Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the info @Keith DeBoer
Currently says Escrow with 8/12 date, but transfer of domain was complete on the 16th.
This was my first sale with BB, so the transfer time seems very slow.

I'm used to using Escrow.com for larger amounts with a maximum of a 3 day inspection period, but it's mostly 1 day and the whole process usually takes <3 days from start to finish, but no more than 5.

You can also send an email to [email protected] to get an update on your transaction.

•••
I recently got my first name approved

From the FAQs :

"How much will the logo designer take?

You decide how much to give the logo designer anywhere between $100-$500. This is added on to the listing price and the buyer will pay it."

This seems a bit misleading as the logo price is actually taken from the amount you're receiving, not added to the listing price as stated. So the higher the logo award, the less money you receive. So you're kinda paying for the logo... Or am I missing something ?

•••
I don't know the name but Margot told me they use an outside service and that is why there is a 5 day wait for funds even after the domain is transferred. My understanding is the 5 days can on rare occasions be longer if the client doesn't acknowledge receipt of the domain to the escrow company in a timely way. But usually it's just 5 days. In my experience this is the same back and forth procedure used by the escrow services at Flippa and Escrow.com.

@RayJs and @Brandworthy, After checking with Michael at BB I have to correct myself. There is no third party escrow. The delay is due to the time it takes BB's bank to release funds once payment is made by the buyer. This delay is unfortunate for us eager sellers but it seems to be in line with procedures at other major marketplaces like GD premium or Afternic. When I make a sale at those venues I don't get my funds until several days after the transaction has been completed.

•••
@RayJs and @Brandworthy, After checking with Michael at BB I have to correct myself. There is no third party escrow. The delay is due to the time it takes BB's bank to release funds once payment is made by the buyer. This delay is unfortunate for us eager sellers but it seems to be in line with procedures at other major marketplaces like GD premium or Afternic. When I make a sale at those venues I don't get my funds until several days after the transaction has been completed.
I don't think it has anything to do with the bank releasing the funds. Once the funds are in your bank account the funds are yours. I think BB holds funds in case the buyer decides to do a chargeback or something similar. They would rather hold the funds and not pay just in case. They would rather the seller be out the money then themselves. Acceptable business practice for any business by the way. Most chargebacks occur as soon as a domain or product has been received by the buyer and this 5 day window helps BB control the funds. This is also why Godaddy and Afternic hold the funds.

IMO..

•••
I recently got my first name approved

From the FAQs :

"How much will the logo designer take?

You decide how much to give the logo designer anywhere between $100-$500. This is added on to the listing price and the buyer will pay it."

This seems a bit misleading as the logo price is actually taken from the amount you're receiving, not added to the listing price as stated. So the higher the logo award, the less money you receive. So you're kinda paying for the logo... Or am I missing something ?

The financial breakdown for each domain is shown in your BB dashboard. It's good to check it before you agree to publish the domain on BB to make sure you like the listing price and agree to the distribution of finances.

bandicam 2016-08-26 11-35-17-884.jpg

•••
@Keith DeBoer Thanks but I was pointing out the difference between what's in the FAQs and what's actually happening. I just think "added on" seems a bit misleading as the list price does not change with the increase of the logo award, instead it's your share that decreases.

•••
@Keith DeBoer Thanks but I was pointing out the difference between what's in the FAQs and what's actually happening. I just think "added on" seems a bit misleading as the list price does not change with the increase of the logo award, instead it's your share that decreases.
I agree the wording could be improved to avoid any misunderstanding.

•••
One thing I really don't like is the logo design. $100-$500 logo should be better than Fiverr.

•••
One thing I really don't like is the logo design. $100-$500 logo should be better than Fiverr.
There is a catch. With fiverr the designer gets paid as soon as the logo is released. With BB, the designer may never ever get paid or it could take many months or even years to get paid - hence the premium price for a logo.

Last edited:
•••
There is a catch. With fiverr the designer gets paid as soon as the logo is released. With BB, the designer may never ever get paid - hence the premium price for a logo.

I read somewhere the designers get paid $3 per logo and the larger amount ($100 - $500) if the domain ever sells.

