Dynadot

Bodis UI Changes! NEW!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
I felt this is worthy of a new thread as the other one is a bit cluttered.

Today, I am launching the new update to our Bodis.com parking service. A lot of changes that our users have asked for are now finally live in this new version.

First off to those that do not know: Bodis.com is currently a domain parking platform to monetize undeveloped domain names. You point the domains to us, we show relevant ads, and split the revenue with you.

Our website: www.bodis.com

What's New?

For a complete list please see here: http://www.bodis.com/whatsNew

• Better User Interface

The user interface of our earnings reports have improved significantly for an easier and more efficient experience.

• Charts for Visual Comparison & Analysis

Reports now feature charting so you can analyze and compare data at a glance.

• Reports for Multiple Domains

You can now filter reports by as many domains as you want, instead of just a single domain as before.

• Country & Referrer Analytics

Ever wondered what the CTR, CPC, or revenue was from a certain country or referrer? Now you can easily see reporting for each country and referrer to truly understand your domain traffic.

• Manage Parking Templates

View historical data of all templates used for a domain name. You can also preview a template from within the Manage Templates tab.

• Switch Active Template

It's now possible to quickly switch the active template for a domain name from within the Manage Domains table.

• Monetize with CPA Offers

You can now monetize your parked domains using CPA providers. Using this you can increase revenue by redirecting your domains directly to selected advertisers and affiliates.

• Nearly 100 New Templates:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How do i change 'streammovies/tv' to actually show relevant advertising ?

it currently shows black asian dating and stuff like that ????

•••
Master keywords haven't been used since we switched to our upstream provider's keywords 4-5 months ago. They have a policy with Bodis where we cannot use our own keywords. I fought this policy but no go unfortunately.

Matt,

As late as December I made master keyword changes to many (~15-20) of my highest traffic domains that were showing non-relevant ads. The keyword refinements I made most definitely changed/affected the ads displayed AND the list of "related searches". This doesn't seem to jive with your timeline above...?

The reason I point this out is now I notice many (not all) of the domains I had fixed have reverted back to displaying non-relevant ads & non-relevant "related searches".

How does one fix/report this now? Is it just individual Bodis 'users/clients' who can no longer submit master keywords (but Bodis staff can submit keyword suggestions on our behalf??)

Thanks,
Steve

•••
I can't even see the keyword option lately (am i going blind) and also which is best one or two click option ???

•••
Matt -

I was looking through another thread, and found this post you made (early-December) which I assume explains why I was able to affect the ads & 'related searches' displayed by changing keywords:

95%+ of all Bodis parked domains don't have a master keyword. You can add domains without a master keyword. Our system internally figures it out and uses one, just like a user entry.

As a matter of fact, I've extensively tested someone that sets keywords really well VS our system, and our system tied it or outperformed it by just a tad, so actually custom master keywords typically don't help.

So the auto-DNS system works the same way as adding a domain via UI without a master keyword.

On top of that, now our upstream provider chooses both keywords & ads the majority of times (as per our recent requirements), which means we don't even get much of a say anymore on keywords. (However this might change in the future as there are many clauses on why that is the case now).

We can suggest to them individual keywords or multiple keywords, but they choose if they want to listen to the suggestion or ignore it. And most of the time, the upstream provider ignores it in favor of their own keywords

I personally had very good success changing master keywords and getting more relevant ads & 'related searches' to display. Maybe I am the exception??

Any thoughts on if some future 'keyword input' option may return as you hinted in your post:

...However this might change in the future as there are many clauses on why that is the case now.

Thanks,
Steve

•••
How do i change 'streammovies/tv' to actually show relevant advertising ?

it currently shows black asian dating and stuff like that ????

It is misclassified as adult by our upstream provider. I have forwarded to them. They will get it fixed within 24-48 hours.

Steve said:
The reason I point this out is now I notice many (not all) of the domains I had fixed have reverted back to displaying non-relevant ads & non-relevant "related searches".

How does one fix/report this now? Is it just individual Bodis 'users/clients' who can no longer submit master keywords (but Bodis staff can submit keyword suggestions on our behalf??)

Master keywords are still there in the background. So if you set something on your domains in the past, it's still uses it.

However, 4-5 months ago we started using our upstream provider's keywords. Actually it was in mid September. We can pass them a master keyword (which we do many times), however they choose if/when they want to ignore it. Which is most of the time.

On top of that, they now do behavioral/interest based ads, and sometimes ads are not even anything related to the domain but rather on what you were searching for before you got to the domain page.

I was going to include custom keywords and continue allowing master keywords but the push from the upstream provider was to change to theirs and there was no other way.

Also, our system's internal master keyword would be also just as good as the user's. On a network-wide scale it did better than my best keyword optimization guy (sorry Conan). On some domains, manual master keywords made more sense.

Long story short, this is what we have to deal with right now and most other parking providers as well.

As far as 1-click vs 2-click, it depends on domain, template, keyword, and the feed from the upstream provider (they have different feeds for 1-click and different paying feeds for 2-click). Right now network-wide 1-click does better about 85-15%. It used to be 50-50% when we set our own keywords, but that is no longer the case.

