Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Need your help in appraising •DO domain name. Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Very nice. If people could get used to seeing the .do, could be worth a lot of money. I also like the name "bet do". Pretty positive, and actually means something and is a call to action.

•••
Very nice. If people could get used to seeing the .do, could be worth a lot of money. I also like the name "bet do". Pretty positive, and actually means something and is a call to action.
Thank you very much for this opinion. I took this name exactly with the same intention: to play with DO as a brandable part.

What could be your price estimate?

•••
Hi,

I would say a name like this could fetch $1500-$2500 reseller and $2000-$5000 or more for an end user.

The name is creative, but arguably, it is made a little awkward because the verb is at the end. Still, an interesting identity for someone in the betting world and the "bonus" for such a buyer could be that the name is governed by the Dominican Republic?

•••
Hi,

I would say a name like this could fetch $1500-$2500 reseller and $2000-$5000 or more for an end user.

The name is creative, but arguably, it is made a little awkward because the verb is at the end. Still, an interesting identity for someone in the betting world and the "bonus" for such a buyer could be that the name is governed by the Dominican Republic?
Thanks for response - I appreciate it.

Any known issue with DR?

As for "creativity" for sure Any.do is creative use of Do at the end - there are some others like Tomorrow.do, but as for mine, I think it very much depends on end use of the name. I have some other names like Apps or Vodka and to me, all of them depend on end user for use of Do.

•••
What could be your price estimate?

Difficult to say, as always. I would say good value. Depends how many other country code "bet" names there are on the market. At least this one makes sense and is readable.

What about selling it in the Dominican Republic?

•••
I heard that the registry does not allow speculative registrations.

•••
I heard that the registry does not allow speculative registrations.

I think a domain acquisition can only be considered "speculative" if it can be proven that the registrant only registered the domain with a view to selling it.

All he is doing here, of course, is asking for appraisals so this is nothing really to do with speculation, a.k.a. buying with a view to reselling. So he's doing nothing wrong.

:)

•••
Any known issue with DR?

Nope, I don't think so.

The Dominican Rep. is a fairly safe jurisdiction. Their registry rules and regs are in Spanish, however. I did have these translated some time ago, but couldn't see anything untoward in them. If brighter minds than mine know any different to this 'though, then please say so here and we can discuss it!

•••
Nope, I don't think so.

The Dominican Rep. is a fairly safe jurisdiction. Their registry rules and regs are in Spanish, however. I did have these translated some time ago, but couldn't see anything untoward in them. If brighter minds than mine know any different to this 'though, then please say so here and we can discuss it!

Their fine print is in Spanish in PDFs but the English version of their site gives quite a lot of information: http://www.nic.do/ingles/

No mention of not registering on speculation which would be impossible to police anyway, and/or easy to get around.

•••
Need your help in appraising BET•DO domain name. Thanks

Because .DO is the ccTLD of the Dominican Republic, an English word is not as valuable as its Spanish translation (Apuesta.do, Apostar.do, etc). Yes, there are schools that teach English there, but only a fraction of the young population attend and there are not that many English speaking people in DR. Arguably, the word "BET" could be used on any English speaking country, but not many users are going to trust that extension as they would a .COM.

Unless there is previous high visitors traffic history which I'm not aware of. the estimated value is at around: $2,400

•••
Because .DO is the ccTLD of the Dominican Republic, an English word is not as valuable as its Spanish translation (Apuesta.do, Apostar.do, etc).

Lol.

•••
•••
How many 3 letter domain names do you own, Mr. funny Koala?

I'm not sure what you mean about the 3 letter comment, but .DO has no local (or Spanish) market to speak of and so English-based domain hacks are, by far, the prime use for .DO names.

•••
I'm not sure what you mean about the 3 letter comment, but .DO has no local (or Spanish) market to speak of and so English-based domain hacks are, by far, the prime use for .DO names.

"3 letter" (LLL) domain names are usually valuable in TLD names (including ccTLD's) especially more if they are a word, and that's why I asked you how many you had. .DO Domains are intended for businesses and individuals who are interested in expanding their brand or website in the Dominican Republic. Whether a resident or visitor, a .DO Domain Registration will give you the credibility needed to succeed within these islands.

And, whether there is, or not, a market to speak of is irrelevant. That said, on second look, BET.DO is worth $149.98 (it's not registered), not $2,400 as I initially estimated, but it should get there one day.

