Dynadot

Big sale = Big traffic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
obviously names that sell for a high amount are usually common words/typeins and they receive high traffic already, but when a name goes for a high amount, like america.org, etc. It is plastered all over the DN sites: here and other forums, dnjournal, my site :hehe: , and others. High sales result is a jump in traffic. So I was just thinking, lets say you wanted a name worth xx,xxx and you had the money would you buy the name for a lil xtra knowing it will be plastered all over the internet

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Or....
Just stage a fake sale in hopes it will be "plastered all over".
Happens alot, doesn't it?

•••
I don't the increase in traffic is going to make anyone pay $1000 more for a domain then they would've originally.

•••
^ well you might be right but the common domains like cat.com or frog.net are taken.

•••
If the "plastering" generates 100,000 visitors
At a $1CPM, that's only $100
Even at a $10CPM (Down boy, down) that's a $1000
So, no.

•••
death_blade99 said:
^ well you might be right but the common domains like cat.com or frog.net are taken.

I don't understand your comment. I'm not saying people won't pay over $1000 for a domain... I'm saying they're not going to pay an extra $1000 on top just because it'll be plastered everywhere.

•••
^oh...ok I would probably pay a little extra but not $1000!! maybe 400-700.

•••
Jeanco said:
I don't understand your comment. I'm not saying people won't pay over $1000 for a domain... I'm saying they're not going to pay an extra $1000 on top just because it'll be plastered everywhere.

some people do alot of crazy things to satify their ego.
especially if money is not a concern.

•••
^that true but i wouldnt pay an extra thousand. I meen how much are you gonna buy the domain for?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back