NameSilo

question Brandables' marketplaces

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rubencouto

DN FrontTop Member
Impact
Hello!

These are the brandables' marketplaces I use. Do you use others?

BrandRoot (currently 2 published domains, no sales yet)
upload_2018-4-10_13-49-20.png

BrandBucket (currently 63 published domains, 5 sales)
upload_2018-4-10_13-50-35.png

Brandpa (currently 8 published domains, 1 sale)
upload_2018-4-10_13-51-24.png

Namerific (currently 100 published domains, 1 sale)
upload_2018-4-10_13-52-16.png

Branddo (currently 56 published domains, 1 sale)
upload_2018-4-10_13-53-5.png

Lysted (8 domains listed, no sales yet)
upload_2018-4-10_13-56-4.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-10_13-49-53.png
    upload_2018-4-10_13-49-53.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 245
  • upload_2018-4-10_13-52-49.png
    upload_2018-4-10_13-52-49.png
    173.6 KB · Views: 261
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi dear, I use BrandDo and Brandroot and have 15 domains listed on branddo.com and 6 on brandroot, here some of succes transactions with branddo ANNOX.com, POLYMAN.com, ELLUX.com and REDWIND.com... good luck for all ;)

•••
I'm on BrandBucket, BrandPa and Squadhelp.

Squadhelp: Had 5 sales. Squadhelp has the smallest number of listed domains so it's easier to be noticed by potential buyers. But there's a significant drawback - small payouts (compared to BB and BP).

BrandPa: No sales yet. I love the dashboard at BrandPa, smooth and fast website and (at least in my case) they offer biggest payouts. But it's very difficult to get them to approve anything.

BrandBucket: No sales yet. With BrandBucket it's a lot easier to get approvals. It's even possible to submit unregistered domain names and appeal rejected ones. And it does work - I did have a few domains approved after appealing rejection. Drawbacks: a HUGE number of listed domain names and smaller payouts than at BrandPa (though this can be subjective).

PS. Thank you @rubencouto! It was very interesting to see the traffic stats.

Could you post an example of one of your sales (like, sold name for $1300 and received $xxx after fees) from SquadHelp? Thanks.

•••
@rubencouto -

Speaking of trending and benchmarking...

Do you happen to have accounts with Afternic, Sedo, Undeveloped, Efty?

If so, how has your sell-thru-rate experience (#Published / #Sold) been for those platforms as a benchmark against the above mentioned "brandable" marketplaces?

Thanks again for sharing your experience and insights.

-Cougar

•••
Could you post an example of one of your sales (like, sold name for $1300 and received $xxx after fees) from SquadHelp? Thanks.
I have five domain names there. SH premium market usually charges 35% commission. I have published it for one month, but it has not been sold successfully. But one thing you can prove is that SH has a lot of bugs.

•••
Hello!

So far, I've had a good run with SH. I have 130 names (most of them owned by SH, from previous contests submissions) and I have sold 6 names. The commissions are not very high but since I have no costs to register nor to renew, it has turned out to be a great profit! :)
All the domains that are owned by me and that are in their marketplace are under Premium, mainly because I wanted them to validate the quality of the domains.
You can find their criteria for approval at their site, if I'm not mistaken.
You remember correctly. But I have a lot of domain names that meet the requirements but have not passed.

•••
•••
So out of the 6 names you sold, how many where solely owned by you and if you dont mind,-list with price.(n)
All 6 were owned by SH and the list price was all within $1.000-$1.700.

•••
Thanks for all the data guys. The way I figure it, actual sell-through rates is key. If my landing pages do 3% with no commission, then with a 30% commission I better see a 5% sell through. Otherwise, what am I paying for?

Would be nice if we could get a factual sell-through rate for these marketplaces.

My experience is only BB. 50 names, three years, one sale - less than 1% so a big fail on their part. I hear BP does 6% and SH does 20% - true????

•••
Thanks for sharing!!! SH seems to be the best from the data I see. BB seems to be a dinosaur - was great in the day, but now with too many names and not enough marketing and visitors sell-through seems to be dropping.

If a company was proud of their sell-through stats, they would surely post them. SH seems to be transparent, and seems to be aggressive in their marketing and strategy.
\
Would love to hear from more who can share their sell-through rates at the different marketplaces.

