Dynadot

.biz .BIZ Domain Names ???

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone,
I don't see so many .biz domains sold for high price. Don't People like this extension ? I think this extension is good too, its much better than .info. My question is that LLL.biz domains are worth anything or just reg fee ? And also, how much that would be for LLLL.biz ( 4 letters but has meaning such as : junk.biz, stop.biz...) ?
Thanks alot

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.biz is a good extension for a one-worder end user who does not want to spend any money in the resale market trying to reg a .com equivalent and where the .biz extension does not appear to detract from the perceived seriousness of the business....................

•••
Turnaround.biz ... $2088 (Sedo)

•••
Unity.biz. ... $4000 (Sedo)

Greetings.biz ... $4555 (Sedo)

•••
biz slang for tit -- in Arabic

I have the domain name bzaz.biz which is equivalent to tits.tit as biz means tit in Arabic slang

•••
elmousa68 said:
I have the domain name bzaz.biz which is equivalent to tits.tit as biz means tit in Arabic slang
You learn something new everyday.

Great name for an ornithology site. :D

•••
-db- said:
Something interesting...

Many people (even most of my own friends whom I agree with about most things) don't like .biz because they say it sounds cheap, or unprofessional, like a poor 'slang' word for "business"... and yet I've never felt that way myself. To me, it always felt natural. Certainly not unnatural.

I don't think you can write-off .biz just yet.

It still seems like an extension that's sleeping to me, waiting...

My impression has been that .biz is "trying too hard", kind if like someone who wants to sound hip, so they use words that were cutting edge one too many years ago.

Yet, regardless of the extension, there always seems to be a market for top tier keywords. "Lawyer.biz" doesn't sound professional, IMO, but I imagine that domain would fetch a scintillating price.

Although I might argue the value of domains in that extension, I can't argue that the demand for top keywords isn't there.

•••
RogueWriter said:
My impression has been that .biz is "trying too hard", kind if like someone who wants to sound hip, so they use words that were cutting edge one too many years ago.
Cool it, Daddio! :hehe:

•••
reasoning:
wap.biz - $2,000 has meaning
crm.biz - $7,800 has meaning
ezz.biz - $140 simply an acronym

LLL.biz will eventually have value in business as acronyms. .biz is somewhat narrower in scope to make the name fit the extension. "info" means the same thing in many languages, "biz" is primarily an English term.

Biz is a buy and hold type TLD as it's day hasn't come yet. I think it will though when the other extensions get saturated.

Also, even the registrars tend to list in this order:
com
net
org
info
biz
name

therefore, people tend to think of biz as very low on the totem pole.

•••
may.biz just sold at Moniker's auction. I'd have to double check, but I believe the selling price was $590.

PS I actually got a C&D from a company wanting a LLL.biz. Notwithstanding their arguments being off-base, I chuckled that for the same price they paid a lawyer to draft the letter they could have had the domain if they just made me an offer.

•••
AdoptableDomains said:
reasoning:
wap.biz - $2,000 has meaning
crm.biz - $7,800 has meaning
ezz.biz - $140 simply an acronym

LLL.biz will eventually have value in business as acronyms. .biz is somewhat narrower in scope to make the name fit the extension. "info" means the same thing in many languages, "biz" is primarily an English term.

Biz is a buy and hold type TLD as it's day hasn't come yet. I think it will though when the other extensions get saturated.

Also, even the registrars tend to list in this order:
com
net
org
info
biz
name

therefore, people tend to think of biz as very low on the totem pole.

Some xlnt points Mark. I just checked and found I have only 37 dot biz names,
but almost all fit the ext well.
None are the one word powerhouse type names that will fetch the High Dollar,
but they will work in a developed setting.

And that I think is is the key.

As cera mentioned, in the beginning dot biz was a spam and scam paradise.
With many reg houses offering them at discout rates a ton were bought up with one purpose in mind....
and it wasnt pretty.

Now however, I see a future in these names from both sides of the fence...
maturation, and development.

You want to increase the value of the dot biz ext... bottom line, start building real sites.

Of course, thats true with any ext... and I could follow my own advice as well,
because looking down the spread sheet... all mine are parked.

hmmmm :red:

I believe that is just about to change.
Thanks to the OP for starting this thread and rep given where due.

Peace,
Cyberian

EDIT: I just saw this....

fonzie_007 said:
may.biz just sold at Moniker's auction. I'd have to double check, but I believe the selling price was $590.

PS I actually got a C&D from a company wanting a LLL.biz. Notwithstanding their arguments being off-base, I chuckled that for the same price they paid a lawyer to draft the letter they could have had the domain if they just made me an offer.
That is toooooooo funny!!!!!

