IT.COM

question Best Place For A Snap Sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

soopasimon

Established Member
Impact
Hi Guys

This has probably been asked a lot of times, but I will try and ask this in a way that many 'casual' domain name owners may find useful. The thing is, I have one domain I want to sell. I want to sell it quickly (like this week) and it's a nice domain. I won't list it here but there is a very recent post about it I posted earlier.

The thing is I am not a 'domainer', I make my own custom websites, and then turn that single website into my business. My current venture is well over budget and whilst I am not expecting tens of thousands for my domain, I do think it may get low $x,xxx which could help me out short term. I think there may be other people in this boat who come here looking for a quick simple answer to this question:

If you needed to sell a domain straight away and get a reasonable price, where would you do it?
I am thinking of either:

1) SEDO
2) FLIPPA
3) EBAY (but that seems the worst)
4) Here
5) Godaddy (but for some weird reason it wont let me do a 7 day auction)

I am looking at listing within 24hrs, so let me know your best advice. I appreciate it.

PS - I am not holding out for anyone, nor being pro-active. I'm just going to do a re-active auction and fingers crossed. If someone wants to hold out and make a profit, good luck to them - it's what you domainers make money from.

Programming is my domain, domains are your domain :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Outbound might serve well! There are no guarantees of a quick sale on any of those platforms (especially depends on the domain and the price)

•••
•••
•••
I don't offer godaddy support services

•••
•••
•••
•••
Yes, to indicate that OP has issues listing the domain at auction on GD. Which means your comment/suggestion was moot!
Hardly. There's something to be said for figuring things out in life. Hope you figure this out.

•••
Oh yeh, it was also one of the 5 options in the original post.

•••
thanks guys.

I'm still not sure which to go for. I think Godaddy seems favourite?
I've seen some fairly good prices there.
Ebay & Flippa seem out of the question.

I'll give them a call, see why it's not letting me do the 7 day auction. Maybe it's because it's on BIN/ counter offer type thing and that has 13 days left on tha marketplace and you can't just change it, which seems kind of odd?

•••
GD 7 day auction would be a worthwhile place to sell if it would show names amongst the expiring ones. For some reason there are tons of people bidding on expiring auctions, but not so many on GD 7 day.
If I'm not mistaken, GD 7-day auctions doesn't even show up anymore on expireddomains.net, which is a very very valuable platform for both sellers, and buyers as well.

I would recommend namejet too, although that process could be extremely long. From listing it to receiving your payment in case of a successful sale, could be 2 months.

•••
Hi

Thanks for the input. The domain is not expiring. I am still thinking Godaddy though.

•••
Thanks everyone for your replies

I called Godaddy who sorted it out and I put it on a low three figure start.
A risk for such a good domain but I am not a domainer so for me it's better to liquidise.

Fingers crossed!

•••
•••
I've never used flippa, but i see many namejet/snapname catches auctioned there for more than acquired. Godaddy has the audience though, and you don't have to pay unless the name sells. Best of luck

•••
Thanks all. It is on Godaddy now (4 days left). I paid for the premium upgrade as that seemed to make sense.

Let's see - no bids so far and I started it on a low three figures!

•••
Thanks all. It is on Godaddy now (4 days left). I paid for the premium upgrade as that seemed to make sense.

Let's see - no bids so far and I started it on a low three figures!
Don't you get the option to set reserve prices with a premium upgrade? You might have done better to start with the standard USD 20 starting bid with a reserve instead of a high starting price

•••
I just had a look. I can only change start bid, but not the reserve.

I would have changed it as normally auctions all happen last minute in my experience.
Is this the same with Godaddy?

If it does not sell, it does not sell, but it's less than I paid for it 9 years ago and that was before the name became a household gaming name. I had to wait until the trademark dropped and became non recoverable before selling.

So I really do hope it sells, it should do!

•••
Hi Guys

This has probably been asked a lot of times, but I will try and ask this in a way that many 'casual' domain name owners may find useful. The thing is, I have one domain I want to sell. I want to sell it quickly (like this week) and it's a nice domain. I won't list it here but there is a very recent post about it I posted earlier.

The thing is I am not a 'domainer', I make my own custom websites, and then turn that single website into my business. My current venture is well over budget and whilst I am not expecting tens of thousands for my domain, I do think it may get low $x,xxx which could help me out short term. I think there may be other people in this boat who come here looking for a quick simple answer to this question:

If you needed to sell a domain straight away and get a reasonable price, where would you do it?
I am thinking of either:

1) SEDO
2) FLIPPA
4) Here

I am looking at listing within 24hrs, so let me know your best advice. I appreciate it.

PS - I am not holding out for anyone, nor being pro-active. I'm just going to do a re-active auction and fingers crossed. If someone wants to hold out and make a profit, good luck to them - it's what you domainers make money from.

NamePros :)

•••
@soopasimon - would be interested in hearing how your GoDaddy auction turns out and, if possible, to share the name and final bid.

•••
Godaddy auction or Flippa auction (with upgrade).

You won't get much at eBay.

Namepros may be fast, but don't expect anything more than reseller price.

•••
I have it in Godaddy (with upgrade) and it ends today.
I don't want to reply anymore as it may look spammy mentioning my auction.

Thanks everyone.

•••
Hi Guys

I am thinking of either:

1) SEDO
2) FLIPPA
4) Here

Auctioning a domain with a 1 week timeline, is going to completely mess with your ROI. In fact, I'd go farther and say it is likely to decimate it. I wouldn't recommend you even try it. IMHO.

•••
I think you just taking information regarding selling domains, how is impossible you try a selling a domain and not promoting here via link or name, if it's really a good name than share the name with us and you expect more bids.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back