Dynadot
NameSilo
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think BB should implement some sort of progress indicator like BrandPa.

BP currently shows average number of days to review a domain and also shows at what stage domain appraisal currently stands at.

It won't improve the speed of acceptance but at least users will know their domains are being looked upon.

•••
Like i said i started with BB in Nov of 2017. Let's see how many i sell with them by end of this year. If it does not cover my renewals, i guess then i have to figure something else.

I have over 1500 domains still trying to come up with game plan and still trying to organize them. It is hard to manage it all with full time job and family.

I will update you guys. :xf.smile:

If it has been already 8 months and you have grown gradually averaging 400 names, for example, it is already long enough with the portfolio of this size to draw conclusions. You are averaging around 1% sell through which is awful number for a brandable marketplace.

For example, with 2 other marketplaces with 1/4 of your portfolio size (around 150 names between them) in last 6 months I have sold 3 times more than you. BB has sold 1 name in the period with the average of around 120 names in the period, which is much worse than the others but still better than what you've got.

I've been a BB seller for over 2.5 years now. My current portfolio is about 240 name down from a maximum of about 280.

Total names sold: 3. Average sale through ratio: 0.6%

Last sale: Aug 2nd 2017

Go figure...

Last edited:
•••
All these statistics make my case look better.

I've been a BB seller for around 5 years now. My total portfolio over this period is 16 names and I've sold 2 names in total.

Last sale: 25 October 2016

Sell-through ratio - 2.5% per annum

•••
I think a person is fortunate to get one sale a year on a site with that many names no matter what size the portfolio. The market is over saturated and the pool of people buying at any given time is obviously not very high.

That being said, there seems to be a select few making all the multiple sales even with some nothing special names. Not sure if it’s persistence, luck, number of names, type of names or a combo of factors. We can only speculate since no data is provided.

The main reason to use a brandable site should be exposure and the ability to sell a name faster and at a better price hopefully than you could alone.

Since it’s such a crapshoot it’s best to keep your names to a figure you can handle come renewal and to only list names you believe will be desirable no matter where they are listed. People focus too much on volume and not enough on quality. Having a ton of mediocre names does not guarantee a sale.

•••
Looks like BB knocked out a bunch of reviews last night. Got a bunch of rejections from names submitted 6/26 through 7/6. No acceptances, but some from those dates are still pending review, which I assume means they are going through some second-level review and may be accepted.

•••
Looks like BB knocked out a bunch of reviews last night. Got a bunch of rejections from names submitted 6/26 through 7/6. No acceptances, but some from those dates are still pending review, which I assume means they are going through some second-level review and may be accepted.
Same here, all 8 submissions rejected this morning. Maybe they just decided to "empty the queue".

•••
They are knocking down wholesale.

•••
•••
Submitted 2 domains. Just got approved one as well second one is pending.

•••
I just started with BB over the last couple of months but it does seem like to me that this last round of reviews (which were done after a 10 day or so waiting period) was tougher than other ones over the last 2 months. Of course, I have a small sample size and over a very limited period, but they rejected some of mine that I thought for sure based on my limited past experience that they would accept. Maybe they are trying to slow down the addition new names and just focusing on quality, which isn't a bad thing.

•••
•••
Same here submitted over 15 and 0 accepted :/

•••
I got one rejected today as well.

•••
Blessing in disguise )

My portfolio is reaching around 175 with them and won't be adding anymore. Their performance is around 1/4 of the other brandable marketplaces so far and even Afternic is outperforming them. Given that BB had the first dip on the names, as I started first with them and I have been picky on the names I acquired from others already published, this is really really bad.

Afternic sell through for 2018 is around 1.5% annualized and that is with the rejects of other brandable markets )) And 1.5% of Afternic is equivalent of 2.5-3% of BB, given the difference in commission and no listing fees.

•••
@Recons.Com

- Interesting post about your BrandBucket experience compared to your Afternic experience.

Curious - were your sales on Afternic at similar price points to your BrandBucket sales?

Another way of phrasing the question - what was your average sale $amount for Afternic and average sale $amount for BrandBucket?

Sort of a top line perspective via an average $amount per platform. Also would be interesting the # of units per platform sold.

Thanks - appreciate any insight you might be willing to share.

