Dynadot

.biz .Biz Pending Delete

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm watching a .biz that has been on pending delete since the 10th of Dec. Isn't it supposed to drop after 6 days or is there a different rule for this TLD? Registrar is NETPIA.COM - never heard of them.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It seems that .biz never drop!

•••
Originally posted by unregistered
It seems that .biz never drop!

You mean it takes forever right? They do drop?

•••
When it targeted to drop, you will see Scheduled for release instead of Pending deletion. Its about 5 days down actually release once you see this.

•••
The way I understand it .Biz has two levels

"Pending Delete - Restorable" which is basically Redemption Period, it runs for 30 days

Then it moves to Pending Delete - Scheduled for Release
which is the same as Pending Delete for .com/.net

•••
I think it depends on the registrar. I had one today that dropped on the exact day it was supposed to. I have several others that should have dropped many weeks ago that the status hasn't changed on since I put backorders on them.

There are rules, but I don't think anyone is enforcing them, leaving it up to the registrar. Some may be holding them longer hoping for a renewal. Some may just not be processing them punctually.

•••
Originally posted by CenterPoint
The way I understand it .Biz has two levels

"Pending Delete - Restorable" which is basically Redemption Period, it runs for 30 days

Then it moves to Pending Delete - Scheduled for Release
which is the same as Pending Delete for .com/.net

I doubt that applies to .BIZ. As far as I know, the Pending Delete statuses are used only by the .COM, .NET & .ORG registries.

As for .BIZ, I don't really know. It's an administrative thingie, of course.

•••
I get it! it just goes through more stages.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back