IT.COM

Beware of Arab (affiliates) bearing gifts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Badger

Ravaged By AgeVIP Member
Impact
Just a point of note for my fellow NP'ers

Been using affiliate partners for some time now and have some interesting reflections. (well, i guess you'll tell me if theyre interesting or not)

[sidenote - I have many active websites covering a multitude of subjects.]

1. Affiliates who are only selling low value goods to your customers (who in turn only pay you a low commission($2 per sale)) are not worth bothering about. This is because they have a minimum cheque value of say $50 and you can bet your bottom dollar that the vast majority of referral sites never reach that amount - thus they never have to pay for the business provided.
2. Travel package companies and insurance companies offering big commissions should also be avoided at all cost unless its on a ppl deal (which is as rare as hens teeth) - this is because once you refer your customer it is common place for them to encourage your customer to leave a tel no and then they call the customer back to finalise the deal thus rendering your cookie useless.

:blink:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thanks for the tips buddy!

•••
NH-Benjamin said:
What do you mean? I am not sure if I get what you mean but if its against arabs or people of the middle east I just have to say shame on you.... our ceo is Iraqi in fact his father fought sadaam hussein and his father is one of the biggest business men in iraq and I must say middle eastern people are loyal, respectful and kind and I try to outsource business to the middle east not because its cheaper but because its better quality alot of the time.

See what I mean about being careful with what you say concernign possible misunderstandings?

•••
about the same Spike.... Funnily enough :)

Its a popular hub for a UK carrier 'Flybe' so most of the commission comes from them..... But at $3.50 a sale, its hard work!

•••
ya anthony, but I cant say this would be collieri's fault. People are just way to sensitive these days. Anytime someone says something they are accused of being racist or whatever, and 99% of the time wrongly so. Its a shame when freedom fo speech takes a back seat to not wanting to hurt someones feelings.

its a sad sad sad world we've created.

•••
Actually, colleri makes a good point. It may be counter-intuitive, but in a situation where unrelated ads make more money than ads that somehow tie-in to the site's content, it would make more sense to go for the unrelated ads. The only reason we place themed ads is because we assume that there would be more clickthroughs, hence more $$. But if this isn't the case ...

Of course, there are lines that should not be crossed. While its probably ok to place gambling ads on a health site, it won't do to place adult ads on a kids site.

•••
•••
Ian ~

Thanks for offering the aff tips, I sure hope your right because I need to pay off my MasterCharge the $1,500 I lost at your Poker Site... :$: :'( :$:
(Who wrote that poker strategy tutorial? There are a couple of typo's.)

Really though, are there specific affiliate partners that consistantly draw more interest because of the product or service they offer?

What about a software product like Winrar, that could work on just about any Site regardless of the content.

Please share one or two of your bighitters so we might get a better picture why content wouldnt have much effect on banner choice.

Thanks bro, your threads always get people thinking.

You do like to stir it up.
Peace, kp

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back