Dynadot

BrandBucket appraisal accuracy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mein

Impact
Hi there!

Happy to finally create an account here after lurking in the dark for some time.

Up until now, I've only ever sold domains through private negotiations, with my biggest sale coming in at around $6k with DomainAgents.

A month ago I decided to use my 10 free credits at BrandBucket to send in some domains for reviewal and to possibly list them on there as I like their simplistic marketplace.

Now the results came back with several domains in the $5k - $20k range, most notably though one domain that is appraised at $90k. Now my question, is there any merit to these appraisals and how would you rate them against tools like GoDaddy & EstiBot appraisals?

Thanks and best wishes!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to NP

Never use these any automated appraisal tools. They just pick random figures. Its the most common mistake new domainers make when starting out in this industry.

Its just a marketing gimmick, you get a good appraisal from the Godaddy appraisals tool, where do you think most people will register the name? Yes correct GODADDY!!

•••
I like using Domain Index and Estibot.com as tools but don't treat an automated appraisal as any form of gospel. Domain value is very subjective it depends on if there is a potential market. The automated tools can help with search value or potential demand though but they can't give you a clear sales value.

•••
The guys above said it first

PS Welcome to NamePros @mein

Last edited:
•••
Without understanding their tool i can say most are based on potential traffic from keywords which is impossible with a brand without a real keyword. It will be based on length extension and other features deemed of value i wouldn't just disregard a bot appraisal as would want to see what strengths gave it the merit the bot used.

•••
I would trust Brandbucket Valuation much more than Godaddy or Estibot
but use common sense and try to figure why they appraised it that way
and next find our own price tag

•••
I think the BB is more accurate, counting that they deal specifically with a brandable market. I don't think their appraisal is fully automated, I guess it's some mix of automation (traffic data for relevant words, similar sales, trends etc) from one hand, and manual picks that are based on their ''live'' experience and gut feeling - from the other.

•••
It is speculation accuracy is how close we speculated to closing sales figure.

•••
BrandBucket Appraisal Logic:

.COM
+$1,000

2 Dictionary Words Put Together, But with No Real Meaning
+$2,000

2 Dictionary Words Put Together, But Kind of Related to Each Other
+$5,000

Made Up Word with Less Than 7 Letters
+$3,000

Made Up Word with Less Than 7 Letters That Ends with "LY"
+$5,000

•••
I've found NameWorth to be a handy tool for getting a baseline price, it also gives you 6 different price points depending on your need for cash. But as always, use common sense and understand automated appraisals are subjective at best.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back