The best option would be to choose the template that best fits the domain. If there is no perfect template, leave it on Auto Optimize. You can click on a domain from Manage Domains, it will take you to the optimization page where you can see performance of each template (minimum I think is 25 visitors per template required to start seeing performance figures).

As you guys know, if it were my/your option, I would proudly add the keywords, especially custom keywords. Until we are Google or Bing, I think we have to play by someone else's rules. ;)

It is hard to convince our upstream providers to use custom keywords, but I am definitely working on it.

•••
Thanks for the explanation Matt!

For your ongoing challenge to convince your upstream providers to use custom keywords, please let us know if you need examples of domains that 'performed better' (e.g. advertisements were more relevant & 'related searches' were better targetted to the domain subject) when we input 'custom/master' keywords versus the 'automated' ones.

Cheers,
Steve

•••
Thanks for the info but are there going to be more template options to come ?? finace, travel, computers, music, games ..etc

i couldn't match up most of my name

Last edited:
•••
Steve: There is definitely domains that do better with custom keywords. Most do better with either custom user keywords or our system keywords.

Upstream provider does not really care about revenue, just about using their technology and smart pricing score.

The thing that our upstream provider has over us is conversion scores on keyword basis. They even know what advertisers don't have conversion tracking enabled. So it is a possibility they know just what to place on the domains that are bad quality. :)

They also have revenue/RPM for their keywords. We only get back revenue per domain. But we can estimate what a keyword is worth after gathering a lot of data, which I what I've been doing.

They sort of have a point and I hope their choice of keywords continues to improve is my only wish.

However, I'm not convinced the future of domain parking is in text ads. And that is what I'll be focusing on next.

To evirtual1: You have a great point. We've had those templates actually but I didn't add them in the final version as design was not as good as the ones we launched.

I think in about 60-90 days I'll start getting designers to design better templates based on these new templates except even larger (probably 1280px width this time).

•••
Matt_Bodis said:
Steve: There is definitely domains that do better with custom keywords. Most do better with either custom user keywords or our system keywords.

Matt. I thought you said in other posts that Google mostly ignores both custom keywords and system keywords, and use only their own keywords?

•••
Correct. They do use their own keywords.

But what I am saying is that custom keywords on many domain would do better if we had the option to set them, which we don't.

•••
stats seems slow to update today 24th Jan is their some sort of maintenance going on?

•••
Correct. They do use their own keywords.

But what I am saying is that custom keywords on many domain would do better if we had the option to set them, which we don't.

I agree with that. But it's a moot point :)

•••
stats seems slow to update today 24th Jan is their some sort of maintenance going on?

I'm not seeing a slow down currently.

Please let me know your account email over PM so I can look into it.

•••
Hi Matt,

I was trying to use some of the templates for few of my domains but I don't see anything, when I click open the domain or even type the domain in Google nothing change, all are the same, text adds from Google. Can you please advise what I do wrong?

Thanks.

•••
Which domains are you setting and what templates?

Sometimes our slave servers are delayed by up to 1-2 minutes for any changes. Have you tried waiting a minute or two?

Please let me know and I'll look into it for you.

•••
•••
I was going to ask if we can see how a domain are earning money over time and where does traffic come and go.

Guess what, it's in the new interface. It's awesome. Now I know that I got tons of my domains deindexed by google and that's where the drop of traffic comes from :'(

At least I know what's wrong. Wow. with bodis I do not need an extra tracking mechanism :laugh:.

Definitely should send some or all of your traffic to bodis, at least for the awesome stats.

Last edited:
•••
Hello! I've received an inquiry for one of my domains via the Bodis inquiry system. But there is no any offer in the copy of the sender's inquiry, I see the name and email adress only! Is it ok or not? May be offer was missed? Is it possible for buyers to do inquiries without offers?

•••
Hello! I've received an inquiry for one of my domains via the Bodis inquiry system. But there is no any offer in the copy of the sender's inquiry, I see the name and email adress only! Is it ok or not? May be offer was missed? Is it possible for buyers to do inquiries without offers?

I am sure i have received emails without offers via bodis

•••
To Domainer_1: Yes they can inquire without offers. It is an optional field.

That will soon be changed as we drastically change the "offer" system in the next 3-6 weeks. :)

•••
Hi Matt,

2 important tools:
1. Check if domains are adult or not. By the way, dating is adult while unclothedfemale is not. Go figure. I am tempted to buy more unclothedfemale domains but fear it'll be very costly.
2. Portfolio folders. Say I bought 100 domains (is buying another 100 now). I want to know how that 100 domains perform. I also want to know if I use a slightly different seo method, which one works better or not. I can't do that without portfolio managers.

Last edited:
•••
How do you think you can seo parked domains that do not offer keyword option? ......love to know

•••
•••
Please PM me to please I didn't think you can SEO a parked domain.

•••
Please PM me too, I would like to know how it is possible to seo my domains!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back