Domain Empire

Best ways to advertise locally?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SmartMoneyFinance

Established Member
Impact
I recently started a greenhouse installation service to sell and install complete greenhouses for gardening. The problem is that because of the bulkiness of the product I can only operate in Ontario where this business is based. What are some good promotional meathods for getting to people interested in this type of product within my geographical area?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Traditional advertising is usually the first Go To: e.g. Local Newspaper ad, Local Mailer, Local word of mouth, Attending a Local Trade Show, Local Radio Spot, Local Commercial, etc. - Though, these can get a bit pricey.

Some non-traditional methods that still seem to work in local markets would be: Door hangers (Do it yourself or have a teenager make extra cash by hanging them), Flyers, Co-ops with gardening / handy man stores to have your cards on their checkout counters, grocery store / laundry mat billboards (Many have a free cork-board inside you can pin an ad on), Co-Op with a local bank that would allow your business cards somewhere for customers to see (Pitch it as people seeking loans for your larger installations, which benefits them), etc.

Those are just the first things that popped into my head. You may want to look over this more comprehensive list I made several years ago for some ideas: https://www.namepros.com/threads/marketing-ideas-and-techniques.719211/

Note: I would naturally stick to promoting it as self sustaining farming. Maybe even toss in the extreme angle of "What if there was an apocalypse and grocery stores shut down". That alone would show the need to be self sustaining in order to survive. Then you have the angle of "All natural with no Pesticides or chemicals". The fact that growing it yourself allows you to know 100% for sure where it came from and the process it went through.

Last edited:
•••
Local search optimization. In a nutshell: Google MyBusiness page + local citations + locally targeted web site + good local links + get online reviews from happy customers.

And the offline things Eric mentioned. I'll add to those
- Get interviewed by the local press - (free advertising.)
- Sponsor a related local event (which will get you more press mentions.)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back