IT.COM

BIN Sweet Spot

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BIN Prices Where You Get The Most BIN Sales

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Between - 100 and 500

votes
    58.3%
  • Between - 500 and 1000

vote
    8.3%
  • Between - 1000 and 1500

votes
    25.0%
  • Between - 1500 and 2000

vote
    8.3%
  • Between - 2000 and 2500

votes
    16.7%
  • Between - 2500 and 3000

vote
    8.3%
  • Between - 3000 and 3500

votes
    0.0%
  • Between - 3500 and 4000

votes
    0.0%
  • Between - 4000 and 4500

votes
    0.0%
  • Between - 4500 and 5000

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Cdomains

Top Member
Impact
When you set a BIN at the marketplaces (Afternic, Sedo, etc.),

what is the sweet spot, or the average price where you get the most BIN sales?

For me it is about $2,000 to $2,400.

What is the BIN price or range of BIN prices where you get the most BIN sales?

Please do not include anything other than BIN's at marketplaces like Afternic, Sedo, etc.

Do not include outbound sales or make offer, just BIN's at Marketplaces. :xf.smile:

I am going to limit this to 5k, because I think this is the limit for many, where we start to use a "make offer" instead.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Come on Guys!

Anybody else.

•••
We are talking about BINS for domains listed and sold at marketplaces like Afternic and Sedo, and not sales from outbound marketing.

•••
This is an interesting discussion but I think it doesn't reflect well because average selling prices for .coms are different from .others. If this discussion is for .coms, then this bin sweet spot depends on the quality of the portfolio. I guess you sell 2000 to 2400 only for .coms and they are in medium to low quality. For me, I use 1500 to 2000, maybe leaving some money on the table, I don't know.

•••
Not sure if you will get enough feedback here, you can try Namebio filtering out the venues that are not of interest to you.

•••
When you set a BIN at the marketplaces (Afternic, Sedo, etc.),

what is the sweet spot, or the average price where you get the most BIN sales?

For me it is about $2,000 to $2,400.

What is the BIN price or range of BIN prices where you get the most BIN sales?

Please do not include anything other than BIN's at marketplaces like Afternic, Sedo, etc.

Do not include outbound sales or make offer, just BIN's at Marketplaces. :xf.smile:

I am going to limit this to 5k, because I think this is the limit for many, where we start to use a "make offer" instead.

This is a subject that's been on my mind for a while.

I had to admit the tendency to be "greedy" is rampant in domaining and I'm sometimes on this tendency.

But at thee end of the day it's all about paying the bills as we are not in this biz to lose money yes? I use to think based on Namebio sales that some of my domains will hit six figures but I guess that's every domainers "dream"

but tell you the truth. turning a $1.99 or even $15 investment into $1000-$2500. is not exactly chump change.

You might be leaving room on the table. sure. But don't lose sleep thinking about it.

Be like the Shark.

"Always keep moving. Or die."

(This is true of sharks and should be true of Domainers.)

Every day,every week,every month you should be making sales. out of your 100 domains 20 (at most) should be your "reach for the sky" domains the rest? should be your "pay your bills" domains and make tiny profit for renewals.

Don't get greedy. Make money. I already learned my lesson countering a $5K on a domain I registered this year. Stupid stupid stupid.

So don't get greedy with your BIN prices and you should do well. a $2000 sale from a $10 reg price? is a 20000% return on your investment.

•••
This is an interesting discussion but I think it doesn't reflect well because average selling prices for .coms are different from .others. If this discussion is for .coms, then this bin sweet spot depends on the quality of the portfolio. I guess you sell 2000 to 2400 only for .coms and they are in medium to low quality. For me, I use 1500 to 2000, maybe leaving some money on the table, I don't know.

Yes, I was only thinking of dot coms.

I should have included that.

As I said in my post, I think when you get to about 5k I think most would use a "make offer" instead of a BIN, because the quality of these names would be good enough to to do this.

I think domainers who have the most premium names might use a broker instead of listing them with a BIN at a market place.

Therefore you will tend to see the "bread and butter", or low to medium quality names listed at the market places more than the premium names.

So, naturally the low to medium names will out number the premium names listed at BIN and this would result in more sales of the latter.

I think looking at the sweet spot for a market like Buy/Domains, for example, you can see the average sale is for the medium to lower quality names, and they seem to make these sales every day.

Of course they have a lot of names so this also is a factor.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back