•••
Hello!

Show attachment 85091

Show attachment 85093

Show attachment 85094

Show attachment 85095

Show attachment 85097

Show attachment 85098
Hello!

Show attachment 85091

Show attachment 85093

Show attachment 85094

Show attachment 85095

Show attachment 85097

Show attachment 85098
Ruben...thanks for posting this, but I'm pretty put-off by the whole process. I met with Brand Bucket at NamesCon in Vegas in January, and they assigned someone to me who I was to work with to get some of my domains/brands approved, but it didn't happen. After numerous emails with no response, Margo, CEO of BB actually reached out to me and apologized, saying her rep was gone? I would have to go back and check, but I sent Margot a list about a month ago, and I haven't heard back from her....sad:xf.frown:

I understand they're suppose to be the cream of the crop, but you could fool me....all the more reason I need to take charge of my own destiny:xf.smile:

•••
I have 26 names on brandpa, but no sales yet.

•••
•••
Repeated post

Last edited:
•••
So... you're allowed to list your BB-published names on your own site as well?

•••
Hey guys. I have names easily accepted on BR. Most of these names have been previously rejected by BB and BP.

I am woñdering if BB and BP are too strict or BR is too lenient with their approval metrics.

I just want to know if BR is a quality marketplace

•••
Thanks. As popular as squadhelp seems, I only discovered it yesterday.
It has been growing a lot recently (last year or so).

•••
Today's check on the popularity rank, according to Alexa:

Brandbucket: 65.990
SquadHelp: 74.371
Brandpa: 131.267
Brandroot: 157.554
Namerific: 518.251
Branddo: 1 544.759
Lysted: 1.726.436

=======================================================================

@rubencouto -

Thanks for the update.

In your earlier post from April 10, 2018 (see below) you generously provided # Published names per platform along with # Sold per platform. Along with trending charts. THANK YOU!

Would you mind providing a similar post with a 2-year trailing charts from today's date along with your current #Published / #Sold tally updates?

It is interesting to observe your Sales ratios side-by-side with Trending charts and Popularity rankings.

Thanks for sharing your metrics and experience.

-Cougar

=======================================================================

Hello!

Show attachment 85091

Show attachment 85093

Show attachment 85094

Show attachment 85095

Show attachment 85097

Show attachment 85098

Last edited:
•••
@rubencouto -

Thank You!

This is an interesting glimpse into which platforms are holding steady (BrandBucket seems to have recovered since last Summer), which are trending upwards (SquadHelp / Brandpa), and which are currently trending downwards (Brandroot / Namerific) as it relates to Alexa rankings.

Also - interesting to observe which sites have produced sales for you. Congrats!

Curious - for those sites that have produced sales - are the Price Points averages (per sale) similar for each platform? Or do the Price Point averages per platform vary greatly?

Ruben - thank you for sharing your experience snapshot.

I recognize traffic and rankings fluctuate with these platforms over time, but it's interesting to see the 1-year trend lines and a snapshot sell-thru-rate for each.

-Cougar

Last edited:
•••
Hello!

Show attachment 85091

Show attachment 85093

Show attachment 85094

Show attachment 85095

Show attachment 85097

Show attachment 85098
I have seen your sales record in SH market, which is really amazing. ;)Can you share your experience? What are their criteria for approval premium?

•••
I have seen your sales record in SH market, which is really amazing. ;)Can you share your experience? What are their criteria for approval premium?
Hello!

So far, I've had a good run with SH. I have 130 names (most of them owned by SH, from previous contests submissions) and I have sold 6 names. The commissions are not very high but since I have no costs to register nor to renew, it has turned out to be a great profit! :)
All the domains that are owned by me and that are in their marketplace are under Premium, mainly because I wanted them to validate the quality of the domains.
You can find their criteria for approval at their site, if I'm not mistaken.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Hello!

Here are my sell-through rates so far:
BB: 0.78%
SH:
- 12 months: 10%;
- 6 months: 8.33%

The other marketplaces don't provide such stats (wich aren't very easy to calculate when your portfolio volume varies along time).
Time duration for BB is?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back