IT.COM

discuss BILLION DOLLAR company wants my domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BlackCatsAreNice

Established Member
Impact
yes, you heard it. suukkkaaasss. sukio. suke you. yo mo.

domaining is a gamble for sure.

tomorrow something may come along that wipes away the whole core of that it means to own domains and their value could drop to nil.

but as with any form of risk and chance, sometimes you get lucky. well do you punk?!! clint eastwood doesn't mess around. he's no kid. he's your daddy. you are the beta and always will be. you.

my luck is that i am deciding how many zeroes i wanna add to my ask for a domain i practically hand reg'ed.

in fact, i remember distinctly deciding if i wanted to pay for the renewal some years back.

glad i did. because said domain is now my meal ticket. my retirement plan.

good luck with getting lucky sukas!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The biggest companies take months to negotiate, if your hunch is right, be patient and stick to your number. Just don't count your eggs before they're laid!

Last edited:
•••
Nice, well done. I assume you got an email from a business email of the company if you know who they are.

Remember, as Dan said, this can take ages so dont expect a quick deal.

•••
•••

tomorrow something may come along that wipes away the whole core of that it means to own domains and their value could drop to nil.

but as with any form of risk and chance, sometimes you get lucky. well do you punk?!! clint eastwood doesn't mess around. he's no kid. he's your daddy. you are the beta and always will be. you.

my luck is that i am deciding how many zeroes i wanna add to my ask for a domain i practically hand reg'ed.

in fact, i remember distinctly deciding if i wanted to pay for the renewal some years back.

glad i did. because said domain is now my meal ticket. my golden piss on you and yours parachute. my retirement plan.

ask trillion dollars then
good luck!!

•••
Haha best post in Np history!! :cigar:

•••
I have several names that "billion dollar companies" have emailed me about.

Note. There is a reason why people or companies became Billionaires.

I have experience with dealing with millionaires and billionaires in past jobs.

Unless you can sell them something tangible they can show off the next day? Good luck selling for 5-6 figures your domain.

When it comes to anything business related they are CHEAP.

Want to know what these people will pay big money for and won't even bother haggling?

Lambos, yachts,cigars,women, homes, suits, food.

Most even have a "budget" for their "side pieces"/ goomah.

Ask them to pay $10 for printer ink? They will haggle till the cows come home just to get it for $9 or $6.

Just imagine for a domain that they have no clue what the price should be?

Good luck!

•••
Seems you got a keyword rich name facker!

Good luck and happy 2020! 🤞🏼

•••
That famous idiom springs to mind.........

images

•••
•••

glad i did. because said domain is now my meal ticket. my retirement plan.

You should ask someone experienced to help you.
Before you blow up everything with what you are about to say.

•••
I have seen a company which was spending six figures monthly on attorney's fees, six figures monthly on IT-related costs which had a private jet to take executives to meetings, which flew dozens of managers offsite to an annual meeting (plus hotel, rental car and meals), spent five figures monthly on Google Adwords merely to promote the division I was working in, yet were handregging crap domains that you might see from a newbie in their first few months of domaining. Most of the world places little value on domains. Of course they would prefer shorter domains with letters or keywords that pertain to their business. But they generally do not view them worthy of spending much money. The big sales we see reported are outliers / lottery winners. Who would advise investing in lottery tickets with payouts that rarely go above $25k and more often pay $xxx?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back