news Bloomberg: Ethereum.com Domain Name Can Be Yours for About $10 Million

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Want to jump on the cryptocurrency bandwagon but afraid it’s become too much of a bubble? Check out the internet site domain name market, where speculation may be just as rampant.

Ethereum.com is listed for sale on a marketplace called Uniregistry Market for about $10 million. In October, eth.com sold for $2 million -- possibly the highest price for a crypto-related monikers, according to Domain Name Journal. Many of the sites with names referencing bitcoin and ether, the two biggest digital currencies, could have been registered for as little as $10 not too long ago.

“The unfettered euphoria I see around bitcoin/cryptocurrency/blockchain reminds me a lot of the atmosphere I saw in the period preceding the dotcom bust around 2001,” said Ron Jackson, editor and publisher of Domain Name Journal. “However, dotcoms came back and had bigger years than ever in the mid 2000s, so even a bursting bubble isn’t necessarily a final death knell for a given asset.”
Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back