Dynadot

discuss Best come back lines for outbound buyer saying "Will think about it..no hurry"

NameSilo
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
I don't do outbound much but randomly picked a name last nite and emailed one google result.. she replied right away and first said she is not intereated.. to whcih I replied something like.. if u change your mind email me cause its going cheap... then she wrote back and aksed for price..so I gave a good mid XXX price.. and she did not even counter.. just said "I'd need proof you own it".. at which I set her up on undeveloped, with bin and some to prove I own it in description.. etc... so that seemed enough proof to her... but no immediate payment last nite.. so this morn I asked her if all good with checkout to which she wrote.. "Will think about it..no hurry"

just curious if you guys have any amazing come back lines to this one..

thought it'd make useful fun thread too. ty

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Withdrawal of attention. There is a good chance there was no deal to begin with just her making you work for it and playing psychological games (for an unsolicited marketer)

Remove the proof or replace with available for the first buyer and raise the price, do not mention it or contact her at all. She will visit the site at some point and be like "what the fuck Im not buying now" or "I will buy now if you lower the price". Reply either with nothing or "You've got 24h". Either way your leverage as an outbounder is close to zero and begging won't make her buy it any more...

•••
I don't do outbound much but randomly picked a name last nite and emailed one google result.. she replied right away and first said she is not intereated.. to whcih I replied something like.. if u change your mind email me cause its going cheap... then she wrote back and aksed for price..so I gave a good mid XXX price.. and she did not even counter.. just said "I'd need proof you own it".. at which I set her up on undeveloped, with bin and some to prove I own it in description.. etc... so that seemed enough proof to her... but no immediate payment last nite.. so this morn I asked her if all good with checkout to which she wrote.. "Will think about it..no hurry"

just curious if you guys have any amazing come back lines to this one..

thought it'd make useful fun thread too. ty
Its not even 24 hours. Wait a few days.

Last edited:
•••
thanks.. for commnets..

@Mahouni if you say no deal to begin with... then I doubt she'll be visiting the site again later...
but I also thought no deal after she said not interesated.. but then she asked for the price.. imo interest was there... ;)

all in all... its a .co about to expire.. so itd be nice to get a sale...

I just thouhght some people here with tons of outbound experience might have a super nice precise comeback line to her specific line that she is not in a rush...

i'm thinking something like...... "this was priced for quick sale... so if you wanna think about it long, the price may go up, but if you buy within next 24 hours.. I'll lower the price by another $100"... which btw was what I originally wanted to ask her... last minute I put 480$ there instead of 380...

•••
•••
thanks.. for commnets..

@Mahouni if you say no deal to begin with... then I doubt she'll be visiting the site again later...
but I also thought no deal after she said not interesated.. but then she asked for the price.. imo interest was there... ;)

all in all... its a .co about to expire.. so itd be nice to get a sale...

I just thouhght some people here with tons of outbound experience might have a super nice precise comeback line to her specific line that she is not in a rush...

i'm thinking something like...... "this was priced for quick sale... so if you wanna think about it long, the price may go up, but if you buy within next 24 hours.. I'll lower the price by another $100"... which btw was what I originally wanted to ask her... last minute I put 480$ there instead of 380...

This woman will smell your desperation thousand miles away. If you need to sell it, be direct: "No. 24 hours xxx deal or no deal." And really think about wasting your time selling shit expiring soon as you lose even further leverage...

I think you're trying to be too clever.

Last edited:
•••
This woman will smell your desperation thousand miles away. If you need to sell it, be direct: "No. 24 hours xxx deal or no deal." And really think about wasting your time selling sh*t expiring soon as you lose even further leverage...

relax. im trying to have a friendly stressless discussion here.

there is no desperation here. and no shit.

•••

there is no desperation here. and no sh*t.
the shit here is the dump .co you're shoveling to unexpected email inboxes :D

•••
the sh*t here is the dump .co you're shoveling to unexpected email inboxes :D

thats not very nice. you must be a real shit person. ;)

•••
thats not very nice. you must be a real sh*t person. ;)
:D sometimes. But you know for some it might hurt like crap to hear a piece of truth...;)

Last edited:
•••

there is no desperation here. and no sh*t.
Yeah, there kinda is.

Its cool, but if you cant wait at least 24 hours, you are gonna scare off the buyer.

•••
:D sometimes. But you know it's tough to hear a piece of truth...

you do not understand... whats hard to hear is someone making assumption a name is shit because its about to expire... witout having any idea what name is etc... except its not making me look bad but you know who ;)

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, there kinda is.

Its cool, but if you cant wait at least 24 hours, you are gonna scare off the buyer.

seriously... the only shit here is this: I don't give a shit if I sell this name or not ... I'm really just trying to have a nice thread debate about comeback lines and stuff.

I mean anybody who sees desperation in a nice debate thread must be just desperate in their own mind or attitude or something.. I dunno... if you think about something.. then I guess you're like it or something. heh.

