Domain Empire

domains Binance Emerges Victorious in Cybersquatting Battle for binance.ae Domain, Leaving Buyer at a $300,000 Loss

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Pusang Gala

NoyPi DomainerTop Member
Impact
Cryptocurrency exchange Binance emerges victorious in a cybersquatting dispute over the domain binance.ae, originally purchased for $300,000 by Kirill Zalipaev in 2021. Zalipaev attempted to sell the domain to Binance for over a million dollars, prompting the exchange to file a cybersquatting claim. Despite Zalipaev's misunderstanding of trademark laws and .ae domain policies, World Intellectual Property Organization panelist Scott Blackmer highlighted the domain's value to Binance. Zalipaev, without legal representation, lost the case, forfeiting a domain he once paid a hefty sum for. :banghead::banghead:

https://domainnamewire.com/2024/01/...e-ae-domain-name-which-loser-bought-for-300k/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wonder how someone so dumb got $300k in the first place.

Binance is the largest crypto exchange in the world with a very recognizable brand. Sitting on a domain that's an EXACT match of the brand and asking for a million bucks is just dumb.

At least he didn't waste more money by getting an attorney.

Any news on Binance.ca? That's a hilarious one.

•••
I wonder how someone so dumb got $300k in the first place.

Binance is the largest crypto exchange in the world with a very recognizable brand. Sitting on a domain that's an EXACT match of the brand and asking for a million bucks is just dumb.

At least he didn't waste more money by getting an attorney.

Inherited it maybe? He really should keep a lawyer on retainer for advice on buying anything over the price of a Big Mac.

Nobody at Sedo flagged this sale? I wonder if a broker was involved?

•••
•••
A Fool And His Money Are Easily Parted

•••
If I was there, I must choose the way to negotiate and sell it in profit. Domaining is not gambling.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back