Last edited:
•••
What a nice debate has been grown here since my last visit :)

That said, on second look, BET.DO is worth $149.98 (it's not registered), not $2,400 as I initially estimated, but it should get there one day.
Let me kindly suggest you to change your domain availability checker / whois server, if it tells you that BET.DO is unregistered (or was unregistered to the time you made that comment) ;)

•••
Because .DO is the ccTLD of the Dominican Republic, an English word is not as valuable as its Spanish translation (Apuesta.do, Apostar.do, etc). Yes, there are schools that teach English there, but only a fraction of the young population attend and there are not that many English speaking people in DR. Arguably, the word "BET" could be used on any English speaking country, but not many users are going to trust that extension as they would a .COM.

Unless there is previous high visitors traffic history which I'm not aware of. the estimated value is at around: $2,400
Thanks for your opinion. Frankly speaking it's hard to believe that someone from domainers will register domain in .DO zone to target DR market :) I don't even know if there is any domain aftermarket in that country. So, I bet completely on international market.

•••
What a nice debate has been grown here since my last visit :)

Let me kindly suggest you to change your domain availability checker / whois server, if it tells you that BET.DO is unregistered (or was unregistered to the time you made that comment) ;)

Hey, that's what it said on 101domain.com at the time I posted it. Marcaria.com does confirm what you said though. Point is the DN is only worth what the demand will bear at the time you submit it for sale. And like I said, at this time is worth $149, i.e. nada. Period, end of story.

If it's investing we're talking, I would much rather buy the domain Pet.do for $149 (available now) than Bet.do, since it's a more popular search word in any country.

DigitalBrand said:
...Frankly speaking it's hard to believe that someone from domainers will register domain in .DO zone to target DR market...

Targeting that country would be the least of a domainer's concerns. The hope is that a 3L word DN will pick up a lot value in the short term ccTLD aftermarket. Now, if the intention is to drive traffic to your business website, then with good SEO work you could gain a significant advantage in SERP's, (not that the strategy works all the time).

Last edited:
•••
I would much rather buy the domain Pet.do for $149 (available now) than Bet.do, since it's a more popular search word in any country.

It's fine for you to think in that typical domainer way, but bet.do is actually a "domain hack", meaning that both aspects to the left and the right of the dot are important, and collectively either spell out a word or a phrase, etc..

In this case then, bet.do is a lot more valuable than pet.do because the former is inviting a user to actually place a bet and this is a positive event (at least for the business owner!). Pet.do, on the other hand, makes no sense at all as a domain hack. After all, who on earth would ever want to "do" a pet, unless perhaps you were in to bestiality or what have you...

In addition, and as we have already explained, there is little to no local market for .do domains and so keywords that would ordinarily be thought of as valuable in .com (e.g. "pet") are not really valuable at all here. If you are still in any doubt on this, I suggest you check one of the big domain sales registries; you will immediately see that pretty much all sales in .do are domain hacks.

Cheers,

Last edited:
•••
After all, who on earth would ever want to "do" a pet, unless perhaps you were in to bestiality or what have you...

You need to stop reveling your own true tendencies on this forum.

Ben Price said:
In addition, and as we have already explained, there is little to no local market for .do domains and so keywords that would ordinarily be thought of as valuable in .com (e.g. "pet") are not really valuable at all here. If you are still in any doubt on this, I suggest you check one of the big domain sales registries; you will immediately see that pretty much all sales in .do are domain hacks).

You can rationalize all you want, Sir, but at the end of the day people interested in buying domains for their businesses are not going to be interested in hacks (unless of course, it's a domainer like you) but in good purpose names. Google is not going to rank higher Poo.do than Poo.com if it doesn't have enough back links and a good SEO.

Regards,

•••
You need to stop reveling your own true tendencies on this forum.

You can rationalize all you want, Sir, but at the end of the day people interested in buying domains for their businesses are not going to be interested in hacks (unless of course, it's a domainer like you) but in good purpose names. Google is not going to rank higher Poo.do than Poo.com if it doesn't have enough back links and a good SEO.

Regards,

I will ignore your offensive comment about believing I am interested in bestiality. After all your pointless rambling, however, you finally get to your point, which is that you just do not like domain hacks. That's fine. :)

This thread, however, is about a domain appraisal from informed people, and is not about those who are afraid of hacks and want to try and prove a point...

Last edited:
•••
Thank you guys, for these debates - that's the best thing to happen to domain appraisal thread :)

As for the subject itself, I believe domain hack value discussion has its strong pros and cons and there is no need to repeat them on every name appraisal. Just, if you are non-believer of domain hacks, state it together with your price estimate to make it easier for reader to understand your point correctly.

Anyway, great to have all opinions here.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back