•••
you do not understand... whats hard to hear is someone making assumption a name is sh*t because its about to expire ... except its not making me look bad but you know who ;)

So desperate and INSECURE about your names. Not exactly a strong position to sell your names, is it now?

Ok, ok I will stop now good luck with the name and thread :D just having a bit fun...

•••
So desperate and INSECURE about your names. Not exactly a strong position to sell your names, is it now?

Ok, ok I will stop now good luck with the name and thread :D

hey man... if u wanna turn a simple question about outbounding a name into the guy being insecure desperate and owning a portfolio full of shit names... then I guess thats your problem.

but people here tend to be smart.. so I seriously doubt this is making you look good.

ciao now heh

•••
the sh*t here is the dump .co you're shoveling to unexpected email inboxes :D
dude... Outbounding is a part of domaining? Are you not a domainer? He's trying to sell a domain that is about to expire to make some money and send it to someone who can benefit from it before it expires. Give him tips to get it sold, some come back lines like the post asked for or otherwise stop being an ass.

@alcy props for actually trying. I would recommend contacting more people at least 10 but preferably 30. you will have more responses hopefully and have a better shot at selling your domain quickly before expiration. Yes, I agree you don't want to seem desperate to sell. if it's about to expire you have nothing to lose really if you sold it for $100 or even $200 you may get a quicker sale this way, but it depends on the domain. If the domain is good you may want to renew it and keep looking for a buyer but again it depends on the domain name. My biggest recommendation is don't wait on her, find some others. Good luck and I wish you success!

•••
Sometimes I just change the Landing page to include a "Buy-it-Now" with a blurb that the transaction will be processed through escrow.com (safe and secure for both Buyer and Seller -- this removes some of the doubts from a buyer). I also let them know the Buy-it-Now option is available to anyone who visits the landing page... .

Good luck with the sale!

•••
heheh.. thanks... I'm actually having a good laugh at this thread.. I mean I've seen all kinds of people on namepros... I did not join last nite and this thread was not my first post... though I admit our friend above seems like a very special specimen... I enjoyed this conversation so far.

it is absolute truth that I Do not give a shit if I sell this name or not... but of course.. its domaining.. so the preference is always to sell rather than not to sell.. I assume this goes for all domainers here heheh

as I said in my first post on top... this is actually the first outbound I ever did in like 3-4 years of domaining... and honest to god, I just randomly picked a name from my folio last nite out of boredom.. googled it... and sent one email to first search result on google on top! just like that! 10 mins later I get a reply.. the rest is like in post on top..

so I thought this was pretty fun experience... worth sharing.. not just for me.. but maybe others who wanna do outbound..

its actually a decent name.. that I might consider renewing.. haven't decided yet...

as I said in top post.. this was a really random action... like opening up a list of names and blindfolded picking a name... believe it or not (but if u seen me around here before thne you will believe)... I actually didn't know when this expires before I emailed her. :)

cheers all
and let's have some nice loving and hot debate some more now!

•••
•••
after receiving all this great info and tips (especially from mahouni)... I think I am now ready and with enough courage/desperation to email her... I think I will do this:

"hi, I am so sure your company will benefit from this domain, that I'm prepared to reduce the price by $200, just to ensure you do not let this superior opportunity pass you by... however, this discount will only apply for next 24 hours.... then the price will go up by $20 every hour.. and it'll never stop going up"

the part in bold is a joke. and it will not be included in my email. ;)

thanks to all who helped (especially mahouni). cheers all.. happy outbounding! now I feel like outbound pro! OLAK! ;)

•••
Just wondering. Did you email info@domain or did you somehow find the owner? Via linkedin or something?

•••
Best come back lines for outbound buyer saying "Will think about it... no hurry."
🚩

"Well, think about it... no hurry."

Last edited:
•••
Just wondering. Did you email info@domain or did you somehow find the owner? Via linkedin or something?

nope just got name match from google results ..first one that showed up like i said...then emailed the contact info on their website...

•••
oh boy lol

so I sent her $200 discount with 24h deadline
she wrote back she has to pass because she still does not believe I own the name.. apparently my other proof seems was not enough...

so of course... I wrote a very touchy yet true reply whereby i said if we part ways then we must do so for reasons other than buyer thinking I am trying to sell a name that I do not own... else we just part ways for wrong reasons. and I do not believe in parting ways for wrong reasons.

endusers can be just hilarious.

I'm such a outbound pro. so very proud of me now.

Last edited:
•••
seriously... the only sh*t here is this: I don't give a sh*t if I sell this name or not ... I'm really just trying to have a nice thread debate about comeback lines and stuff.

I mean anybody who sees desperation in a nice debate thread must be just desperate in their own mind or attitude or something.. I dunno... if you think about something.. then I guess you're like it or something. heh.

I hear you. Two sides of the pond.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back