NameSilo

Bitcoin Escrow Scam

Labeled as security in General Domain Discussion, started by HDmarketing, Jul 28, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Kuffy

Kuffy Name Stag VIP

Thanks for posting that.

I'm particularly interested, as I want to move to using Bitcoin as a sole payment option. I'll maybe add dome alts in the future. I've used Name Silo for escrow, but I think they may have removed the Bitcoin payment option. Obviously I can accept Bitcoin directly, but some buyers may want some form of security, and I've been reflecting in this. I thought of using senior members here, or on Bitcoin Talk who offer escrow services, but that may net help if the buyer is outside either of the communities. I'm still reflecting on the possibility of a multi-sig transaction, but I haven't worked out a viable method for that.

Another idea is to use the value of a forum account as a form of security. I don't know if my account here has a value, but I am Legendary, a merit source,and a Default Trust 1 member of Bitcoin Talk, and that account must be worth a few thousand dollars. I am unlikely to jeopardise those reputations over a domain sale. Maybe I should start a discussion about this.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. mdrn

mdrn ybrand.co Gold Account

Epik escrow allows for crypto transactions - https://www.epik.com/services/escrow/

And I believe Dan.com also allows for Bitcoin escrow

3. poweredbyme

poweredbyme Webmaster & Entrepreneur VIP

Secure Bitcoin escrow ways:

1- Put your domain to openbazaar and invite your buyer there. Openbazaar is a decentralized marketplace and has escrow. Openbazaar is free and open source.

2- Hire a reputable escrow in bitcoin forums.

Bitcoin escrow is the cheapest and most secure escrow.

Before using bitcoin, read about bitcoin philosophy.

Bitcoin is a p2p payment method. Always keep this in mind. You are one person and need only another person in order to use bitcoin, don't need centralized marketplaces and services.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  4. Reveron

Reveron New Member

Hi everyone, I got scammed by this same user yesterday - he's using a new site called cryptodust (dot) us
    Below I've provided all information I've collected about 'Chetan Patel', they're based in UK btw.

WHOIS (cryptodust (dot) us):
    Registrant Contact Information:
    Name
    Sun Jastin
    Address
    Masis
    City
    Dalan
    State / Province
    Shinjuku City
    Postal Code
    163-1390
    Country
    JP
    Phone
    +81 (dot) 369115000
    Fax
    +81 (dot) 369115000

The business number registered on the site:
    beta (dot) companieshouse (dot) gov (dot) uk/company/11096809/filing-history
    beta (dot) companieshouse (dot) gov (dot) uk/officers/fLlvYYOy10_zKWS4fJ6i983ZyDU/appointments
    beta (dot) companieshouse (dot) gov (dot) uk/company/11142787/filing-history

He also seems to run this:
    facebook (dot) com/TaibahPearlsUK/
    gramho (dot) com/media/2387399667438947408

More information about them:
    Chetan Patel - London
    Date of birth
    January 1985
    Registered office address changed from 94 Heacham Drive Leicester Leicestershire LE4 0LG United Kingdom to 3 Barling Road Leicester LE5 0AJ on 16 December 2019

See if anyone can find his face:
    uk (dot) linkedin (dot) com/pub/dir?firstName=Chetan&lastName=Patel&trk=public_profile_people-search-bar_search-submit

Hope I helped here. Hopefully this can get this loser caught and held by UK authorities and prevent others for getting scammed.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  5. ebiz

ebiz Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I just had some clown try to use cryptodust with me , I ran away fast , was on facebook

6. 4better

4better Established Domainer VIP

I have noticed a lot of people have still been victimized lately by scammers using fake bitcoin sites. For the domain names that were sold, victims were told to deposit a certain BTC amount so they can withdraw the money that the buyer has paid thru that site. After the victims have made the initial bitcoin deposit, they could never withdraw their money there. So the poor victims not only lose their domain names, they also lose their money.

Here's a sample list of the bitcoin sites managed by scammers. All of them basically have the same format/content and only the names (and fake addresses) are changed.

Watch out for these sites: CRYPTCOURT, SATOTRADE, ATHCRYPT, CREXSAT, UNDROMEDA, CREXBTC (ALL .COMS), KRYPTOESCROW (XYZ), CRYPTODAXEX (XYZ), CREX (EXCHANGE), MARKETDEFI (ORG), CRYPTODUST (US), EXPANCESWAP (COM). The last two, however, are currently no longer active.

7. KTC

KTC Established Member

As a person that used Flippa in the beginning and got scammed in that same exact manner, to see a company allow such things to happen and not put a stop to it is absolutely disgusting.

Lesson learned on my part and wish I knew better. What's crazy about that is that when I was scammed....it was roughly about 6-7 years ago? And this is still happening to this day? Wild.

EPIK and DAN would be the best options. Nothing else. If someone says use another site, run.

8. S8Power

S8Power Established Member

I can add this: Namecheap is doing absolutely nothing about it too. My domain was transferred to them almost 3 months ago (and I guess the scammers are using Namechap not only to host my domain....) and they are still "investigating" it. I have provided them with al the necessary documentation/information.
    Sad story.

9. Stevestan

Stevestan New Member

I posted before as got scammed and you can see my story early in the thread - funny thing is they are targeting me again. This time its a different email - Is the any way I can get a little back here - send them on a wild goose chase, give them the runaround or just generally waste their time by forwarding their email to someone, a service. etc. The name he is using is chunhua Xiaoming

10. Rabiul Tanmoy

Rabiul Tanmoy New Member

11. Rabiul Tanmoy

Rabiul Tanmoy New Member

Hello , I am Rabiul.
    Thanks for this informations.

12. themarketingabhishek

themarketingabhishek New Member

The same kinda person contacted me too and the lines were exactly the same, unfortunately, I got scammed and lost my domain, he contacted me on facebook.

13. Dominame

Dominame New Member

Hi all

Unfortunately being new to BTC but not new to online trading but I have fallen for this scam as well.
    I was targeted on flippa as well.
    I've only lost the domain, haven't lost any funds.
    Same operation as the examples above, transfer site looked legit but not knowing too much about BTC I fell for it.
    Tried to withdraw but site asked for a deposit from your destination BTC address to "verify" first.
    This seemed suspicious to me so I decided to research before transferring any funds in.
    Lucky found this thread before continuing and didn't lose any money.
    Lost the domain tho.
    Fake exchange site was changedeal.com which has now been taken down.
    I'm normally really good at fishing out scams but I guess an unfamiliar payment method has rattled me a bit and I've let my guard down.
    Scammers 🖕

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice