Dynadot

BrandBucket and others: Is there any benefit listing invented, non-keyword based domains there?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is there any benefit listing invented, non-keyword based names on brandable marketplaces?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    50.0%
  • No

votes
    50.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Listing fees aside, assuming the marketplace requires you to resolve your domain to their website, I think listing there is counterproductive. Your names bring in traffic to the marketplace, but they are not popping up in keyword searches, hence they do not benefit from the marketplace's aggregated traffic. With tens of thousands of listed names, I see miniscule chance of your name being found there, other than through direct type-in (i.e. traffic the name itself brings in). The marketplace benefits from this, but not you.

What's your take? Please give your reasons in comments below - thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A non keyword domains stands the highest chance of being discovered on the marketplace for brandables by showing up in results performed through a category search/other non-key word filters

•••
I think invented names do best on a brandable marketplace. Yes there a lots of them, so there is plenty of competition, but at least they are seen. Think of it this way. What if your/my invented names are not on a marketplace. How will anyone find them? Type in traffic? No way. You would need to build a dedicated site and drive traffic to it. Which is fine if you have the funds or skills to develop a site. If not then one of the brandable marketplaces might be the best option. Just my two cents :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back