Dynadot

domain BlindPig.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this name 10 years ago because I just liked the name. I'm finally thinking of doing something with it. Any advice on what it is worth and what can be done to make it more valuable? It may sound odd coming from a guy having a domain name for 10 years but I'm a new to this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Try a Google Search for ideas

•••
Any advice on what it is worth and what can be done to make it more valuable?

Love the domain. Bunch of bars and restaurants with that name so if you are looking to sell, you might be able to get a few $K for it.

Ideas for development would be Blues Music Site, BBQ site, A going out blog, Restaurant/music reviews. The domain was born out of the expression "Even a bling pig finds and acorn sometimes" to explain luck (For the beneift of thread readers who may not be familiar). Use that theme in some way as a part of development to maximize its value.

•••
I think there is no valuable thing in this domain name, e.g keyword, etc

•••
Rumait, Keyword wise I agree as for it's value it is there. With a little research you will see that google returns several results for the term "Blind Pig" such as eateries, bars and more. It's more of a niche related domain instead of a strong keyword domain.

Daz, I agree with Mr Spartan work the bar/food scene so to speak and see if they would be interested in acquiring it if you want to sell it. If not his development ideas make sense.

•••
•••
•••
Its a premium domain. At least 2K$++

I would develop it some humour related

•••
Thanks Mr Spartan

Thanks for your response. I got this name because I was reading a National Geographic article about Ernest Hemingway and how he used frequent this bar named Blind Pig in Key West. The name really intrigued me so I looked it up. I was quite surprised that no one had registered it, so I did. Now I can see there are quite a few businesses with the same name but the question is how to put a value on it? You seem to know about domain names, so how much would you pay for it if it was offered? Thanks again for taking an interest.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Hi Adam. Rumait has a point about keywords. Blind Pig really has little commercial value if people are searching for an actual "blind pig." I can safely say that would be a very small market. However as you say, some words combined has a different meaning and thus other values. I guess for people who are trying to make money in domain name business, the trick is coming up with words that has little value on their own (or already taken) but put together creates value. But how do you figure out the value without actually finding a buyer?

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Hi bmugford,

Are you suggesting to contact these businesses and offer to sale the name? If a business already have a website with a domain name, would they buy a better name even though their website is already established?

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Discussion vs. Appraisal: What ever mis chiff says. :hehe: Thanks Wendy.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Thanks Bastin. "Blind Pig Comedy Club" A pig, a horse, and a cow walks into this bar and the bartender says......:hehe: I may have to work on that.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back