•••
If that's the case I stand by my point.
I read somewhere the designers get paid $3 per logo and the larger amount ($100 - $500) if the domain ever sells.

•••
Whre did you read it? In the terms and conditions or in the grapevine?

•••
Whre did you read it? In the terms and conditions or in the grapevine?

I can't remember but I doubt they would post it on the public website. It may have been here on NP.

•••
There is a catch. With fiverr the designer gets paid as soon as the logo is released. With BB, the designer may never ever get paid or it could take many months or even years to get paid - hence the premium price for a logo.

It shouldn't matter. I'm not saying it has to be $500 bucks logo but it certainly can look like a $25 work where's it looks like something you can get with free logo designer. People who freelance at 99designs.com usually design first & get paid only if their design is picked still the quality there is brilliant. We don't even get to pick the design on BB.

Besides, I'm not sure if Brandbucket designers provide any PSD/AI/PSD/EPS files when they gets the full amount. In that case, the new buyer needs to spend on logo again.

I'm not saying Brandbucket is bad but I do think it can be lot better experience for both party with some changes.

•••
It shouldn't matter. I'm not saying it has to be $500 bucks logo but it certainly can look like a $25 work where's it looks like something you can get with free logo designer. People who freelance at 99designs.com usually design first & get paid only if their design is picked still the quality there is brilliant. We don't even get to pick the design on BB.

Besides, I'm not sure if Brandbucket designers provide any PSD/AI/PSD/EPS files when they gets the full amount. In that case, the new buyer needs to spend on logo again.

I'm not saying Brandbucket is bad but I do think it can be lot better experience for both party with some changes.
I once sent a mail to BB regarding how some of the logos were really not upto the mark(some had really small graphics) and I got the reply that in doesn't matter,it's only the domain that a party is looking for and most of the time,they would replace it with a logo of their own.I cant find the original email but transparency and better customer experience is something BB can really work upon

•••

I have to admit, the logos are not the greatest but they are effective. Have a look at the number of daily sales BB is reporting. I have about 70 BB names and like at least 50 of my logos.

•••
From what I can see people don't come to BB for logos but for good brandable names. I've sold a bunch of names on BB and not one company has gone on to use the BB provided logo. If you can afford to spend an average of $2,500 on a domain then you can afford to run your own contest on 99designs.

Logo design is subjective. Someone will always not like a particular logo no mater how good it is.

•••
I have to admit, the logos are not the greatest but they are effective. Have a look at the number of daily sales BB is reporting. I have about 70 BB names and like at least 50 of my logos.

You must be lucky! haha

•••
From what I can see people don't come to BB for logos but for good brandable names. I've sold a bunch of names on BB and not one company has gone on to use the BB provided logo. If you can afford to spend an average of $2,500 on a domain then you can afford to run your own contest on 99designs.

Logo design is subjective. Someone will always not like a particular logo no mater how good it is.

I totally see your point however then the logo should be optional. We could pay less for logo outside & add it to BB for our best domains. Too much to ask?

•••
we may complain lot of things in BB but they are the best and leader in Brandables , alot of other market places are available if you dont like them, i have not made a single sale on BB Yet but iam a real big fan of them...waiting to make a sale soon

•••
we may complain lot of things in BB but they are the best and leader in Brandables , alot of other market places are available if you dont like them, i have not made a single sale on BB Yet but iam a real big fan of them...waiting to make a sale soon

Why would we go to other platform? As you said they are the leader. We have the rights to say what we want or else they will never know what their client's want.

•••
Why would we go to other platform? As you said they are the leader. We have the rights to say what we want or else they will never know what their client's want.
True...good if they are listening our inputs here and improving their platform.

•••
•••
•••

I was a BB seller and designer.

There are two options,

1. The designer will get paid immediately $5 once the logo approved. (There will be no $100 to $500 logo award if the domain sells)

or

2.The designer will get $100-$500 logo award if the domain sells.

Designers need to submit original source .ai (Illustartor) file along with 360X200 & 640X640 transparent PNG files.

All BB sales includes Domain + Logo source, If the buyer wants to use the logo he can use it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back