NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not really popular... one example is S T A R T U P A B L Y - my freshly registered and submitted name. The keyword I use for search is "startup".

•••
Does anyone have any data re BB's recent sales numbers?

•••
•••
IMO, we absolutely need the option to add ourselves 2-3 keywords for our names. Visibility and therefore the chance to sell depends on it. People who get to write their own keywords or can control the process enjoy a huge advantage.
With 34,000 domains in their inventory, it’s becoming increasingly difficult for names to be found through search, and if a domain lacks the correct tags, it simply cannot be found by an end-user doing a targeted search towards a certain type of domain name/keyword category.

Such names will most likely only sell through type-in traffic, and there is no advantage to having them listed in the searchable BB “database” if they have virtually no visibility in the search results. Then the only value added left is a nice looking landing page with a logo. But $10 listing fee + $100 logo + 30% commission is not worth just a nice looking landing page, and a downside to such type-in traffic is that it also serves to introduce potential buyers to BB (and tens of thousands of other domain names they can buy, instead of yours), so it can both help you make a sale, or make you lose the sale.

I agree with @Nerevar, and this issue has been raised countless times in this thread previously, that BrandBucket needs to allow sellers to add their own keywords, even if only 1-2, so that the seller can ensure that a key tag is not missing. And if they are worried about abuse (such as people adding “tech” to all of their names, because it’s the most popular category), they can review and approve/reject the added keyword tags, before re-publishing the name.

•••
Brand bucket was a great place to sell names before ramping up to over 10k names for sale, now with so many more than that you are lucky, even with a couple hundred names listed, to make a couple sales a year. I may consider moving all of my names to brandroot.com, with 10k names, it is more likely to yield more sales.

•••
Michael has 2,000 names and usually sells on average 17 per month. You would assume that if you took 4 or 5 sellers and add up their portfolios to an equal amount that you would have similar amount of sales. Not the case.

Andrew Rice (BB brand ambassador) 658 names
BrandPluck 363 names
BrandWorthy 332 names
PolkaInc 153 names

These above add up to 1,506 names. Not quite the 2,000 names that Michael has but pretty close. You would think with 1,506 names you would at least have close to the same amount of sales. Correct? These sellers above have had very few sales if any. I think Andrew had a couple but the ratio in volume from these sellers is similar but the sales are not. This group of sellers should at least have 10-15 sales every single month. What makes Michael's portfolio sell so much better? Doesn't that make you wonder? The names are the same in quality but these sellers have very few sales if any.

The only logical answer is that Michael is able to push his own inventory over yours and get on the front page with every single name. BB says it doesn't matter if you're on the front page but that is pure B S. When someone types in your name and follows it to Brand Bucket what other names are being sold on that page? Why should your traffic sell someone else's name? Why is the attention that my name is supposed to be getting from my traffic being diverted to the house inventory? There are so many questions you should ask yourself.

There is a tons of names being added to BB lately that are under privacy. I mentioned the NameSilo privacy already and who those names are but there are also many from Uniregistry and 1 & 1 being added at a rapid pace. No domainer puts their names under privacy if they expect to sell names. I repeat, no domainer puts their names under privacy if they want to sell names. This is rule #1 in domain sales. If no domainer puts their names under privacy then why are so many names being added to BB under privacy. The obvious answer is pretty easy to figure out.

Having the director of the company (Michael) and the owner of the company (Boxador-Margot) being in direct competition with you is s real conflict of interest. It's not only a real conflict of interest it's a huge conflict of interest. The transparency that BB has talked about since 2013 has not come.

I believe that companies like this exist because of domainers and on behalf of the domainer community I hope that BB starts answering these questions and becoming more transparent to their sellers.

We all want to see some real sales. For many years BB listed sales and the buyers obviously didn't care so what's with all the secrecy now. Out of the blue the buyers started giving a sh*t? BS!! If it didn't matter then why should it matter now. Show us some real sales besides the directors sales! If buyers gave a sh*t then why does the director show his sales? Hmmm? Interesting.

There is a whole community here that is placing their bets on the brandable market and giving you tons of money to list their names hoping that the brandable market is actually real.

15,000 names listed I think it's about time to SHOW SOME SALES ALREADY!

Rereading this post now, one of the best from @hookbox

•••
I am very fortunate to sell the number of names that I do, but this wasn't something that happened overnight. For those not familiar with my story, I started with $1K about 4 years ago, and now I've made domaining my full-time job.

We aren't messing with any algorithms or search results to highlight my names or boxador's names over anyone else's names. My names (like other sellers) sold at a higher rate than other names on BB before I ever became a Brand Ambassador or the director.

I think I've mentioned that we will start sending out a monthly sellers newsletter that will have sales stats and statistics and we are considering other options to highlight our sales.

Another blast from the past. Thank you Michael.

•••
Rereading this post now, one of the best from @hookbox

If you look at DNbolt's data for June you see that the "normal" sellers are outperforming Michael Krell. Sellers 2 till 8 sold 16 domains (as did Krell) but have a combined ~3500 domains listed compared to Krell his 5500 listings.

•••
If you look at DNbolt's data for June you see that the "normal" sellers are outperforming Michael Krell. Sellers 2 till 8 sold 16 domains (as did Krell) but have a combined ~3500 domains listed compared to Krell his 5500 listings.

@Dnbolt Thank you for trying to add more transparency to bb, despite the friction from some hypocritical bb'ers.

@Doron Vermaat - Thank you for highlighting the numbers, though, I think you missed @hookbox point if you're providing these stats in response to his post.

upload_2016-7-30_10-6-10.png

•••
I wonder which QR domain will sell first. (5L added this month. 4L added a few months ago) :rolleyes:
upload_2016-7-31_3-51-14.png

giphy.gif

•••
•••

Actually one member sold 4 in June a d I told Dnbolt and he edited his post though Ray didnt it appears:)

•••
•••
•••
Its now 10 days and debuto.com is still pending review.

•••
•••
I wonder which QR domain will sell first. (5L added this month. 4L added a few months ago) :rolleyes:
I think, this is a trademark violation :-P

•••
There is also great chance it will bw accepted.

After ramping up to 30K+ names, my observation is that is has become more difficult to get in. Probably because they try to keep the domains for certain words a limited number. If you have 100 domains for the words "pay" for e.g., having few more will bring $10 listing fee each, but lower the possibility of having previously submitted domain sold.

I don't think that my domain-taste became worse

•••
After ramping up to 30K+ names, my observation is that is has become more difficult to get in. Probably because they try to keep the domains for certain words a limited number. If you have 100 domains for the words "pay" for e.g., having few more will bring $10 listing fee each, but lower the possibility of having previously submitted domain sold.

I don't think that my domain-taste became worse
I did notice this specially with keywords and two word names have been shown the door many times.

•••
I think Brandbucket targeting 100,000 domains in their portfolio.

•••
•••
•••
I did notice this specially with keywords and two word names have been shown the door many times.
Why do think that is? Less competition for Krell's 5,578 names. Why would he hire his own assassin. :)

He guarantees his names sell because he lowers the level of competition.

•••
Why do think that is? Less competition for Krell's 5,578 names. Why would he hire his own assassin. :)

He guarantees his names sell because he lowers the level of competition.

If we think like this then we need to also take into consideration that they get 30% ob top of the $10 fee so since he is company director I would say he will welcomw competition

Last edited:
•••
Looking at a Brand Bucket seller's profile page you see the number of domains and "shares". What does the number of shares refer to?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back