Dynadot

discuss Best Domain Marketplace PHP Scripts?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HKIBC

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Looking to build our own brandable domain marketplace with some bells and whistles that Efty and others are lacking and unlikely to develop any time soon. Besides that, my partner's a control freak ;)

We are not looking for a turnkey solution, but rather a base app, written in PHP, to build upon and develop into what we need. I know some of you have already been through this process and run your own marketplaces. I'd appreciate any recommendations and practical pointers from users with hands-on experience, with special attention to:

- existing features - what's good and what's missing?

- is the package developer-friendly, i.e. with good documentation and hooks or other tools for extending it?

We'd prefer something open source, that is without any licensing constraints.

Thanks!
Maggie

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
If you have a couple of dolllars to spare, http://flagshipnames.com/domain-sales-page-script/ is a pretty simple easy setup. Not sure about customizing it yet.

No problem paying for a good fit :)
Provided, the source code's included and comes with an open source type license to freely develop and use on multiple sites commercially (we plan to market our brandables and other domains under separate brands).

Last edited:
•••
I've started to use the u-Auctions scripts to customes a domain name sales site. My site ( still under development) is here -
xyz1 - a personal domain name auction and sales listing site

I'm using the free version which is a bit limited, but there is a paid ( fairly inexpensive ) version which has a lot more options, and an active support forum.

I tried using a couple of shopping carts, but they are so far away from the requirements of the domain name industry, that I gave up. However, they are probably OK if you are selling registrations.

•••
No problem paying for a good fit :)
Provided, the source code's included and comes with an open source type license to freely develop and use on multiple sites commercially (we plan to market our brandables and other domains under separate brands).

Had an issue downloading it originally from email and the author was very quick to fix it and encouraged modification. And yes, it is for unlimited usage. I recommend.

•••
Ecommerce is very easy to use

•••
•••
You could either buy Woocommerce WordPress (try Google if you don't know) theme and setup your own shop or hire someone to develop a marketplace from scratch. I went for 2nd option and setup my own marketplace.

Buying a random PHP script won't serve the purpose. It is worth creating from start if you want something attractive and useful.

•••
Ecommerce? Could you elaborate or provide a link?
Oh sorry, I wrote that too quickly. I meant WooCommerce. Its fully compatible with many WP themes.

•••
@HKIBC

You can find lot of scripts that will support your own portfolio, but if you are planning to develop a 'marketplace' then it is much more complex since you are dealing with other sellers.

We had to go with customization for what we wanted. It was lot of work and took some time though, but turned out good. http://www.lysted.com

•••
I wouldn't want wordpress
as it doesn't allow to just send the domains to an IP

•••
I wouldn't want wordpress
as it doesn't allow to just send the domains to an IP

WordPress has nothing to with IP. Mostly, WordPress websites run on a shared IP address and you can not point all domains to it as the hosting provider wouldn't resolve them. The easy solution is 301 Permanent redirect. Create landing page for each domain in WordPress website, copy the URL and setup 301 redirect in domain panel. You can also use masking to hide the redirect URL and shows domain actual address in browser address bar, but it is discouraged by search engines.

For forwarding all domains to single IP, you need a static IP address (You can buy one from Amazon Route53), create white label nameservers (ns.domain.com etc.) and point all domains you own to it.

Off course, it is complex and involves a lot of technicalities.

•••
I wasn't able to find one, and decided to build my own marketplace from scratch. it took me several months to complete it, but the great thing is, now I am able to scale it further with ease. Are you looking to list your own portfolio or is it going to be a public marketplace? If i can be any help, we can talk on skype.

•••
If you are just looking for a landing page to take offers on your domains, take a look at the script in my signature. It supports unlimited domains and can be customized with a unique header for each domain. I initially built it for my own portfolio, but decided to make it available to other domainers.

You can use WordPress' TablePress plug-in (free) to create sortable and searchable lists of domains for offer on your website - like I have done here.

•••
WordPress has nothing to with IP. Mostly, WordPress websites run on a shared IP address and you can not point all domains to it as the hosting provider wouldn't resolve them.

si tacuisses

Create landing page for each domain in WordPress website, copy the URL and setup 301 redirect in domain panel.

thats exactly what I want to avoid

Last edited:
•••
Many thanks to everyone for all ideas and suggestions. Keep them coming :)

A couple of points, though:

- I currently manage close to 2000 domains...

- we need this to scale effortlessly to 10,000 domains and beyond...

- so... no Wordpress!

Thanks everyone!
Maggie

•••
Anybody else with suggestions...?

•••
This might not be a direct match but you could use our marketplace to create a storefront. You can fully customize which buying options your buyers will have, add your own branding to your storefront and so on.

This is how your for sales pages will look like:

http://antiwet.com

and your personal storefront:

https://undeveloped.com/domain-seller/famous-four-media

The above we offer for free and we'll only charge a commission when you have a successful sale. The clear benefit of using a marketplace like Undeveloped is that we keep investing in improving the platform so you don't have to spend time and resources on development but simply focus on selling and further developing your portfolio of domain names.

•••
I suggest something from scracth using a PHP framework (like Zend, Symfony or Yii) for back end, and a new JS libraries (like React js) for front end.
I know there are a lot of work in analysis / database design / development and test, but believe me you can do what you want with a from scratch solution and you can customize your application in infinity ways.
Today the site speed (fast load/rendering) is one of the most important parameters. NO wordpress or heavy CMS!

•••
This might not be a direct match but you could use our marketplace to create a storefront. You can fully customize which buying options your buyers will have, add your own branding to your storefront and so on.

The above we offer for free and we'll only charge a commission when you have a successful sale. The clear benefit of using a marketplace like Undeveloped is that we keep investing in improving the platform so you don't have to spend time and resources on development but simply focus on selling and further developing your portfolio of domain names.

congrats
so finally somebody understood the VAT country detection concept

•••

I can't find how much you charge

•••
@HKIBC - Did you find a good fit for you or are you still sorting through the options? Or just to narrow down the choices presented here since you have already done the legwork on all mentioned in this thread! : unx is lazy :

•••
@HKIBC - Did you find a good fit for you or are you still sorting through the options? Or just to narrow down the choices presented here since you have already done the legwork on all mentioned in this thread! : unx is lazy :
Couldn't find a good fit. My partner is working on a custom made solution. Slow going as it's a busy time with our core business (HK company formation).

Last edited:
•••
Couldn't find a good fit. My partner is working on a custom made solution. Slow going as it's a busy time with our core business (HK company formation).

What's your business specialty? Great thread by the way.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back