Dynadot

domain Bought first domain - allbrandphones.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mlut

Established Member
Impact
Hello ,
soooo I've bought/created domain allbrandphones.com on godaddy, what is my next move, what do you think about the name? any help/comment is welcome :rolleyes:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This will be some honest feedback but hope it helps:

The domain is too long, it does not flow smoothly when you say it out loud (the radio test). I checked on related sites and there were 0. No searches or CPC. A better name would be AllPhoneBrands.com it sounds a lot better as a brandable type of domain even though I still feel too long.

If this was a handreg just keep it for now but eventually let it go. In regards to what you should do next, I say invest time into educating yourself on the forum and understanding how to value domains better in order to make better purchases.

- Will

•••
First one so good. If possible look for 2 word domains :)

•••
Who would be using All Brand Phones? Is it a blog about only most popular brands of phones? Is it a shop? Regardless, very little chance that someone is paying for that any money.

•••
Congrats on your first buy. On the bright side, you bought a .com so your mind is in the right place. Spend some time reading the forums and looking at past sales to get an idea of where value can be found.

•••
This will be some honest feedback but hope it helps:

The domain is too long, it does not flow smoothly when you say it out loud (the radio test). I checked on related sites and there were 0. No searches or CPC. A better name would be AllPhoneBrands.com it sounds a lot better as a brandable type of domain even though I still feel too long.

If this was a handreg just keep it for now but eventually let it go. In regards to what you should do next, I say invest time into educating yourself on the forum and understanding how to value domains better in order to make better purchases.

- Will
----------------
Sorry Will, he is correct! The 'ALL' belongs to the 'brands, not the phones. Tough sale but good name to develop.

•••
Congratulations on your first domain purchase. Buying domains can be addicting, make sure to do as much research as possible before getting "Reg Fever" like many of us got at some point early on in the domain world.

This name is definitely better than a lot of first regs I have seen over the years. What to do next is a matter that you will have to decide. You can try listing it for sale at the domain marketplaces, but don't forget about the 60 day transfer lock before you list it. A buyer can only have the name pushed to a Godaddy account until the 60 days is up. Just don't get too crazy with your asking/starting price for the domain since this one will more than likely not be a high dollar sale.

Good Luck.

•••
Hi @mlut , Welcome to Domaining with your First Purchase.
I agree with @Willox Perez , he has mentioned it 100% right to get more knowledge on domaining before making aggressive investment moves.
Namepros is definitely the place where you get rich info & training on domaining & the guys here are very cooperative as well.

•••
Buying domains can be addicting,

... and compulsive!

spending-002.jpg

•••
... and compulsive!

spending-002.jpg
Yes, you are absolutely right. Even though I have been in the domain world for since last century, I still give in to being compulsive at times when it comes to regging names. ;)

•••
Hello ,
soooo I've bought/created domain allbrandphones.com on godaddy, what is my next move, what do you think about the name? any help/comment is welcome :rolleyes:

AllBrandPhones.com This is what is called a 'Long tail' name. In other words: its long! 14 characters!

Do some research on which names are selling, long tail name sales rarely happen. Why invest into names that rarely sell? Better strategy is to invest in names that sell

•••
Don't worry guys I won't go mad on buying domains , I dont have enough funds :$::$: :D , but thanks for frendly advices.
cheers with the beers :D

•••
----------------
Sorry Will, he is correct! The 'ALL' belongs to the 'brands, not the phones. Tough sale but good name to develop.

True after reading it the best name to get is PhoneBrands.com hahaha =-D

•••
Who would be using All Brand Phones? Is it a blog about only most popular brands of phones? Is it a shop? Regardless, very little chance that someone is paying for that any money.
Recons, Mlut is going to needs all kinds of brands phones with his Avatar pic shop :) value reg fee encluding that avatar pic. I can't stop cracking up :)

•••
•••
... and compulsive!

spending-002.jpg
This gal seems mad. Either she hasn't eatin anything when she went shopping or she is on her monthly issues.. Dang! System disconnected... :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
shopwiththousandsbags/workout/heavylifting.com

•••
•••
•••
•••
allbrandphones.com :rolleyes: amateur design

•••
Whatever you do, just don't keep buying loads more domain names thinking you are onto a winner.

Instead, either have a serious go at developing a mobile phone site, e.g. an affiliate mobile phone site, or have a serious go at selling a handful of domains. Buying domains does not make you money, selling or developing them does.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back