Dynadot

Big company wants to take without reason my domain. What to do?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alksanya

Established Member
Impact
The company name is "SOCIEDAD AUSTRAL DE ELECTRICIDAD S.A." and they want to rob me and get my domain "sa.cl" through the court. What to do?
I attached the document (their charges for court)

Attachments

• !rol_71418_ec29202c-b936-4860-a64c-a35b881c2bde.txt
    32.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you want to fight and can afford it, get a lawyer.
If you want to fight but can't afford a lawyer, do your research and try to defend yourself.

If you don't want to fight, offer to transfer the domain before the dispute escalates, as having your name attached to a lost dispute won't do any good to your reputation.

CL regulations are here:
https://www.nic.cl/normativa/reglamentacion-eng.html

Notwithstanding the provisions above, any of the following circumstances, in particular but without limitation, shall serve as evidence and proof that the assignee of the disputed domain name did not act in bad faith:

a. The assignee demonstrates use of, or preparations to use, the domain name in connection with a bona fide offering of goods or services under said name; or

b. The assignee is commonly known by the domain name, even if said assignee is not the holder of such trademark or service mark; or

c. The assignee is making a legitimate noncommercial or fair use of the domain name, with no intention of obtaining commercial gain or misleading consumers.
Looks like you don't have any kind of live project on the domain name so this isn't going to be easy for you. While there is no direct prohibition of registering domains for resale, its safer to assume that by default the arbitrator isn't likely to have much sympathy to your cause.

•••
•••
Thank you! I attached charges for court in english to this post. I don't want to be and will not be a mean person and will not sell this domain. I did not violate the rights of the plaintiff, but he claims that when people search the Internet for SOCIEDAD AUSTRAL DE ELECTRICIDAD S.A. they go to the SA.SL domain. I consider this a fictitious reason, and if the domain is taken away from me through the courts, you will know how easy it is to take away any .CL domain without a reason in Chile.

Attachments

• sa_cl in english.txt
    32.9 KB · Views: 38
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back