Dynadot

analysis Brandable Insider Domain Review #20 - With Doron Vermaat

NameSilo
Watch

Keith DeBoer

BrandableInsider.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Also it was long enough that I didn't have to comeout of cooking to change to a new episode for a change lol.

•••
A fantastic episode

Huge thanks to you Keith and to Doron!

•••
Listened to this episode in middle of night, and really enjoyed it. Was interesting that @Doron Vermaat essentially started at NJ auctions, and, unlike most investors, never went through a hand-reg, or even closeout, phase. I am not surprised that of late it is the .co and .io part of his portfolio that is moving best. A really impressive number of sales in 2020 at retail prices.

I like your podcasts because they are so concise and well-structured @Keith DeBoer - but nice to now and then mix in a much longer one like this to explore in depth a successful brandable investor. The choice of names was interesting too - not sure I would ever have thought of a term like BlockParty in .io but makes total sense when explained. Knack a really interesting and versatile brandable too.

Thanks again for your outstanding podcast series Keith. I am sure your listenership will continue to grow strongly.

Bob

•••
Thanks, everyone. It's really nice to chat with Keith who's so well prepared and asks the right questions.

I see there's a small mistake now in the description of the episode, as one of the sales we discussed was for Blockparty.co instead of .io

•••
Thanks, everyone. It's really nice to chat with Keith who's so well prepared and asks the right questions.

I see there's a small mistake now in the description of the episode, as one of the sales we discussed was for Blockparty.co instead of .io
That podcast will partly lead to the pricing of seal dot io auction lol
2K + already

•••
•••
Hey @Doron Vermaat, Some well deserved praise for your interview and the material you presented. Regarding BlockParty I've made that correction at DNgeek and BrandableInsider. Thanks for pointing that out. Cheers!

•••
Sorry for confusing the two extensions in my comment above, which is too late to edit.
But hey, block parties are good no matter what extension they are in :xf.grin:.
Seriously when someone mentions block party I think of a gathering of a bunch of people, but had never thought of it in blockchain sense. I really love words like that with a common and another possible meaning.

I think many kind of stay in the same thing in domains (obviously not all). Impressed that Doron said after extensive talks with @Nikul Sanghvi at NamesCon 2019 he decided to give .co a try (as I understand it had a few before that but many more after). Several nice lessons there - be open to moves, learn from interacting with others who have had success through conferences and NamePros.

Thanks again @Keith DeBoer and @Doron Vermaat .

Bob

•••
Sorry for confusing the two extensions in my comment above, which is too late to edit.
But hey, block parties are good no matter what extension they are in :xf.grin:.
Seriously when someone mentions block party I think of a gathering of a bunch of people, but had never thought of it in blockchain sense. I really love words like that with a common and another possible meaning.

I think many kind of stay in the same thing in domains (obviously not all). Impressed that Doron said after extensive talks with @Nikul Sanghvi at NamesCon 2019 he decided to give .co a try (as I understand it had a few before that but many more after). Several nice lessons there - be open to moves, learn from interacting with others who have had success through conferences and NamePros.

Thanks again @Keith DeBoer and @Doron Vermaat .

Bob
Thanks for your kind comments and astute observations, Bob. Regarding Block Party the mistake was mine I put IO in the notes below the podcast (see my original post at the top of this page). I've since corrected it at BrandableInsider.com and DnGeek.com but I can't edit the original post on NP. Cheers! Keith

Last edited:
•••
•••
Back