be accepted by BB even while its available for handreg?

regards
HK

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi @nitg16,

It sounds like you opened your BB account before Jan 2017 and are on the old program. If you send an email to [email protected] they will put you on the Growth Program at no charge.

In fact you will get $10 in credits for future domain submission/appraisals.

Under the Growth Program you can submit any domain, even ones you don't own, by paying a $1 appraisal fee. Any domains that are accepted can be published for a $9 publishing fee. However, at the present time, the publishing fee is being waived for those on the Growth Program.

I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!
I created a new account 6 days back and I have already received 10 credits.

At what stage BB prompts for listing fees payment? Before "Pending Editorial" or after that?

•••
What is the average review time for BB submissions?

Submitted one on the 16th , reviewed by the next day.
Still no reply for the ones submitted on the 18th,presumably because of weekend?

•••
>> Just a note but I also was getting notified that there was a $10 publishing charge but when I published any names, it does not ask for payment. Seems like they are waiving publishing fees like Keith stated but it may not be clear on first appearances.

@Jonathan MacDermid -

I get the same results you mentioned. The RED "$10 Listing Fee" text that is being displayed is a bit confusing. It displays, but BB has the system programmed to waive the fee and they do not subtract the 10 Credits from your Credits count.

•••
@Keith DeBoer @BrandCougar

It looks like the backend works but web frontend hasn't been updated to reflect the waiver.

Assuming that the waiver will end one day, I want to know at what stage credits are decucted.

When we publish names using checkboxes or when we edit description and do DNS verification on the next page?

•••
•••
Here is the original announcement sent to all BB sellers via email in Jan 2017:

Introducing the BrandBucket Seller Growth Program
In our continuing efforts to improve seller experience, we are thrilled to announce the new BrandBucket Seller Growth Program. This opt-in program is aimed at reducing costs for sellers by eliminating the need to register domains prior to submitting them to our marketplace. As a seller, you can obtain an "appraisal" on submissions which will help you decide whether to purchase a domain. By not having to pay registration fees on names that are not accepted, your overall costs will decrease.

Here are the key features:

• Submit unregistered names. You register only the names that are accepted.
  • $1 appraisal fee per submitted domain.
  • $9 listing fee per accepted domains.
  • $50 in initial credits if you sign up by January 12th.
To see exactly how much the Growth Program can save you, check out this cost calculator that will show the cost savings based on your current investing strategy on BrandBucket.

ROdhZ27ktqflSzxI0PuoUwhIwG7SYA_Xqnzy35ByztRlXCqXYJ3uypCy3fp4FSgLgbzn7YuwadiOdpr1977XM4WU-4zQTCQSjHJ0y8VIF4Lx8BuV4OXd=s0-d-e1-ft

To get started with the Growth Program, email [email protected] and we will be happy to change your account and add 50 free credits* if you sign up by January 12th. Once you have made the switch, we would love hear your feedback to see how the program is working for you.
*Note: At present, you get 10 free credits, instead of 50, when you sign up

For more information, download this Growth Program document that discusses the program in more detail. As always, if you have any additional questions, feel free to email: [email protected].

•••
3 days back I submitted an unregistered name.

Few minutes back I received approval mail with listing price of ~$2395.

I tried to register it only to find that it has been taken (on aliyun).

:(

I really liked the name, very memorable.

•••
I can't help being paranoid here. I am new to BB with somewhat decent approval rate.

•••
B
@nitg16 -

Shoot me a PM with the domain name in question and I'll take a look at the Whois.

Also include in your PM which registrar you perform your availability checks through? Some (most) of these registrars track search patterns and checking a name multiple times while waiting during the BB review cycle is not advisable..

Also curious, how many unreg names did you submit to BB over the past 30 days and how many were Accepted? And of those Accepted, how many of those names did you successfully register?

The reason I ask - operating your business in paranoia is not healthy and may cause you to 2nd guess yourself (which will lead to anxiety and making mistakes). If this is 1 in 60 accepted names that was regd during the review window, then your results are consistent with ours and that is likely coincidental. The 59 successful registrations we viewed as a positive outcome and track record. If, however, it was the opposite and a large portion of your names were regd during the review window (prior to receiving your BB Approval notifications), then it's definitely worth performing some detailed research to identify patterns and then draw a conclusion. And I recommend that if you (we) do find a pattern, we share it with Keith. I am sure he would welcome such insight.

As a programmer, I think "structurally" and am process driven. So the best way to address your concern is to analyze the data as a whole, not focus solely on a one off, and then determine if there is an overarching process flaw (or not). And if there is a flaw, address it with someone who can (and will) take action on the matter.

Glad to help in the background with some research.

I won't reveal the domain name.

But it was registered by someone else on the same day I submitted the domain to BB. Seems like new owner is a Chinese user according to whois.

The address mentioned in whois is fake and includes gibberish like this: agjkhdgajsgdajsgdahsjdgasjhkdgjas

I now think it is just a coincidence and I apologise to BB for doubting them.

•••
@nitg16 - thanks for posting the insight on the domain in question.

Last edited:
•••
As Brand Cougar has said, domaining is a highly competitive industry. There are several thousand domainers (at least) all looking for quality names to reg or catch in the expiring/drops etc. This results in thousands of domains being registered everyday. Anyone with a list of unregistered names will find that many of them get registered over the coming days, weeks and months. You can try it as an experiment.

However, if anyone notices some pattern or suspicious activity in regards to BrandBucket, please tell them (or me) right away. They are very keen to make sure there is no leaking or hacking of their system. Trust is a key component to their business model and they take it seriously.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I will keep an eye if this domain ever pops up on BB or other marketplaces like BrandPa.

•••
>> I will keep an eye if this domain ever pops up on BB or other marketplaces like BrandPa.

Seriously?

Chasing a name that has long since been registered seems like a waste of energy.

Based on your anxiety on the topic, respectfully, I strongly recommend you only submit registered names to BB.

This will eliminate your stress and allow you to focus your energy on finding solid names that you 100% know that - if approved - you will have them secured in your registrar account already.

I hope the suggestion is helpful.

Cheers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back