The reason I ask the question - having a benchmark comparison when discussing a platform's experience provides context to the experience one had and helps add depth to the view provided. (very insightful - thanks)

I'm a data guy and like studying the underlying info and what drove the opinion. (if that makes sense)

I value your post and appreciate your perspective.

Last edited:
•••
@Recons.Com

- Interesting post about your BrandBucket experience compared to your Afternic experience.

Curious - were your sales on Afternic at similar price points to your BrandBucket sales?

Another way of phrasing the question - what was your average sale $amount for Afternic and average sale $amount for BrandBucket?

Sort of a top line perspective via an average $amount per platform. Also would be interesting the # of units per platform sold.

Thanks - appreciate any insight you might be willing to share.

The reason I ask the question - having a benchmark comparison when discussing a platform's experience provides context to the experience one had and helps add depth to the view provided. (very insightful - thanks)

I'm a data guy and like studying the underlying info and what drove the opinion. (if that makes sense)

I value your post and appreciate your perspective.

You are right price point is important. For example, sold 2 domains on Afternic in past month and both were priced at $1899 netting me $1519. That would be equivalent of around $2300 price on BB. Both names were rejected by BB (mart/smart and hair/gy), hence the blessing in disguise.

They also sold couple of names for average of $5K (one brandable one 4L) and one for $22.5K (4L) in 2018. Total of 5 sales for average size of portfolio for the year of around 500-600.

•••
http://createsend.com/t/j-A32B73A37FDFA1002540EF23F30FEDED

BrandBucket Seller's Newsletter:

Hi ,

I hope the summertime has brought you lots of relaxation so far. Please check out all the news below to stay up-to-date with everything going on at BrandBucket.

For those who may not know me, my name is Andreia Soares, I was recently hired as the Manager of Marketplace Operations. I will be working out of the California office, and will be the primary point of contact for sellers on the platform. My job is to keep everything running smoothly (from submissions to publishing), creating educational materials, answering questions, and addressing concerns. I have a strong background in community engagement and look forward to bringing that to the seller community here at BrandBucket. Please feel free to reach out to me at anytime with concerns, questions or ideas. I am also fluent in Portuguese for any Portuguese speaking sellers out there!

We have recently hired Roxana who will be working on the support team. We have also hired a handful of new writers to help us keep our editorial timeline on track. As with any hires, it is always a little slower at first while everyone adjusts but these phenomenal writers will be making sure every description is done well and in a timely fashion. For questions or concerns about writers, please come to me directly.

A New Approach to Pricing:

BrandBucket was created in 2007 as a response to several bad buyer experiences that the founders had when purchasing domains from existing domain aftermarkets and directly from sellers. Since its inception, the core mission of BrandBucket has been to improve the buyer experience with: transparent and consistent pricing, a current and curated inventory, elimination of hidden escrow fees (which account for post-agreement drop-off), and a beautiful, simplified browsing and searching interface. We are always striving to be a trusted resource for startups and business owners. Our buyers validate our mission with the highest compliments available — repeat business and word of mouth referrals.

A key part of BrandBucket’s messaging is that our pricing is transparent, and that we save customers time and money by eliminating haggling - a disruptive idea that buyers have always loved. As more of our customers (who are entrepreneurs with excess domain inventory) became sellers on the platform, we realized that our messaging was inconsistent in that we, like most other domain aftermarkets, asked sellers for a “floor” price or maximum approved discount.

Starting this month we are adjusting our pricing system with a few small but important changes. They will allow you to adjust your prices more easily and often, and will allow our sales team to present each buyer with a “rock bottom” price for all names:

Pricing Manager: You will now see a streamlined interface for adjusting the prices of your domains, 250 domains at a time. With a single click you can set all domains to be at BrandBucket’s suggested price, 10% higher, or 20% higher. We have removed the ability to drop the price below our suggested price as we have no historical evidence that a cheaper price helps a domain on the marketplace sell more quickly. On the contrary, we’ve heard from buyers that when they see similar quality names side-by-side, it makes a name look less enticing if it is significantly lower than the others.

