Dynadot

Best ROI in domaining?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Argentum

Established Member
Impact
Hello there!

Please advise which kind of domains have best ROI? I'm talking only about .com's and today market.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Keyword domains. You can sell hand reg for $xxxx in a short time if you know what you are doing. However, you cant count on $xxxx sale in a short time with a hand reg, but you definitely could count on $xxx sale in a short time (if you know what you are doing).

CHIPS are speculation and even if you pick the right one you cant be sure you will sell hand reg for $xxxx in a few days

•••
Liquid domains - Numerics (less than 6N), LLL.com, Keyword

•••
Liquid domains - Numerics (less than 6N), LLL.com, Keyword

Sorry, but I don't agree. He asked about best ROI. It is very hard to make ROI of 2 in a short time with lets say LLL.com or NNNNN.com, but it is very easy with keyword domain which you hand reg for $8-$9. You need to sell it for only $20 and you will have ROI higher than 2.

EDIT: On the other hand. It might be easier to make $10000 profit with one LLL.com than with several hand regs of keyword domains. But also, you need to invest much more money in LLL.com and the risk is much more higher.

So many options in domaining. Thats why it is beautiful :)

•••
Liquid domain are good for small/quick profit.

But keyword or brandable domains definitely have more potential for big ROI because your are dealing with end user. But it could take years before finding the right buyer.

•••
Sorry, but I don't agree. He asked about best ROI. It is very hard to make ROI of 2 in a short time with lets say LLL.com or NNNNN.com, but it is very easy with keyword domain which you hand reg for $8-$9. You need to sell it for only $20 and you will have ROI higher than 2.

Agree with you. Hand reg keywords will have the best ROI.

•••
Thanks guys for you opinions! What about if i have funds about $100k for investment and I don't know too much about domaining (which keyword hand regs to do etc), where to invest in such case? 3L/4L? Numerics? Where you have less chances to have bad ROI.

•••
I think 4L is the most liquid and bright future to grow. Keyword domains are not liquid at all. You buy today and sell it in 10 years maybe. But keyword domains may pay you good return. If you can catch the end user.

•••
I found an end user for a hand-regged brandable .com domain I regged the day before. Sold for $XXX the next day.

•••
If I had $100k to invest, I'd invest it in 3L, 4L, good quality one word generics.

•••
Hi

sure you could make a nice profit, but you will never achieve the best or highest roi possible, if you have flipper mentality.

those who "wait" for the right offers and those who own domains with traffic that produce revenue from parking, usually earn the highest returns on investment.

why, because domain owners in that group, typically don't "have to sell" their domains as frequently as "flippers" to sustain their portfolios'.

those who wait for offers, in general may have purchased the domain when acquisition costs were low and they held the domain until it's market value rose 10 fold or more, before considering to sell it.

ie: someone who bought a LLL.com for $4,500 in 2010 and now they are getting offers above $30k for it now.
versus someone who paid $18k for a LLL.com in 2014 and they are trying to flip for $25K today

though the domain is what draws the buyer, it's the owner who negotiates the price.

so, from category to category, whether it be chinese premium, brandables, emd's, numerics, short domains, etc, etc, it's up to the seller, what the margin of profit will be.

imo....

•••
I cannot give you any generic advice, I can tell you that I have sold names for 1000x the acquisition price (keywords, brandable and 5N) but every day I spend more than four hours researching the market...

•••
Keyword domains are the best option for best ROI.

•••
To simply answer your question, it really depends on what type of investment you are willing to make:

1. Short term investment: In this case, go with the liquid domains and considering current market, LLL and NNNN .coms are hot.

2. Long term investment: If you have a budget of $100K, buy half dozen of premium domains and wait for the right time, or the right buyer to approach you.

Simply put, domaining has a variety of options and only you who can decide about the way to go to gain maximum profit.

However, don't forget to check the latest selling trends on namebio .com.

•••
My best ROI is LLNN.com
Bought $xxx and sold $xx,xxx 3 months later - 3200 % ROI

•••
•••
Thanks guys for you opinions! What about if i have funds about $100k for investment and I don't know too much about domaining (which keyword hand regs to do etc), where to invest in such case? 3L/4L? Numerics? Where you have less chances to have bad ROI.

I would not spend a penny of that $100k until you know all that there is... otherwise, you can kiss it goodbye.

•••

EDIT: On the other hand. It might be easier to make $10000 profit with one LLL.com than with several hand regs of keyword domains. But also, you need to invest much more money in LLL.com and the risk is much more higher.

So many options in domaining. Thats why it is beautiful :)

I agree with keyword domains even thought you will have to do a lot of research and filtering you will find some great 2 word .coms that will earn you some awesome ROI like 5 times your investment, 10 times or more.

As for numeric and short characters they are so hot right now and it is just a seller's market. This is the best time to sell them and get your ROI but if you do not have these you will have to put up a big investment to get your hands on them.

- Will

•••
Scrap whats left of two-three word .com's its well ribbed by now !

•••
Be careful .........flip flip flop

•••
Given the psychological tendency to renew most of one's portfolio, the best ROI oftentimes might be to NOT register or backorder a so-so domain to begin with.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back