Dynadot

Blogspot to dot com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Joe Caramel

Account Closed
Impact
I have a blogger blog, is it possibe to buy a domain for it and then somhow sell it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You cannot transfer the content to a new domain from blogspot as i know.

•••
Of course you can change your blogspot.com with your own domain and you can sell to another blogger account owners :)

•••
you say it can be done? how would it work with the content being on blogspot? you would have to redirect the blogspot to the dot com then wouldnt there be duplicate content? the blog would have to be published using blogger and would have to give buyer acsess to this...think it might be more work then its worth

•••
both could be done you can go to settings -> publishing to be able to point your domain to blogspot and remove the google toolbar on the site i think or a better way is import your blog to wordpress on your own server. :)

•••

Yes,

You can create a custom domain for your blog. There are instructions on blogger for each of the major registrars, and you can do this without transferring your content.

All of the blogs listed in my signature are blogspot blogs for which I have created a custom domain.

It's fairly easy to do, but slightly different for each registrar.

Then when you want to sell (after getting your money tucked safely into your account), you can sell and transfer the domain to the buyer as you normally would. And then you can send an invitation to the buyer to become a team member of the blog. Once he or she accepts, you make that person an administrator with directions for him or her to delete you as a team member.

Just make sure that your adsense has been turned off before doing this.

The buyer will probably have to redo the instructions for creating a custom domain.

Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
Ok thanks for your input everyone. Would you go ahed with this? I have a few blogger blogs with PageRank and tons of backlinks/inlinks thinking buyers would be into this if I can figure out how to pull off the details and make the sale..
Thanks again

•••
Ok thanks for your input everyone. Would you go ahed with this? I have a few blogger blogs with PageRank and tons of backlinks/inlinks thinking buyers would be into this if I can figure out how to pull off the details and make the sale..
Thanks again
You will probably get some noob interest. Just make sure you say that it's easy to transfer ownership of the Blogspot account.

•••
you can change your blogspot.com with your own domain and you can sell to another blogger account owners

Last edited:
•••
TheSopranosBlog.blogspot.com think I could sell this? it gets traffic, has page rank, tons of inlinks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back