Dynadot

news Bitcoin surpasses $10,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Isac

Top Member
Impact
If you invested $100 in bitcoin in 2010 it would now theoretically be worth $110 million.

If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

Some believe the inherent skepticism behind this little proverb keeps people from taking advantage of excellent opportunities.

Whether you like it or not, Bitcoin is in a gigantic speculative bubble.

The father of all cryptocurrencies is being bought for its speculative purposes only, as opposed to being purchased for the reason it was created in the first place: as a digital currency.

As long as its astronomical price growth continues to be driven by speculators, it’s in a bubble.

There’s no doubt about it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I am starting investing in “Petro” the new cryptocurrency as now the value is ridiculous, I bet in one year it will be multiplied by at least x10
Through which exchange are you buying it? TY

•••
Through which exchange are you buying it? TY
I am sorry maybe you guys missunderstood or I explained wrong so far. I would mean, I am adquiring all domains relating to “Petro” . I was surprised it was general avalabilty and today almost all gems registered, fortunately got like 20 “Petro” gems, which if in one year takes important rol on the market, I will make nice money. You can take a glimpsy at my portfolio: domainvale.com
and see what I am talking about.
(I engourage you to pick or reg. some, just in case.
Regards.

•••
HODL!

You ain't seen nothing yet. Watch BTC rise in 2018....

•••
HODL!

You ain't seen nothing yet. Watch BTC rise in 2018....

something like this.
"Spoiler Alert, Rise Of BTC"
"Coming Soon in 2018"
haha

•••
•••
YES, been accumulating and holding BTC since 2013.

•••
$100 in 2011 would equate to $4M today

•••
I was actually underwater on some of my BTC for a while in - I believe it was - 2015, and even some point in 2013 (although I also got some when it was pretty damn cheap at some points in 2013), but the moment I started accumulating at very beginning of 2013, I declared that I was in for the long haul. Still declare it today. Long haul.

When you’re in for the long haul you still get excited when the price goes up (and bummed when it goes down) but as the over all picture grows rosier and rosier these fluctuations don’t mean as much. I still believe that the over all trend is still UP from here.

Last edited:
•••
I live in Denmark and here most of the big banks will not accept money then they come from bitcoin because you can´t prove that they do not originate from some kind of illegal activity and the law prescribes that they can´t take part in a potential money laundering.

•••
keep in mind folks 90% of outstanding coins are owned by less than 1% of all holders - someone's getting very rich on the backs of the latecomers... hm... :dead:

•••
•••
keep in mind folks 90% of outstanding coins are owned by less than 1% of all holders - someone's getting very rich on the backs of the latecomers... hm... :dead:

That’s just some urban legend which even if repeated enough times doesn’t necessarily make it true. How could we know this? I have a gang of coins but in a completely untraceable anonymous blockchain that was created before they had these identification requirements. Logged in via proxy only. So how does anyone know whether I have 10 or 100 coins?

Many have them in hard wallet drives - anonymous wallets - which we also couldn’t necessarily know about.

What about people who have more than one untraceable anonymous wallet? So you’re saying that we somehow “know” that these wallets belong to the same person?

I’d say that even the number of people who have held consistently without selling any since 2013, like me, are in the vast minority. I’m sure most coins have changed hands millions of times over the past four to five years.

Last edited:
•••
That’s just some urban legend which even if repeated enough times doesn’t necessarily make it true. How could we know this? I have a gang of coins but in a completely untraceable anonymous blockchain that was created before they had these identification requirements. Logged in via proxy only. So how does anyone know whether I have 10 or 100 coins?

Many have them in hard wallet drives - anonymous wallets - which we also couldn’t necessarily know about.

What about people who have more than one untraceable anonymous wallet? So you’re saying that we somehow “know” that these wallets belong to the same person?

I’d say that even the number of people who have held consistently without selling any since 2013, like me, are in the vast minority. I’m sure most coins have changed hands millions of times over the past four to five years.

its recorded and made public apparently - not an urban legend

upload_2017-12-6_22-26-33.png

•••
•••
Those charts have been floating around for five years. If you go to any one of them at their actual posted articles on the web, below each article are learned comments dispelling them.

This fact alone, makes the data unreliable:
How do we know that anonymous wallets do not belong to the same person?

In other words, we see ten wallets with just one coin in them, and toss that into the bin of "ten poor folks" when, if in reality those ten wallets belong to one person, it actually means "one rich guy." We just can't know.

Last edited:
•••
It look likes Bitcoin will cross $ 50k mark easily

•••
Those charts have been floating around for five years. If you go to any one of them at their actual posted articles on the web, below each article are learned comments dispelling them.

In other words, we see ten wallets with just one coin in them, and toss that into the bin of "ten poor folks" when, if in reality those ten wallets belong to one person, it actually means "one rich guy." We just can't know.

those wallets have dates that are current, you can believe what you want, just posting what i see

•••

May i ask what exchange you use to buy and sell? Also do you use cold storage? Thank you

•••
The charts urlurl posted have been around for five years. They’ve been making these same claims for years now. Whether it’s a 2013 version or 2017 version same basic rehashed story.

I don’t sell btc I have only received but if I were to sell I would probably just find a local buyer and meet him to arrange the transfer of the entire accounts to him for verified funds although we’re at the point where the buyer would need to be a fund operator to be able to afford all my coins.

I keep my coins in an online wallet from the earlier days of btc this entity is completely anonymous and secure never been hacked but does not allow direct sales of the coins by US residents. I could transfer them into my coinbase account I keep a very small number of coins in coinbase too but: The selling limits imposed by coinbase if I were to transfer all my coins into it would take me too long to sell them all. Maybe that limit at coinbase would be raised if I started selling I don’t know.

Anyway I’m the wrong person to ask about btc trading I don’t trade I just receive and HODL. Perhaps sometime next year I’ll need to figure out an exit plan.

•••
Bitcoin is having a hard time in the last 5 days.
From 19.5K to 10.9K (almost 45% drop).

No wonder why most stores still refuse bitcoin.
They could go out of business in a day with such volatility.

•••
i feel bad for those who bought at $19k

•••
I feel bad for them if they (1) held all the way down from 19k and (2) dumped today but don’t cry for them if they did hold all this time and they sell at $25k next year.

The trick, after you end up way down in a position and assuming of course that you didn’t stop out, is not to sell the moment you’re back in the green, for example for $100. over your entry price. No, after having to wait all that time to get back in the green now the stock must wait for you, and you deserve better than a paltry profit.

I’ve really done this so long that swings like these don’t really phase me when I’m long term.

If I were a short term trader in btc then I wouldn’t have held from 19k to $15k anyway woulda exited at 18k. And reentered at some point.

You’re making assumptions based on (I assume) very low trading experience. Maybe the trader who entered at 19k sold at 19.5k. Or maybe he sold at 18.5k and lost but has bought and resold 100x since.

With trading the rule is to cut your losses the same way you cut your wins. If you’re just looking for a quick profit then you’d better be quick about exiting your losses too. Ideally you’re supposed to let your winners run and cut your losses quickly but then - that’s ideally and much easier said than done.

I could go on and on about trading but basically - you can’t really make assumptions about what traders have done or not done. They all have different styles.

Last edited:
•••
Go Ripple! Google Ventures have invested in XRP.

Stellar - IBM and Stripe invested in XLM.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back