IT.COM

discuss BoGo...new? A fad? Catchy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
It's been a few years ago now that I started seeing the four letter identifier BoGo in stores. Initially I needed to inquire, but it stands for Buy one Get one (free), but I've since learned it can mean Buy one Get one at 50% off, or Buy one Get one of lesser value etc.

I have my eye on a few that I like, but i would like to hear from others especially outside the US if BoGo is a thing? Thanks,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here from EU: never ever heard about BoGo, not once in my lifetime ... so it is not a thing here, at least not in this part of the world :)

•••
Here from EU: never ever heard about BoGo, not once in my lifetime ... so it is not a thing here, at least not in this part of the world :)
Thanks Marek...i have about 25 BoGo names on my list, but for now I'm going to pick up the top four;

BoGoPub - here you could run a different BoGo special every night; free, 50% off, etc.
BoGoWash - this is for a car wash where you might capture repeat customers
BoGoPhones - many a phone plan offers buy one phone and get the second one free
BoGoAuto - this one is just catchy, but might draw attention

Maybe you can get EU to catch on:xf.wink:

•••
If you're interested @ThatNameGuy, I just saw that BogoBank.com is available for purchase as a Godaddy closeout.

•••
Been around for years of beers.
Originally did mean Buy One Get One Free.
Then the fast food places found out, hey, use BOGO and in small letters, put that the second is half price,,,,would get people into their crappy places,

•••
Been around for years of beers.
Originally did mean Buy One Get One Free.
Then the fast food places found out, hey, use BOGO and in small letters, put that the second is half price,,,,would get people into their crappy places,
I own a dozen or so BoGo domains like BoGo30.com that would stand for Buy One Get One at 30% off. This might be an attraction for bigger ticket items like large appliances. BoGoAir.com might be, buy one airline ticked and get the second one free. The BoGoBank.com that Joe so kindly recommended makes no sense at all. I tend to trust my own judgment better than others:xf.rolleyes:

•••
Ugh! I thought bogo.com is for sale by reading your post the first time ....just woke up from napping 😴

•••
I own a dozen or so BoGo domains like BoGo30.com that would stand for Buy One Get One at 30% off. This might be an attraction for bigger ticket items like large appliances. BoGoAir.com might be, buy one airline ticked and get the second one free. The BoGoBank.com that Joe so kindly recommended makes no sense at all. I tend to trust my own judgment better than others:xf.rolleyes:
Just to clarify, BogoBank wasn't a recommendation. Just thought I'd mention it since I remembered you were looking at Bogo names.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back