No More “Pre-Approved Discounts”: The price that you set should be the amount that you are OK receiving, also called the “floor” on other marketplaces. BrandBucket has historically sold over 93% of domains at full price and has built buyer loyalty on the fact that we do not inflate pricing with the expectation to negotiate down from the listed price. We've also seen a negative impact of offering more discounts to buyers, both in unreasonable expectations and lack of purchases once discounts are provided.

Price Locks: The average time from first visit to purchase for our buyers is about 25 days. If prices fluctuate too often, buyers are left frustrated and untrusting. This is why any changes made will be final for a minimum of 30 days.

Pricing Reminders: We would like to remind you every so often to review and adjust your prices, so that we can represent your current strategy. Starting next week we will send you an email with domains that have not had prices “saved” in over 90 days. We may adjust this timing based on your feedback, but you will also be able to tell us to keep all pricing as-is with one click (and you will not receive another email for 90 days).

Please keep an eye out for an email to make your first price changes!

Sign In to Check It Out!

Join us on Slack!

Would you like to discuss submissions, bartering & completed sales with your fellow sellers? Or send your feedback or questions directly BrandBucket team? You can…on Slack! For those sellers in good standing, our BrandBucket Slack is a great place to talk to other sellers and staff at BrandBucket. We offer the following channels for sellers to engage in: announcements, barter, completed sales, feedback, general discussion, introductions, submission discussions. This is a great place for sellers to communicate with other sellers in an open, friendly environment. To join, please check your seller dashboard for the link. If you have any issues with joining, please email me.

Learn More About Slack!

Thank you,
Andreia Soares

Manager of Marketplace Operations @ BrandBucket

•••
Yeah too bad no sales data in the newsletter.

•••
Yeah too bad no sales data in the newsletter.

They were happy to share the data when they were proud of it. I think last was when they had around 20K names and were selling almost 1000 per year. Since then they have increased the inventory by 2.5 times but sales have barely gone up resulting in around 2% sell-through. When you also factor in preferential treatment for insiders, non-insider's sell through is closer to 1%.

I am in position to compare, because I have accounts with BB, BR and BP and BB had first dip with my names (I started with them), yet BR and BP consistently and considerably outperform BB.

•••
Hello, BB users.

Anyone else seeing massive delays in appraisals and editorials?

Currently my names are taking around 2 weeks to get appraised and around 3 weeks to go live. Overall it takes more than a month.

Anyone knows what is going on or heard anything from BB regarding these delays?

Just for comparison, my domains on BP are appraised in 5-6 days and go live in 9-10 days. Overall a name is published in around 2 weeks.

•••
Anyone knows what is going on or heard anything from BB regarding these delays?
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that sales are down and they are not as motivated as they have been in the past.

We're seeing more junk domains and slower response, so that might be it. I mean if they were really killing it with sales, you would think they would work faster and harder to get more domains up and running.

Last edited:
•••
BB has published 243 domains in the past 7 days
I think they are just overwhelmed with submissions and processing accepted domains.

Some of the other brandable marketplaces have stopped accepting new sellers and from time to time
they also put a stop on new submissions for several days or even a few weeks.
It seems the industry is booming and the brandable platforms just can't keep up.

Last week BB hired some new writers so publication should go quicker now as they catch up on their backlog. Hopefully the reviewing of submitted domains will also get back to normal. It used to take only 2-3 days.

•••
The slowdown has been for the last few months. The other places let us know if there is a slow down and when it can be expected to be caught up.They even show how many days each step currently takes. I just stopped submitting until it is resolved.

•••
BB has published 243 domains in the past 7 days
I think they are just overwhelmed with submissions and processing accepted domains.

Some of the other brandable marketplaces have stopped accepting new sellers and from time to time
they also put a stop on new submissions for several days or even a few weeks.
It seems the industry is booming and the brandable platforms just can't keep up.

Last week BB hired some new writers so publication should go quicker now as they catch up on their backlog. Hopefully the reviewing of submitted domains will also get back to normal. It used to take only 2-3 days.

Thanks for the info. I wish they setup some sort of weekly/monthly newsletter or blog post specifically tailored for publishers making them aware about issues and opportunities.

Last edited:
•••
The slowdown has been for the last few months. The other places let us know if there is a slow down and when it can be expected to be caught up.They even show how many days each step currently takes. I just stopped submitting until it is resolved.
I have also stopped submitting names and currently waiting for my previous names to get appraised.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back