NameSilo

Best Software For catch .in Expire Domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dvz336

Impact

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think DesktopCatcher but there's variety of software to catch domains they prefers to use the various registrars API in order to catch domain at the time of drop. If you can't afford desktopcatcher then you can prefer to autobackorder.com as they are also using the same software and they will try their best to catch your domain at the time of drop.

•••
I haven't used DesktopCatcher but am looking for such a solution.

A visit to the DesktopCatcher website makes me somewhat dubious though:

- This privacy policy is ripped from Virtua Drug Ltd.

- The software was last updated over a year ago (click on release notes) / Paying $49.95 USDa month, I would expect the software to be updated more frequently.

- The pending delete lists are blank

- quite a few spelling mistakes on the website.

- Velocity8810 recommends an alternative autobackorder dot com , the desktopcatcher website recommends the same alternative. Coincidence?

•••
If you are looking for the paid solution, check services by inbackorder com. I personally have never used their services. Heard about them in some other forum.

•••
I haven't used DesktopCatcher but am looking for such a solution.

A visit to the DesktopCatcher website makes me somewhat dubious though:

- This privacy policy is ripped from Virtua Drug Ltd.

- The software was last updated over a year ago (click on release notes) / Paying $49.95 USDa month, I would expect the software to be updated more frequently.

- The pending delete lists are blank

- quite a few spelling mistakes on the website.

- Velocity8810 recommends an alternative autobackorder dot com , the desktopcatcher website recommends the same alternative. Coincidence?

I am here from Virtua Drug Ltd (or our new name Domain Science).

The thing is that we don't support .in backorders on AutoBackorder at all at the moment. First, because it seems a registrar cannot be involved in dropcatching and we have our own registrar. We would have no problem providing backorder services for registration fee but it is not clear that it is allowed or not.

And there is another rule, a registrant can only have 2 .in domains (we have to contact the CEO of the registry for approval for each registrant if they have more, which we are not willing to do). So it is basically impossiple to provide dropcatching service without breaking these rules. I know there are many registrars out there who are doing it, we don't.

As for DesktopCatcher, I don't know what are your privacy concerns but we don't monitor the activity of our users at all, not even for collecting statistics or anything. We don't know what our users do. One secret about the licensing fee: we don't disable keys even if your subscription has expired. It is just no business to provide full support forever for a one time fee, that's all. So you can use DesktopCatcher and than cancel your subscription after a month, it will work. With Dynadot API or OnlineNIC or RRPProxy, you might catch some .in domains there.

We don't update the software too often and there is a serious reason behind: not the software but the APIs catch the domain. It makes no difference if we recolor the software each month, the strength of the APIs will decide if you can catch a domain with the software or not.

•••
I am here from Virtua Drug Ltd (or our new name Domain Science).

The thing is that we don't support .in backorders on AutoBackorder at all at the moment. First, because it seems a registrar cannot be involved in dropcatching and we have our own registrar. We would have no problem providing backorder services for registration fee but it is not clear that it is allowed or not.

And there is another rule, a registrant can only have 2 .in domains (we have to contact the CEO of the registry for approval for each registrant if they have more, which we are not willing to do). So it is basically impossiple to provide dropcatching service without breaking these rules. I know there are many registrars out there who are doing it, we don't.

As for DesktopCatcher, I don't know what are your privacy concerns but we don't monitor the activity of our users at all, not even for collecting statistics or anything. We don't know what our users do. One secret about the licensing fee: we don't disable keys even if your subscription has expired. It is just no business to provide full support forever for a one time fee, that's all. So you can use DesktopCatcher and than cancel your subscription after a month, it will work. With Dynadot API or OnlineNIC or RRPProxy, you might catch some .in domains there.

We don't update the software too often and there is a serious reason behind: not the software but the APIs catch the domain. It makes no difference if we recolor the software each month, the strength of the APIs will decide if you can catch a domain with the software or not.
The software desktopcatcher bought years ago is not working with dynadot and maybe other api. Is it dead ?

Last edited:
•••
The software desktopcatcher bought years ago is not working with dynadot and maybe other api. Is it dead ?

It works properly with Dynadot, the issue should be specific to your VPS/settings.

Last edited:
•••
It works properly with Dynadot, the issue should be specific to your VPS/settings.
it's not, i used it many times years ago and now it's not working.
UNKNOWN ERROR on every lines

•••
it's not, i used it many times years ago and now it's not working.
UNKNOWN ERROR on every lines

It is working here and we did not get other error report. Maybe some firewall, virus checker, etc blocks the connection or something like that if you checked for trivial errors like IP whitelisting or coupon code settings is not filled with an expired code.

•••
I checked everything, tried different isp with withlisted ip and that's not work, error report means nothing

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back