Dynadot

.BEST Price Decreases this August

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainFQ.com

Trell.ShopTop Member
Impact
.BEST Price Decreases this August

We have wonderful news. On August 5th 00:00 UTC, the .BEST registry will be decreasing their prices, which means lower pricing will be passed onto you! The .BEST price will drop from $83.99 to the following (based on spending level):
Regular: $18.99
Bulk: $17.99
Super Bulk: $17.50

The new price will be applied to registrations*, renewals, and transfers. So mark your calendars, friends! And, remember to register, renew, or transfer your .BEST domain(s) for your best website(s).

On Dynadot​

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice one. Thanks for sharing.

•••
•••
•••
Decrease or not, it's still a piece of sh*t

•••
This had been announced as going to happen some months ago on NPs by the .best co-CEO, but it is nice to see it confirmed by a registrar. I wish it was a bit lower still, comparable to com, but at least it is much better than the $70 range renewals had been at previously.
Bob

•••
This gets back to why it’s a bad idea to prepay registrations years out. Prices for all registrations across all extensions have historically gone down.

•••
This gets back to why it’s a bad idea to prepay registrations years out. Prices for all registrations across all extensions have historically gone down.
I guess we shouldn't restart this :xf.wink:, but I would instead say it is why it is a good idea to be informed about current rates, announced or expected increases or decreases, and react accordingly.

•••
A 77% price cut?
It is not quite a normal situation as the TLD was taken over by a new ownership group about 11 months ago and they have a new vision for the extension. As part of that they announced some months ago that the renewal would be reduced to wholesale (to registrars) of about $15 but needed to give (6 months?) notice to registrars for the existing agreements in place.
Bob

•••

.BEST domains just got better! Until Dec 31, you can register your new .BEST domains for $1.69. But that's not all! .BEST is also lowering renewal & transfer prices going forward. New renewal price is $17.79 & new transfer price is $16.79. Register here: NameSilo

•••
I see according to TLD-List that a number of registrars now indicate the reduced price for renewal. As I write this the lowest is Porkbun at $16.95, but Dynadot and others also show low rates. The NameSilo one is not yet updated, but I presume will be in a few hours. The best renewal rate is $15.00 (wholesale rate) at Domain Cost Club (not included in TLD-list) but you also need to factor in the annual cost of one of their subscription plans.

I think this lowered renewal rate, while still higher than legacy extensions, will help .best be seen as potential domain investments for some. The extension has grown steadily in registrations with the discounts over the past months, although the resale market is still inactive for the most part.

Bob

•••
.BEST domains just got better! Until Dec 31, you can register your new .BEST domains for $1.69. But that's not all! .BEST is also lowering renewal & transfer prices going forward. New renewal price is $17.79 & new transfer price is $16.79.​
..​
A problem is even though the renewal cost was reduced a lot it's still far too high. Renewals should be the same or lower vs .com and certainly not double .com pricing, imo. In fact, that opinion is also applicable to most other newer tlds what with their often very high renewals.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back