BrandBucket Pre-Listing Qualification Question/Feedback

Discussion in 'Domain Marketplace Reviews' started by hostkobo, .

Replies:
Views:

1. hostkobo

hostkobo Established Member

Hello sir,
    Just curious, how do you / I know that a name would be accepted by BB even while its available for handreg?

regards
    HK

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Keith DeBoer

Keith DeBoer BrandBucket Brand Ambassador PRO VIP

@hostkobo Good question!

BB allows its sellers to submit domain names for review and acceptance ($1 fee) whether the BB seller owns the domain or not.

Sometimes I submit a name for review and it is accepted but I choose not to buy it. In those cases I offer others in this thread the option to buy it and resubmit it to BB ($1 fee) where it is auto-accepted and then published.

BB normally charges a $9 publishing fee but for the past several months they have waived the publishing fee and so it's free to publish once a name is accepted. This can change at anytime. So get your domains in now :)

bandicam 2018-05-13 11-19-25-654.jpg

3. 4better

4better Established Domainer VIP

@Keith DeBoer I thought the BB listing fee is waived but I have 6 accepted names and I am being made to pay $10 each ($60 total) as payment for listing. Promo gone?

4. Keith DeBoer

You must have an old account. As Cougar has said, send an email to BB and ask to be placed on the Growth Program

Cheers!

5. Primary Names

Primary Names ****** xXx ****** Gold Account VIP

How old ?

6. Furquah

Furquah The Captain VIP

My account was one year old when I sent them email to upgrade me in growth plan, I got accepted hour after.

7. Primary Names

Primary Names ****** xXx ****** Gold Account VIP

Thank you @Furquah. You are a star :)
    Is it possible to pm me a link to your BB portfolio. Just curious !

8. Keith DeBoer

The GrowthProgram went into effect Jan 5th, 2017. Any accounts created before that date will be on the old program.

This discussion (my fault) is a bit off topic. So if you need any more info send me a direct message or visit the BrandBucket Experience thread.

I made a big post there explaining the whole thing with cost/savings calculator, downloads etc.

Last edited:
  9. nitg16

nitg16 Established Member

If we submit unregistered names, what if people who appraise domains at BB register these names for themselves if they think the names are good. Is there a some kind of company policy that prohibits it?

Last edited:
  10. polymorph

polymorph Established Member

@nitg16
    IMO If you are afraid it is so good that someone might reg it, it is probably worth regging it ASAP.
    By the way I have 8 names submitted and accepted in BB before handregging and had no problems with them.

11. Keith DeBoer

Yes, absolutely 100% prohibited

12. nitg16

@Keith DeBoer

I recently submitted names to BB for first time and two names were approved. I saw a publishing fee of $0 in front of them. However after proceeding to the next page, it is still showing me $10 fees. Currently these names are in "Pending editorial" status.

In seller rules, I can see this note:

“At this time, the $9 listing fee is being waived for all published names. This is a special promotion and subject to change at any time.”

So, there is a fee or not? If yes, I will have to pay listing fees after names move beyond pending editorial status or these names have been exempted already?

I am dealing with BB for first time and I don't have much idea about the listing process.

Last edited:
  13. Keith DeBoer

Hi @nitg16,

It sounds like you opened your BB account before Jan 2017 and are on the old program. If you send an email to [email protected] they will put you on the Growth Program at no charge.

In fact you will get $10 in credits for future domain submission/appraisals.

Under the Growth Program you can submit any domain, even ones you don't own, by paying a $1 appraisal fee. Any domains that are accepted can be published for a $9 publishing fee. However, at the present time, the publishing fee is being waived for those on the Growth Program.

I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

14. nitg16

I created a new account 6 days back and I have already received 10 credits.

At what stage BB prompts for listing fees payment? Before "Pending Editorial" or after that?

15. Axc

Axc VirtuaReality.com VIP

What is the average review time for BB submissions?

Submitted one on the 16th , reviewed by the next day.
    Still no reply for the ones submitted on the 18th,presumably because of weekend?

16. Jonathan MacDermid

Jonathan MacDermid Socially Corporate Gold Account

Just a note but I also was getting notified that there was a $10 publishing charge but when I published any names, it does not ask for payment. Seems like they are waiving publishing fees like Keith stated but it may not be clear on first appearances.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!