Last edited:
•••
Arthur.biz ... $3861 (Sedo)

•••
I willl launch my 1st .biz site in a few days. Not sure would be welcome or not, but would try my best :)

•••
Carlton said:
Traffic.biz ... $8000 at Afternic
Huh?
Carlton said:
Turnaround.biz ... $2088 (Sedo)
Whats this?
Carlton said:
Unity.biz. ... $4000 (Sedo)
Greetings.biz ... $4555 (Sedo)
Now I'm confused...
Carlton said:
Arthur.biz ... $3861 (Sedo)
Hang on folks, I might be om to something here... some lists, words mixed with numbers and places...this very well may be a pattern of some kind... like a clue...
a clue?

hmmmm... I'll ask, stand back tho... he might be knowledgable... and we wouldnt want to get any of that on us....

Carlton, are you trying to tell us something? Really, if you have some kind of insight here please share and stop confusing us with all these obvious SALES of dot biz names... Its some secret code isn’t it? Or a trick... yes that’s what it is... a trick...

OMG, quick sell all your dot biz names NOW!, as they are obviously worthless... reg fee at best.

I know a real lamer that will by this junk off of you...
contact [email protected] <<< he’s really a dumba$$
so dump it all!!!!

And Carlton, man what are you doing bringing in FACTS and actual SALES?
39 second ban for intelligent posting... don’t let this happen again. >:(

Peace,
Cyberian

Imagine ... bringing true facts to a thread... the nerve.

•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
... And Carlton, man what are you doing bringing in FACTS and actual SALES?
39 second ban for intelligent posting... don’t let this happen again. >:( ... Imagine ... bringing true facts to a thread... the nerve.
:lol:-, and ...

Auto-Insurance.biz for $1730 USD (Sedo), not bad for a dotBIZ hyphen

•••
Ace.biz ... $2300 (Sedo)

•••
Pretty Girl Gets the Dates

If the dot-biz were only one of two or three domains in circulation, it might have become more popular. I'ts resulting popularity, however, might be due in part now to there being so many other more appealing TLDs to choose from.

•••
There is obviously no doubt that sales are happening, that is true of pretty much any extension. The thing is the sales are in low volume and not particularly high priced, a dozen or so 4 figure sales over a period of months isn't saying much when we are talking about an entire extension. Of the newer extensions, .info, .us, .biz, .mobi, I think this one has done the worst by a wide margin.

•••
homebuyer said:
If the dot-biz were only one of two or three domains in circulation, it might have become more popular. I'ts resulting popularity, however, might be due in part now to there being so many other more appealing TLDs to choose from.

It's also supposed to have duplicated the same use as .com for business and commercial use. I think it will become more popular if they will hold off with more new TLD's for a few more years. Look at some of the new releases that have or will have stolen from its potential: .us, .eu, .asia, .pro, .travel, .jobs. Each of these has taken a little piece or niche of what could have ended up on .biz.

•••
snoop said:
...a dozen or so 4 figure sales over a period of months isn't saying much.
Not sure what your point is. You seem preoccupied with a glass half empty. All the alt's have been slow relative to .com ... but are finding greater acceptance/use everyday. dotBIZ sells.

•••
Some parked .biz domains have EPC of more than 1$

•••
snoop said:
The thing is the sales are in low volume and not particularly high priced, a dozen or so 4 figure sales over a period of months isn't saying much when we are talking about an entire extension.

You could say that about .com too. Yes there are considerably more .com sales reported each month, but there are probably over 20 million registered for resale compared to maybe less than a million each for .biz, and twice that for .info. That would be maybe 20-40 times the amount of .biz or info. I'd guess at a ratio of sales to names registered they may not be as far off as one might initially think.

snoop said:
Of the newer extensions, .info, .us, .biz, .mobi, I think this one has done the worst by a wide margin.

Agreed. One point I make is that all the others try to set themselves apart in doing at least something specialized differently than .com. .biz was strictly devised as a .com replacement and hasn't been well accepted because of that limitation. I believe strongly in .biz for very strict generics (i.e. Exterminating.biz, or JobPlacement.biz). Because .com will always trump .biz I think brandable .biz are just not really feasible, and that is a big limitation to available and sellable names.

•••
ses-group.biz ... $1875 (Sedo)

•••
AdoptableDomains said:
You could say that about .com too. Yes there are considerably more .com sales reported each month, but there are probably over 20 million registered for resale compared to maybe less than a million each for .biz, and twice that for .info. That would be maybe 20-40 times the amount of .biz or info. I'd guess at a ratio of sales to names registered they may not be as far off as one might initially think.

Take a look at the sales being reported by dnjournal, I think the ratio is very different. The number of .com regged compared to .biz is 40:1.

Dnjournal seems to be reporting around 300 .com sales over 2k each week, in .biz the number is generally 0-1.

•••
LakeHavasu.biz ... $2250 (DNJ listed)

SaltLakeCity.biz ... (Private sale/undisclosed)

Last edited:
•••
ebook.biz ... $1510 (Sedo)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back