NameSilo

Bitcoin Escrow Scam

Labeled as security in General Domain Discussion, started by HDmarketing, Jul 28, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Sinh

Sinh Top Contributor VIP

Has he asked you to use Escrow service from www.cryptcourt.com right? I have had the same story but I rejected his suggestion to close deal via www.cryptcourt.com (Created: 2020-06-08). As my experience, I have never had any buyer who placed a high offer like that, that's why I know he is a scammer.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. slader23

slader23 Always On The Bleeding Edge. VIP

He's using CryptoDust.us now. What a loser lol.

3. Sinh

Sinh Top Contributor VIP

Nick "Jan Lean", is it right? :), he sent me "Hi again, I can offer $ 15500 on the condition that we conduct a transaction via bit-coin, the fact is that I live in China and in my country there are problems with paying abroad due to the policy in my country"

And finally he said: "only crypto escrow cryptodust. us"

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  4. S8Power

S8Power Established Member

OMG “Jan Lean” (and mean)...that’s the one, with exactly the same story.
    He led me to KryptoEscrow.xyz.
    Can’t believe I was so stupid.
    I guess I was desperate selling a name (again).

5. Bertrell

Bertrell Top Contributor VIP

I was approached in a similar manner about one of my listings on Flippa on/around 7/10/2020. Once they said they couldn't use DAN or Epik, that was pretty much the end of the discussion for me.

Shortly afterwards, I couldn't find the communication anywhere on Flippa either. But the email notifications pretty much tell the story. Same verbiage used as in OP's description. The username for the person in my case was "Jast Lin." After the offer was made to purchase with BTC (and I suggested DAN or Epik), this was what came next:

flippa3.png

Wasn't the first, and probably won't be the last. Steer clear of these types of "offers" at all costs.

6. mdrn

mdrn Upgraded Member Gold Account

Interesting, so whois info on CryptoDust (.us) --- DO NOT VISIT -- shows [email protected]

User here on NP @abyzer0001

Keeping in mind the whois info is most likely all fake information...

Whois info (partial below) shows a Japan address, so he/she managed to register it as a business organization.

"Registrant Application Purpose: P1
    Registrant Nexus Category: C11"

^ P1 represents a business organization, C11 means "A natural person who is a United States Citizen."

So this person is a US citizen...? Not sure how they verify this information or how .us verifies this. If someone can clarify how this works, that would be great.

Literally, the phone number they used is McDonald's Headquarters of Japan lol - https://numberjp.com/jp-number/0369115000 (reverse phone number search for Japanese numbers)

And searching "abyzer0001" on google brings up 10 results, one of them being this pinterest page - https://www.pinterest.com/abyzer0001 (notice the username)

On that page, you will see the website fyldeweb (.com) --- DO NOT VISIT -- being promoted. Now when you search "fyldeweb.com" on google, I found a Flippa page - https://flippa.com/10438615-fyldeweb-com

User has been banned from Flippa and goes under name of "akash dayal" according to the Flippa profile. Location of Flippa user says India. He was also selling a couple of other domain names on his profile which you can see.

Lastly, TrustedsReviews (.xyz) --- DO NOT VISIT -- is 100% connected to [email protected] because on the site there is a review from a user "abyzer0001". Remember, [email protected] was used as the whois email for the CryptoDust (.us) domain --- DO NOT VISIT -- And please keep in mind, all the reviews are fake, obviously.

[​IMG]

Someone else can investigate further...stay safe out there everyone.

7. Andy C

Andy C New Member

sad story: I just lost about 3175 USD because this scam. they lead me to cryptcourt .com, and the rest story is similar to yours, the difference is I was more stupid than you were, I send 0.26 BTC(worth about 3175 USD) in total to the wallet.
    I paid a lot for this lesson, damn it.

although there are many many signs that shows it might be a scam, but I'm blinded because of my greed. how stupid I was.

8. S8Power

Terrible. I am glad I did not transfer anything and just lost my 5L.com...

This topic should be in a pop-up screen when visiting Namepros😬

9. S8Power

See attachment

Attached Files:

10. Domain_savvy

Domain_savvy Established Member

Such scams might bring doubts in minds of buyers for genuine marketplaces utilizing crypto as a payment method.
    Just when crypto payments are gaining momentum,such scams hinder the growth.

