IT.COM

Best $$$ place to park domain? Monetizing question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi Everyone, Im leaning towards namedrive after reading some posts in this forum, some people months ago said they would try it and give their feed back after comparing it to sedo and others, any conclusions?

afternic, fabulous, sedo, namedrive, another?

If I were to use namedrive, should I choose 1 click or portal for ad type?

Any other general monetizing advice would be very helpful, I bought a TON of names over the years (over active something) and never got around to building them and the renewal fees are starting to get heavy :)

thank you

Mike G

NationwideBrokerage.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like Sedo a lot, particularly because they offer some 21 landing pages per domain in 21 different languages. They don't pay a lot, but does attract a lot of traffic. Most of my domains parked at Sedo get 50+ uniques per month.

NameDrive is also excellent.

DomainSponsor also pays very well, however their landing pages are very third-world, and they tend not to be search engine friendly.

•••
I just moved 500+ names FROM sedo TO namedrive. I am making 80% of what I did at sedo per month IN A DAY now at namedrive...you be the judge...

I will be taking a few of those names and testing fabulous too...

•••
NameDrive has been GREAT to me!

As stated in a previous post somewhere, I made more with ND in my first 2 weeks than I did in 3 months with Sedo or Domain Hop. I get more views and clicks on all the domains and most pay at least 10-11 cents vs .03-.07 at either of the other two places. (Since making the move I've also added some domains that average $2+ a click - cha-ching!!!)

PM me if you want a referral code for ND...

•••
NameDrive is my favorite. Feel free to PM me if you have questions about it.

•••
Here's a tip no matter where one chooses to park their domains.

Be sure to "massage" your keywords to maximize your page's ad targetting. Sometimes keywords that you think will give you the right ads will actually work against you and cause less focused ads to appear.

Most programs allow you to see a preview of the type of ads that your keywords will trigger. This may take a few minutes to do for each domain but it will pay off for you in the long run.

Also, if header image options are available, seriously look at each one. I noticed that click through rates increased when I changed the headers on some of my pages. Can I swear this was the reason? No, but it's the only thing that changed. Maybe it causes the visitor to "stop, look and think" for a moment as opposed to automatically dismissing the page.

Last edited:
•••
My advise is that you park at Sedo, get all the landing pages indexed, then park at NameDrive. The sedo landing pages are gonna stay on Google for a long time after you move them to NameDrive.

PM me if you need any help.

•••
I have used a few parking services including DomainSponsors, NameDrive and Sedo. I have got my best results with Sedo

•••
•••
I recommend Name Drive. Support, interface, and great monetization.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back