11. mdrn

I'm sorry to hear Andy. Thanks for sharing.

Would you care to share the BTC address the scammer was using? By doing this, we can link other BTC addresses the scammer is using.

12. Andy C

Andy C New Member

yeah sure,
    here are the bitcoin addresses they are using:
    3NkNCnK9LY4J4yG3zgTLUpkNGZ85MkKK3q
    3D4TEZYt1626v3Yotnn9Xebh9CS2RA8u5m
    3KCcKxLZWT3f5JAfrM3g9RT4pbFVsyBUBn
    1GjhKEreUgRkWt6wNnRPwg3LNarUWEb4vj

image: i. imgur. com/LYBrJ8i. png

13. mdrn

thank you Andy!

14. S8Power

If this abyzer0001 is a US citizen he should be worried even more. I have contacted ftc.gov (for worldwide internet scams) already and other victims should do the same. Provide them with as many information as you can!

15. Snowmansk8

Snowmansk8 New Member

Wish I had found this thread before yesterday. Kryptoescrow.xyz, cryptcourt.com and the other one all lead to the same scam site. Pissed I usually wouldn’t fall for this kind of crap but the platform seemed legit until I read this thread. @Amidamary19 confirmed as the rope you in guy. Avoid transactions on flippa with this dude.

16. Snowmansk8

Snowmansk8 New Member

34bL4GvR4zJhpnXApZymZYFbtjXVxrR69e
    3283WEKNsrzmoPrjPmjXNY95JqrQYtt48n
    3Fn3t2DD6XPEfZmAFtTKZsW6fd4R87nRS6

Here are some additional addresses used by kryptoescrow. Luckily I only lost .1 bitcoin and not more like some others who deposited twice. Still I saw a number of searches where it looked good. And when searched as an exchange has a history going back to 2015. However next time I do a sale and if it is with bitcoin it’ll be done through a more reputable service. Like others now I’m like .....how stupid could I be?

17. Paul

Paul CTO, NamePros CTO VIP

I haven't read this thread, but the list of Bitcoin addresses caught my attention. Please note that most services use a fresh Bitcoin address for every transaction, so making a list is often a futile effort. There are some exceptions, such as "fake" ransomware (ransomware that is completely incapable of ever actually returning the files), but, generally, per-transaction addresses are needed for most services.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  18. mdrn

Correct, but you can see where they transfer the money and connect all their Bitcoin addresses together as it's a public ledger. I'm sure they use a mixer of some sort to cover their tracks but they seem to be messy since they're using "abyzer0001" on multiple scams.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  19. slader23

slader23 Always On The Bleeding Edge. VIP

Yep this guy isn't very smart imho.

20. April004

April004 Established Member

Why on the earth any legitimate buyer would pay almost 4x the minimum offer price without negations? I would have started with $1500, and not directly jumped to $5700 unless its some super-premium domain like cake.com, coffee.com or clothing.com!!

21. April004

April004 Established Member

Also, its quite easy to inflate real traffic to Google Analytics of any user (once you know their UA-XXXXX). So all those GA stats in domain-sales are many-a-time suspicious for "newly created" or "similar/mirror sites" or sometimes even for established sites with sudden spikes in traffic in GA, but on google/bing search there pages don't rank even in top 100 results!

22. S8Power

Also, if the stolen names all are with Namecheap (like mine) then it would be very easy for the Federal Trade Commission or similar organisation to go after his personal information. He will have to pay his registration or renewal fees from an ordinairy bank account and can’t use his stolen Bitcoins for that. Even if he would close this bankaccount right now he already has a problem.
    I have said it before but victims should file a complaint with ftc.gov and be as specific as possible.

23. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP

That would be convenient! Hope!! Thanks all!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  24. Princerajasthan

Princerajasthan Established Member

25. Andrey Bashta

Andrey Bashta New Member

I lost 800$ in Cryptcourt.com while selling the iOS app

Hopefully this fraudster will be prosecuted in some way. I fell into the trap of a scammer, just like the guys on this forum section. I prepared large material with facts, because Namepros doesn't allow me to attach videos, or at least images (it says that my message include links).

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice